Game Day Final Round Crows v Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Soligo must play midfield from round 1 next year. He’s going to be top level.
TT is scared of contact when running at a ruck contest, but his around the ground work is exceptional.
Time for Doc to actually earn his ruck coach wage.
What? He played midfield in RD1 this year, both him and Rachele played midfield for the first 2 months of the season until they got tired as they are 2nd year players who just transitioned into the midfield. A bit harsh on Thilthrope, he jumped in a few center square ruck contest against Williams who is known to have a big leap and a much bigger and mature body.

1693055610035.png

How do his stats match up against Thilthorpe
70 mins game time vs 44 mins

13 possessions vs Thilthorpe 9

9 contested possessions , 3 contested marks 2 clearances ( same as Thilthorpe )

3 score involvements vs 4 Thilthorpe

went at 38% efficiency and 4 turnovers which was his worst DE and turnover rate for season , Thilthorpe went at 67% with 1 turnover

Hit outs 19 vs 7 Thilthorpe

70 mins game time vs 44 mins

13 possessions vs Thilthorpe 9

9 contested possessions , 3 contested marks 2 clearances ( same as Thilthorpe )

3 score involvements vs 4 Thilthorpe

went at 38% efficiency and 4 turnovers which was his worst DE and turnover rate for season , Thilthorpe went at 67% with 1 turnover

Hit outs 19 vs 7 Thilthorpe
This is why I hate stats being thrown up, I also don’t recall RT taking a mark or laying any tackles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TT cops a bit on hear but across all key stats he has a good - almost great - year with a definite drop off over the last 6 weeks (fatigue/confidence)

For perspective

Ranked 32 for offensive contests by average per game (3 highest for Crows) and 43 across the competition for offensive contests won (2nd highest for Crows). So wins 30% of contests he is in - compared to Fog at 27% and McAdam/Pedlar at 10% (Walker is at 31)
And as we know equal 11th for contested marks.
In terms of his goal kicking - finished the season low on confidence and missed his final 6 set shots kicking 1-6 over the final 6 rounds
Prior to that had kicked 17-3!

Needs to build on his aggression, we need to grow his role beyond that of a 3/4th tall forward who provides an option down the line. He can do a hell of a lot more

But what he is doing is very good at this stage of his development

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is why I hate stats being thrown up, I also don’t recall RT taking a mark or laying any tackles
Yep usually his marks are his strength around the ground but you are correct , no marks

The reason ROB played poorly was his error rate which overall has improved this year but he was horrible when in possession last night , most other parts to his game were consistent with his week to week games

Thilthorpe came on and offered something different around the ground helping some link up play and some good exits from stoppage

TT cops a bit on hear but across all key stats he has a good - almost great - year with a definite drop off over the last 6 weeks (fatigue/confidence)

For perspective

Ranked 32 for offensive contests by average per game (3 highest for Crows) and 43 across the competition for offensive contests won (2nd highest for Crows). So wins 30% of contests he is in - compared to Fog at 27% and McAdam/Pedlar at 10% (Walker is at 31)
And as we know equal 11th for contested marks.
In terms of his goal kicking - finished the season low on confidence and missed his final 6 set shots kicking 1-6 over the final 6 rounds
Prior to that had kicked 17-3!

Needs to build on his aggression, we need to grow his role beyond that of a 3/4th tall forward who provides an option down the line. He can do a hell of a lot more

But what he is doing is very good at this stage of his development

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The first showdown is pretty much his ceiling , he needs to have more games that are closer to that than his worst games

Overall he’s tracking well if he can take another step next year , shouldn’t be pigeon holed as a ruck or forward and should be used in both roles going forward IMO

Like him forward on a dry deck with fast ball movement but sometimes need to get him into the game in ruck

Good Ol' mate Kano on the round so far not giving Tex any credit.

It was just poor defending by West Coast - and Jeremy McGovern wasn't 'himself'.

He will do all he can to make sure Tex doesn't get AA I think.

Good Ol' mate Kano on the round so far not giving Tex any credit.

It was just poor defending by West Coast - and Jeremy McGovern wasn't 'himself'.

He will do all he can to make sure Tex doesn't get AA I think.
Everyone else on the panel would vote for Tex, Buckley would fight hard for Tex and so would Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Back