Game Day The final Masterpiece - AFL Grand Final 2017 - Adelaide v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

There's been a distinct lack of Grand Final buzz around Atlanta, Georgia today.

KookasvNash400.jpg

Luckily, the Atlanta Kookaburras are putting a night (at a Mexican bar!?). Getting a solid warm up in before 12:30AM kick off!

Sorry to intrude. I'd like to share the following words written by a friend (a Swans supporter) on Facebook.

"One side has had no top ten draft picks for years, their assistant coach died of cancer three years ago, their coach was tragically murdered two years ago, their star ruckman's brother died during the season, the other side have been less than average for thirty seven years and they're calling that a fairytale?

If I were a Hollywood director I know which one is the better script......go Crows!!!!!!!"

I agree 100% ☺

Sorry to intrude. I'd like to share the following words written by a friend (a Swans supporter) on Facebook.

"One side has had no top ten draft picks for years, their assistant coach died of cancer three years ago, their coach was tragically murdered two years ago, their star ruckman's brother died during the season, the other side have been less than average for thirty seven years and they're calling that a fairytale?

If I were a Hollywood director I know which one is the better script......go Crows!!!!!!!"

I agree 100% ☺
And Hamish Oglivie's (recruiter) wife passed away earlier this year.

I agree 100%
Legend. Thought you must have been a sandgroper, they seem to have a fondness for the Crows. We'll take as much Vic support as we can get :)

edit: and Sydney I guess we'll take that too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Living in Newcastle I have found the AFL GF build up has been extremely Vic centric! The Media is full of loud Victorian's pumping up Richmond and ignoring Adelaide.

I'm pissed off that I have to pay for this "barracking" that I can hear for free in any pub. There is very little sensible analysis. These guys need to be reminded that there are 2 teams and 2 sets of supporters.

I find this one sided narrow mindedness typical of the Melbourne media.

I was speaking to a guy yesterday who has little knowledge of AFL. An NRL fan. He will be following Richmond purely on what he has read and seen on tv. He feels sorry for them that they haven't won since the 80s.
They are the cinderellas!

I was stunned. I said....They only have themselves to blame for their lack of success over the years. Nothing has been taken away from them or denied them from being more successful outside of their own club. We lost our coach 2 years ago among other tragedies. Our story is real. It is not a beet up!

Two footy experts that didn't even play for Richmond (Brererton and Carey) are completely dismissive of our chances today. Brererton has stated that "Richmond will win with time to spare" That the Crows are "not that good"! What the hell is that all about??!! That is just being disrespectful of our club and what we have achieved!!

Typical Victorian Bias that will all go out the window at 2.30 today! Then it's down to 2 teams with all the bullshit left at the players race. Let's see how Richmond go on the field against the best team in the AFL bar none!

I have nothing against Richmond in all of this. They were my 2nd favourite team. Not today of course but I think all the back slapping and fake news pumping up their tyres may leave them a little ahead of themselves. If so then it's all thanks to Dermie and his band of Victorian media dickheads.

Keep your wits about you folks in Melb. Attempted terror attack near Fed Sq. Another attempted vehicle attack but foiled with no injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back