News Scott Lycett Dropped For Disciplinary Reasons. Giles To Debut

Remove this Banner Ad

Giles and Frazer now go head to head trying to prove who should get the role when Scotty comes back in - exciting opportunity to see just how hungry the two lads are for afl action. I'm really looking forward to watching their games.

Doubt it. Seems there are groups. Older players who mainly stick to themselves, mid 20s who hang out and younger guys who hang out with eachother. Not very welcoming of younger players

Seems like that from...?

I don't understand club statements that cite disciplinary reasons but are vague on details; it just invited speculation. If it was, as suggested, being out on the piss or missing a team meeting, I don't see any long term downside to simply stating it outright.

They do not have to say anything if they do not want too.

Link (I'll get a more credible source in time):http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/west-...d-for-lack-of-discipline-20160616-gpkh6k.html

The West Coast Eagles' ruck woes continue unabated, with Scott Lycett joining Nic Naitanui on the sidelines - having been dropped for disciplinary reasons.

Eagles coach Adam Simpson told media at Perth Airport on Thursday that Lycett would not make the trip to Brisbane this weekend because of his behaviour on Saturday night after the Eagles' loss to Adelaide

Link: http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne...ast-ruckman-dropped-for-disciplinary-reasons/

WEST COAST STATEMENT:
Ruckman Scott Lycett has been left out of the team to play the Brisbane Lions at the Gabba on Saturday because of disciplinary action.

Lycett, who was expected to carry the load in the absence of injured star Nic Naitanui, failed to meet the standards set by the club’s leadership group, players and coaches after the disappointing loss to Adelaide last week.

“We are very disappointed that Scott has let the club down, but the behaviours we ignore are the behaviours we accept,” senior coach Adam Simpson said.

“We have standards and values that we expect of each other and Scott, unfortunately, failed to meet them.”

The timing of Lycett’s indiscretion, with Naitanui sidelined for 6-8 weeks after under-going Achilles surgery during the week, means that former GWS and Essendon ruckman Jonathan Giles will make his senior debut for the club.

Recruited through last year’s trade period, Giles has been impressive around the playing group in his first year and will carry much of the ruck responsibility for the Eagles in an important game against the Lions.

Thoughts?

I was really looking forward to watching the Eagles without NN.Lycett had a chance [ still has ] to cement his place as our main man in the middle.Im not one of those people who think we desperately need NN in the guts.Hes a great footballer but ive said for a long time that he papers over a lot of cracks.Hes also a burst player and doesnt have the tank neccessary to run out big games.We need a monster in the middle who will throw his weight around and drag a few softc#*ks along with him.NN when he returns can be the Mr Flashy and play in bursts.Its no coincidence that Lance Franklin is playing his best footy for years when man mountain Tippett is bashing and crashing.I dont believe you need a great tap ruckman [ its nice but not nessessary ]you need a competitor and thats what Lycett can give us.Pull ya head in son and seize your chance!I might be wrong ;i hope not;but i think we will see a big improvement in our midfield in coming weeks.GO SCOTTY!

Doubt it. Seems there are groups. Older players who mainly stick to themselves, mid 20s who hang out and younger guys who hang out with eachother. Not very welcoming of younger players

Seems very "matter of fact"?

Hi guys sorry to intrude but,

Tried to smuggle himself onto the Adelaide flight home.

We had a Eagles poster on our board suggesting we are going to or are going hard at Lycett. I thought he signed a long term deal? Does anyone know where he's at?

We had a Eagles poster on our board suggesting we are going to or are going hard at Lycett. I thought he signed a long term deal? Does anyone know where he's at?
Smack bang in the middle of a long term deal. 4 yrs from last year.

Would need to be a massive,massive deal for us to even entertain it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could still be at Amplifier Bar, or maybe the kebab joint next door

Smack bang in the middle of a long term deal. 4 yrs from last year.

Would need to be a massive,massive deal for us to even entertain it.

Yeah we definitely should have gone after him before he signed that deal. We could use his services right now that's for sure :oops:

Team announcement on the club site "...when Scott Lycett was ruled out because of a discipline breach last Saturday night."

So it's pretty much confirmed he got on the piss Saturday night right?

Yep, tear up his contract :D

Speculation on the real cause!

From what I have gleaned today..... Lycett was so pissed off with Simpson for not dropping non-performers that he floored Nisbett, then went out on the piss until 3.00 am around the Northbridge nightclubs meaning he slept in but since none of the team mates are really friends he had no-body to wake him up so he missed the team meeting on Sunday morning to discuss how he let his Twitter account become hacked.

Great - that clears it right up.

Team announcement on the club site "...when Scott Lycett was ruled out because of a discipline breach last Saturday night."

So it's pretty much confirmed he got on the piss Saturday night right?
Yep and didn't turn up to team meeting next morning. Can't argue with the penalty, it's fair enough.

Perhaps Simmo and Rawlings will make the mids work off of Martins taps like the oppo mids do NN's each week? Cant see Giles getting on top of Martin.

A colleague is the team doc for the Melbourne storm, I asked him why WC can't seem to win away, he suggested that the storm are very successful away because they are a very close unit and spend a lot of time with each other away from the club and wyhen they go away.
I feel this maybe a reason why WC are not as cohesive away. I never hear about the boys getting together socially as a group, only when it is a club santioned thing... anyway, I have always felt that the Eagles really are a group of individuals, a few seem to click but the group as a whole doesn't seem a really tight one.....

Anyway, I hope scotty comes back and kills it...... I need him for my supercoach!!!
Do you listen to West Coasts Backchat podcast? They talk about doing stuff together outside of the club all the time. The most recent episode Browny was digging some dirt up on Hill and a few others for brushing him off when he wanted to get coffee with them, only for this group to rock up at the club hours later all with coffee. They seem like a pretty close unit (as much as an outsider can gather from sources I suppose).

On the reason for Lycett getting dropped, it's all been mentioned before. Apparently it was a Twitter thing, then something happened post game on Saturday night (Clubbing?) and then he failed to attend a meeting on the Sunday. Fair enough he's been dropped in that case. It's shitty because of the circumstances and we need him on the park. But eh.

hopefully scooty dominates ep this week and returns with some fire in his belly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back