Game Day 2023 Grand Final - Pies v Lions

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I completely disagree. The Sidebottom 50 was paid by an umpire with no feel for the game. Berry obviously made contact and Sidebottom was smart to easily go to ground. But I’m not paying that late in a grand final. I felt shafted for the lions myself when that was paid

Agee that was a disappointing call and key to the game. But over 4 quarters it was umpires pretty well. A lot better than 95% of games I’ve seen this year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He definitely could of run faster. He looked like he didn't want to do a hammy.

Sent from my SM-T220 using Tapatalk
I don't know why they still bother. Every year there's 1 guy that takes it serious, 2 that take it half serious and the rest are just there to watch the GF.

Fuuck that advantage call

Fuuck the VFL

Fuuck Jordan De Goey

I don’t mind everything else about the Pies, but this still leaves a bad taste in my mouth

They won the asterisk 2023 premiership. Even whately said the season was a stuff up.
I’ll never call a premiership an asterisk. I’m a Lakers supporter in the NBA, and I’ve had enough of fans putting a * on our 2020 championship

But the ‘advantage’ decision is as incredibly dubious as I’ve ever seen in a grand final. More than ANY umpiring decision in a GF I’ve seen

I’ll never call a premiership an asterisk. I’m a Lakers supporter in the NBA, and I’ve had enough of fans putting a * on our 2020 championship

But the ‘advantage’ decision is as incredibly dubious as I’ve ever seen in a grand final. More than ANY umpiring decision in a GF I’ve seen
Well if it was the crows playing I prolly would have ditched the remote at the wall lol.

The worst players always celebrate the hardest

Aaron Keating was the same … makes you look like a buffoon

I think it proves once again when people say ‘ we can’t win a grand final with him in our team ‘ …. That’s the biggest load of tripe possible

You need 6-7 star senior players like collingwood has and was proven with feats like Sidebottom , Crisp , Howe , Pendlebury last quarter etc then some dynamic young players like Hill and the last 2 or 3 don’t matter a helluva lot unless they can’t keep the defensive structure

We need 6-7 star senior players and won’t have them anytime soon … shame as Tex is one
Unfortunately I would’ve put Murray in our ‘star’ category for next year, before his ACL

Now, it’s Dawson, Walker, Rankine… maybe Hinge? Can’t think of anyone else (unless the youth brigade really make their mark)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was curious about that 'full house' sign that came up when they announced the attendance at 100,024 - I didn't believe it could possibly be exactly full. But I looked it up - that's two more than the attendance in 2018, it's the biggest-ever crowd in the current MCG configuration, and according to Wikipedia 100,024 is precisely the capacity of the ground.

View attachment 1818558

Most of those who attended the 2017 granny would be in the Wikipedia photo somewhere - lol.
I am at the other end behind the goals about 8 rows back

Collingwood rank as the 2 worst side to win a GF in the AFL era, behind the WB. Yet again the AFL trot out pure garbage umpiring and no doubt clap each other about a perceived success but really, poor umpiring gifted Collingwood a GF birth they never should have had.
Was that more about the quality of the sides this year though? Would Bris also have been the 2nd worst side ever?

Noone is talking about Cam Rayner. Hugely disappointing game from him imo and one of the reasons Brisbane found it difficult at times to create any drive. His best is great, but jeez he's hot and cold.
Yep, a decent game from him could've made all the difference.
Joe Daniher must have been wondering when Eric Hipwood was going to step up and support him as well.

It's not even the worst advantage call I can remember. Atkins in 2017 anyone? Tackled immediately as he picked up the ball, paid advantage when there was none, and also paid HTB when he had no prior.

I’ve been wondering what would be worse. The trip not being paid at all or being paid and advantage when there was none

Noone is talking about Cam Rayner. Hugely disappointing game from him imo and one of the reasons Brisbane found it difficult at times to create any drive. His best is great, but jeez he's hot and cold.

The scoreboard showed there wasn't much in it in the end but I thought too many Brisbane players either had poor games or drifted in and out of the game.

Also their structures let them down. The two goals after the siren shouldn't of been allowed to happen and neither should of the Collingwood goal straight out of the centre to put them back in front in the last.

I completely disagree. The Sidebottom 50 was paid by an umpire with no feel for the game. Berry obviously made contact and Sidebottom was smart to easily go to ground. But I’m not paying that late in a grand final. I felt shafted for the lions myself when that was paid

If you aren't paying something just because it's late in the game then you would have no business being an umpire.

This whole 'feel for the game' 'putting the whistle away' and 'finals are different' is such a weird attitude to take and seems to only exist at the level it does in Australia.

The same frees being called in Rd 1 are the same frees that should be called in the Grand Final.

Any argument to the contrary is in support of a compromised and corrupt situation. There can be no debate here and yet we allow it to fester because of Victorian power in the media because at the end of the day it is the Victorian clubs who most often benefit from this crap.

Back