Scandal Sam Newman caught in UFC like fight with teenage skateboarders in Docklands

Remove this Banner Ad

Let’s be honest Sam clipped that kid across the head in a paternal, loving way not in a criminal vindictive,obsessive twisted way.

Yeah that kid represents the future of the country, of course dickhead kids never existed in previous generations, pfffffft.
Lemme guess, you're the father/brother/relative of dickhead kid in question.

There were less dickhead kids back in previous generations, kids of those days had more respect for authority.

There were less dickhead kids back in previous generations, kids of those days had more respect for authority.
Lol, the generation you are referring to have destroyed just about every market imaginable and voted in record numbers for Brexit, Donald Trump, Tony Abbott as well as played a major role in completely destroying the environment. Not sure they're the model generation either. There are dickheads of all ages, the ones these days are just at more risk of being recorded/caught.

Crime of the century for sure, my kids used to get kicked out of car parks for skating all the time, both of them have multiple degrees now and are solid citizens, just sayin.

Back in the 80s, I was a fervent street skater. I managed to get a degree, well paying job, etc. Group of skaters I hung out with now include a Professor of Biology, a couple of environmental scientists, a senior administrator at a top Australian university, an ex-AFL player who is one of the top football administrators in the state...

Yep, we were little shits as well. I still listen to a lot of the music I did from back then, I still skate sometimes (although wear and tear from footy hasn't helped) but I turned out OK.

As for the skaters of today, well they can be pretty stupid TBH. Back in the day (God, that makes me feel old), the city used to basically shut down at 1.00pm on a Saturday and was essentially closed on a Sunday, so it was great to skate because there were was no-one else around. I do find it silly when skaters try to land tricks in built up areas (eg outside the State Library of Victoria). We figured out pretty early on that industrial areas were awesome to skate on weekends - no people around, plenty of concrete and some awesome banks and the like. We kept it pretty secret. We also once busted a secret liaison in progress where we spotted a couple in a car who when they spotted us, quickly re-clothed themselves and sped off which was pretty funny.

As for the fight, I was expecting, you know an actual fight. The skaters were stupid for not moving on when asked. Can't believe this made the news here in Melbourne.

Wish the Sudanese gangs would take up skating and ride through inner city Melbourne especially through Greens and ALP areas.
I support Sudanese skaters

How many 10 year old kids do you know running around in chain gangs like my Pop did in the 30s?

Nothing is funnier to me than old people saying the long version of words "skateboarding" as oppose to "skating". Not sure why but it tickles my fancy.

I would have thought skateboarding was done on a skateboard while skating was done on a pair of 4 wheeled roller skates, at least that was the case when I was young in the 70s and the first wave a skateboarding was taking hold across the country and the first skate parks were popping up.

This is what it was like. New housing estates were the best, they had beautifully smooth roads and shopping centre carparks on Saturday afternoons and Sundays before 7 day shopping came on the scene.

I have to laugh at the idiots in this thread agreeing with Sam's actions.

Would love to see the video he claims he has. LOL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam makes a decent point re: the no skateboarding sign but I clearly remember him cracking the shits with an anti-speeding campaign asking for people to drive below or at the speed limit. It was an ad when a woman walked out in front of a car and got collected: it noted the driver doing 65kmp in a 60 speed limit would hit the woman. If the driver had driven at 60kmh she wouldn't have been hit.

I know that probably amounts to a case of whatifism but it seems hypocritical to me that he gets shitty because one sign isn't obeyed and then actively gets shitty because an ad asks him to obey another.

Sam makes a decent point re: the no skateboarding sign but I clearly remember him cracking the shits with an anti-speeding campaign asking for people to drive below or at the speed limit. It was an ad when a woman walked out in front of a car and got collected: it noted the driver doing 65kmp in a 60 speed limit would hit the woman. If the driver had driven at 60kmh she wouldn't have been hit.

I know that probably amounts to a case of whatifism but it seems hypocritical to me that he gets shitty because one sign isn't obeyed and then actively gets shitty because an ad asks him to obey another.

Last edited:

Apparently we were amidst a youth crime epidemic in the 80’s.

And in any case, having a look at the Royal Commissions and court appearances, it seems the kids didn’t get much respect in return.

I remember what you were talking about but that was actually a joke skit. The point was to show if the car was going over the speed limit they would miss the lady entirely since they would arrive well before she stepped out on the curb. All a setup for a satirical video someone sent in.

Lol, the generation you are referring to have destroyed just about every market imaginable and voted in record numbers for Brexit, Donald Trump, Tony Abbott as well as played a major role in completely destroying the environment. Not sure they're the model generation either. There are dickheads of all ages, the ones these days are just at more risk of being recorded/caught.
Great, thanks for shoehorning Trump into the thread. I was getting concerned there for a second with the lack of mention of him in completely irrelevant contexts.

Crime of the century for sure, my kids used to get kicked out of car parks for skating all the time, both of them have multiple degrees now and are solid citizens, just sayin.

If they studied logical fallacies then it's a shame they didn't pass some knowledge on to you. I heard of someone with multiple degrees serving life in prison, just saying.

(The implication being that all double degrees are felonious psychopaths - see fallacy reference above)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back