Round 4 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
321dfe9125b2bddcc707a6523cc048c7.jpg

download (3).jpg download (3).jpg
download (4).jpg

Well l can't speak for the other 80% but l can explain my story. I was born in 76 and started following Essendon because my father did and my grandfather before him. Unfortunately my father passed away in July 84 aged 33 before he was able to see us win our first flag in 19 years. I guess that really solidified my allegience towards Essendon. There is probably a lot less than 80% who have reasons aside from success for supporting a chosen team.
Fair enough. Clearly I was generalising and obviously your situation is different.

Hawthorn barely had a supporter before the 80s, let alone a member. North/Bulldogs/Hawks all struggled to get traction after they entered the comp.

Have a look at it tho. Have a look around the crowd at the matches next time you go to one of these games
Melbourne 50/60's
Carlton/Rich 70's
Hawthorn/Essendon 80's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough. Clearly I was generalising and obviously your situation is different.

Hawthorn barely had a supporter before the 80s, let alone a member. North/Bulldogs/Hawks all struggled to get traction after they entered the comp.

Have a look at it tho. Have a look around the crowd at General ages next time you go to one of these games
Melbourne 50/60's
Carlton/Rich 70's
Hawthorn/Essendon 80's

I predict Hawks membership will decline rapidly, of course only a direct result of all those pets having a short lifespan.

Didn't you duff the loophole too? But lucked out and came out on top haha
Not at all. I had no loophole options. All my non-players had played by Friday night. The only person I could have loopholed was Newman. I just picked a POD Captain and went with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back