Adelaide Crows
[39] Tom Doedee, [28] Nick Murray, [16] Max Michalanney
[33] Brodie Smith, [41] Jordon Butts, [20] Mitchell Hinge
[14] Jake Soligo, [12] Jordan Dawson, [38] Lachlan Sholl
[22] Izak Rankine, [1] Chayce Jones, [10] Luke Pedlar
[13] Taylor Walker, [32] Darcy Fogarty, [4] Lachlan Murphy
[43] Reilly O'Brien, [29] Rory Laird, [2] Ben Keays
IC: [8] Josh Rachele, [7] Riley Thilthorpe, [9] Rory Sloane, [30] Wayne Milera
EMG: [15] Brayden Cook, [26] Harry Schoenberg, [5] Matt Crouch, [34] Elliott Himmelberg

v

Collingwood
[3] Isaac Quaynor, [30] Darcy Moore, [4] Brayden Maynard
[32] Will Hoskin-Elliott, [28] Nathan Murphy, [25] Jack Crisp
[9] John Noble, [2] Jordan De Goey, [7] Josh Daicos
[23] Bobby Hill, [41] Brody Mihocek, [5] Jamie Elliott
[31] Beau McCreery, [40] Ash Johnson, [15] Nathan Kreuger
[17] Billy Frampton, [13] Taylor Adams, [35] Nick Daicos
IC: [6] Tom Mitchell, [22] Steele Sidebottom, [33] Jack Ginnivan, [37] Oleg Markov
EMG: [18] Finlay Macrae, [20] Will Kelly, [21] Trey Ruscoe, [36] Harvey Harrison

Pies are favourites, and deserve to be, despite having Pendelbury out and Sidebottom under a flu cloud. They're an amazing team with Daicos absolutely tearing up the competition and De Goey, Crisp, Adams, Sidebottom making up a pretty great supporting cast. But their injuries are many, and their worst players are worse than the Crows right now.

Schrödinger's Laird will either play or not play, and if not, the debate around who to replace him with settles into ~3 camps:
  1. Crouch - probably reliable for 30 possesions, but minimal hurt factor and defensively questionable. The old reliable answer. The way the Crows would normaly select, historically
  2. Schoenberg - 😬😬😬😬 A lot of folks reckon Ol' Fumbles can still improve and have a decent AFL career and should be given a chance. He was the best of a bad lot in the SANFL
  3. Neither, shuffle around centre time e.g., more Sloane & Soligo, and bring in a newbie like Cook
Personally, I fell into camp (1) by default, but then remembered myself when other posters said (1) was an absolute waste of games. They're right. I would like camp (3) as I don't rate Schoenberg.

I don't think we beat the Pies today, but we could.

P.S. Dear Footy Gods, I would like you to note the respectful and somber nature of the Game Day thread and thread title today, and if it's worth a few goals, that'd be great 👍

Last edited:

Got a bad feeling about this one... I think the Pies will win by about 4 goals. Would love it if I'm wrong though.
Keays should not be leaving his side all day.

Others have tried to tag with him hffs but that is pointless. Keays is a blue collar hard working pure mid, who can run all day with him and hit the scoreboard on the rebound.

We’re a young side on the rise. Though winning against a top 4 side to make it 5 in a row isn’t going to be easy, probability-wise. As long as it’s a good hard-fought contest, I’m happy whatever the outcome.

Schrodinger’s Crow - will we kick straight? 🤞

Keays should not be leaving his side all day.

Others have tried to tag with him hffs but that is pointless. Keays is a blue collar hard working pure mid, who can run all day with him and hit the scoreboard on the rebound.

Keays has never tagged and I question his footy IQ to be successful at it. Murphy would easily be my first choice. He has no offensive game that we'd be sacrificing and he's a trained defensive player.

Last edited:
I’m pumped for the game. My girlfriend is Collingwood and hopefully I get the bagging rights.

Without Pendles we need to hard tag Daicos.
Have been pumped for this game since the end of the Blues game, I hope we are as good as we think we might be and this game becomes a classic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are a young side. We’ve got a few under injury clouds. Collingwood are IMO the likely flag favourites. We must get a strong start (Ala Carlton game) and keep the foot to the floor. There is no room for complacency at any stage. I’ve tipped us to win…and I hope I’m right.

5 years of being crap will do that to you, this could be the game that starts to settle the nerves
I think it is just the fact that they have had the wood on us for years now. They have won the last 6 times we have played and 5 of those have been in Adelaide. The last time we won against them was in 2016. Also quite a few of those games have been in this same timeslot on a Sunday twilight. So I am just expecting another loss. But again would love it if I'm wrong!!

Wow, just checked the ladder and this game has a little more riding on it then I thought.

Crows win and they end the round equal best record in the AFL and likely top 4 (depending on Essendon). However they lose and they very likely end the round back out of the 8 (depending on Geelong).

Pies win they sit atop the ladder after 7 rounds. They lose and they drop as far down as 6th.

We’re a young side on the rise. Though winning against a top 4 side to make it 5 in a row isn’t going to be easy, probability-wise. As long as it’s a good hard-fought contest, I’m happy whatever the outcome.

Schrodinger’s Crow - will we kick straight? 🤞

Probability wise, prior events have no impact on the likelihood of the current event.

Wow, just checked the ladder and this game has a little more riding on it then I thought.

Crows win and they end the round equal best record in the AFL and likely top 4 (depending on Essendon). However they lose and they very likely end the round back out of the 8 (depending on Geelong).

Pies win they sit atop the ladder after 7 rounds. They lose and they drop as far down as 6th.
If we win big, we might end up being on top. How crazy would that be?!

We need to bring a physical, pressure, intense style game against Pies.... Cant let them run around getting uncontested ball.

IF we can turn up like we did against Carlton (even at 80-90% of that level) expect us to be right in the game.

I really hope Pies are flat after a big emotional Anzac game and 5 day break etc. About time we aren't on the end of a bit of chit fixturing.

I truly dont know

I do think there is an opportunity to beat them if we play well. But Collingwood are just so good

So I consulted the 8 ball

m9m3guxdara0.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back