Coach NMFC Senior Coach Rhyce Shaw - Ben Buckley announces NMFC & Shaw will part ways immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

I think going out and getting players like Polec and paying them handsomely and THEN saying 'rebuild' had to go against him.
Of course. I mean that is literally what happened.
If he had declared 'rebuild' earlier and then exclusively played the young guys to fast-track their development he may still be at the club.
Nah, I still think he would've left. Would Brad go through all that development and pain again? No.

Also, Brad didn't really avoid playing young players, he just chose when to do so in terms of maintaining good enough performances to keep his job and ensure the form didn't drop low enough like what happened this year.

Most of, if not, all of Brad's tenure was a mess. In terms of direction, it was all short-term success hindering our ability to stay up there for prolonged periods of time. We put a pause on addressing the young talent we desperately needed to sort out.

And guess what? We didn't do it until Shaw came over. If Brad did his job properly, Shaw would still be coach.

I never get the Scott brothers right, they look the same to me. ;)

Aah, so the assertion I made was right, the circumstances around why he made that call may not be as widely know though.
Specifically Scott had started a rebuild at the end of 2016, according to some squibbed it, and topped up chasing finals then went to the board saying we needed a full rebuild less than three years later. I think squibbing the rebuild is very simplistic interpretation but there is some truth in it too.

We've essentially been rebuilding for four seasons and halfway thru 2019, the third one, Scott said we needed another rebuild. It's understandable people lost patience with him.

For sure.

I think going out and getting players like Polec and paying them handsomely and THEN saying 'rebuild' had to go against him.

If he had declared 'rebuild' earlier and then exclusively played the young guys to fast-track their development he may still be at the club.

It wasn't as simple as that. Polec could play for five years on the outside. Given the young mids we have that is not actually a bad idea in theory. Theory would hold up bettering ifScott had faith in younger players. While we had development successes under Scott Shaw definitely showed up his limitations.

To be fair we didn't shiv Shaw to take whoever we get.

Our FD are pretty clear about the rebuild direction.

I cannot honestly see us appointing anyone who is going to be all 'I can't see us losing a game ' as Malthouse was in his second seasons with your lot.

Whoever we do take on will need to be clear that we are, building not contending and that contending is some time away.
Interesting to read King's comments about Malthouse being a good fit for the Roos. Baffling.

Interesting to read King's comments about Malthouse being a good fit for the Roos. Baffling.

I think hes been out of the game too long now but he wasnt a good fit for your club. I reckon he would have done better at a club that doesnt have as many egos. He spent a lot of time clashing and convincing people of what he wanted to do.

I think hes been out of the game too long now but he wasnt a good fit for your club. I reckon he would have done better at a club that doesnt have as many egos. He spent a lot of time clashing and convincing people of what he wanted to do.
He showed early signs on dementia at my club, don't think egos played much of a role in that.

The medical reason is somewhat irrelevant, its just a really sh*t situation for him and the club as well. No-one wants to see anyone get struck down like he has.

And for the record, I'm undergoing radiation treatment for prostate cancer right now so ease up on the name calling.
Dont come round here, slag off and then hide behind Cancer. Good luck in your treatment and kindly piss off from this thread. I have many inappropriate things to say to you and you club, but out of respect, I will hold off. Now gtfoh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, Brad didn't really avoid playing young players, he just chose when to do so in terms of maintaining good enough performances to keep his job and ensure the form didn't drop low enough like what happened this year.

Same thing in the end though. Scott and his era's match committee were allergic to risk and massively over reliant on structure and experience. Very few young players were given real jobs in his team after his first couple of years. Way too conservative with selection.

Cheers fellow fans
Having just paid my membership happy to exercise my democratic right and say

ok that didn’t work, let’s move on
Wouldn’t mind a left field like a soccer coach or a woman...

if not that then a HardLiner eg Chocco Williams from the School of Cruelty, didn’t do me any harm
Go Storm

Because as chairman he needs to shoulder some responsibility to ensure that his coach and his players get through the tough year and make sure their general well-being is first at heart.
It was a total fail. There was a time this year when it was going through the motions and the club was hurting.

Again 17 other clubs will come home with their coach in tact and ours is seeking ongoing support and medical advice.
The buck stops with the clubs leaders. This isnt good enough and a massive concern going forward for a team that is predicted to struggle.

I have never as a North person experienced so much change and carnage in the space of a matter of weeks.
13 on the way out plus the coach and 6-7 staff as well.
This is unprecedented - covid or not.
It could also be the nadir we had to have.

The club has been steadily growing and strengthening its position.

However, mid table mediocrity has damned us to a -erpetual rebuild, topping up, rebuild; all without getting the talent we need.

The club has decided to hit reset, will be an interesting couple of years.

Dont come round here, slag off and then hide behind Cancer. Good luck in your treatment and kindly piss off from this thread. I have many inappropriate things to say to you and you club, but out of respect, I will hold off. Now gtfoh

I'm not hiding behind anything and you are more than welcome to say whatever you like. I'm big enough (and certainly ugly enough) to wear whatever comes my way.

And if you thought that my comments were a "slag off", clearly it says more about you than me.

I'm not hiding behind anything and you are more than welcome to say whatever you like. I'm big enough (and certainly ugly enough) to wear whatever comes my way.

And if you thought that my comments were a "slag off", clearly it says more about you than me.

Mate, you're sticking to your guns but can you at least see how your initial post seems like a 100% sterotypical concern troll? It was a shit post.

This is not good news at all, bad for your club and really and for Shaw too.

After all that has happened with your playing list since the end of the season, to have the senior coach pull the pin due to medical reasons is bordering on a disaster.

No well wishes for Shaw, just 'not good news', 'bad for your club and Shaw', 'bordering on a disaster'.

Mate, you're sticking to your guns but can you at least see how your initial post seems like a 100% sterotypical concern troll? It was a sh*t post.

No well wishes for Shaw, just 'not good news', 'bad for your club and Shaw', 'bordering on a disaster'.

It certainly was not intended to be a stereotypical troll post, apologies if it came across that way.

Nobody can take the following victories away from Scamper:-

R10 2019
North 15.9
Richmond 9.8

R15 2019
North 11.15
Collingwood 5.7

R22 2019
North 22.12
Port Adelaide 8.10

R2 2020
North 12.8
GWS 8.12

Short - with plenty of sweet. He’s set up some young players for the future.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

R10 2019
North 15.9
Richmond 9.8

R15 2019
North 11.15
Collingwood 5.7

R22 2019
North 22.12
Port Adelaide 8.10

R2 2020
North 12.8
GWS 8.12

We played some of the best footy I've seen us play since the 90s last year.

R10 2019
North 15.9
Richmond 9.8

R15 2019
North 11.15
Collingwood 5.7

R22 2019
North 22.12
Port Adelaide 8.10

R2 2020
North 12.8
GWS 8.12

The amount of shots 😯

Just the sheer volume.

We played some of the best footy I've seen us play since the 90s last year.
Out of the top three teams last year, we made two of them short step. I haven’t seen that for a long time and If we played GWS in the finals would’ve scared the hell out them too..

Was great to watch, shame Covid happened, as I’ve got a feeling after the gws game this year, we would’ve rode momentum.

I really want Shaw around the club. I’ll spew if he ends up as an assistant at the tigers..

Out of the top three teams last year, we made two of them short step. I haven’t seen that for a long time and If we played GWS in the finals would’ve scared the hell out them too..

Was great to watch, shame Covid happened, as I’ve got a feeling after the gws game this year, we would’ve rode momentum.

Unfortunately our momentum lasted a week until we played our old nemesis. Then it just went down hill from there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back