List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I suspect that we are 80% sure that if everything lines up we will be a genuine shot in 2022.

By what we are doing I'd reckon we are freeing up future cap space, and basically thinking that some of our kids are just about ready to step into top line minutes. If we get Ross and RCD actually playing decent minutes and doing well then think of how that frees Cotch and Meatball up. So add a bit to that and we're close to being there.

improve our ball movement and defence with the stupid SHocking rules and we're going to do well.

If we have a good injury year.

It's bit of a risk, but if what I've said is right then at best we have a shot at title 14. At worst we accelerate the development of our future list.

All you can ask of your footy club is to make sure that you are in a position to challenge.

Are we one of the favorites next year - No!
If things go away can we challenge and win it - Yes!

I gotta say that's enough for me after 3 in 4. You just don't want us to drop off the perch like Lions & Hawks have done. I don't want to go back to the 80, 90 & 00 when we where in a perpetual state of bottoming out and rebuilding.

We can s**t on Geelong all we like (and lets be honest they make it so easy to), they never go away. They are always there abouts.

I think the current age demographic of our squad, the young players coming through, the chance to have a bit more salary cap flexibility in the coming years and I almost forgot - the best player of the 21st century, we all should be very bullish about our short to medium term future.

All you can ask of your footy club is to make sure that you are in a position to challenge.

Are we one of the favorites next year - No!
If things go away can we challenge and win it - Yes!

I gotta say that's enough for me after 3 in 4. You just don't want us to drop off the perch like Lions & Hawks have done. I don't want to go back to the 80, 90 & 00 when we where in a perpetual state of bottoming out and rebuilding.

We can sh*t on Geelong all we like (and lets be honest they make it so easy to), they never go away. They are always there abouts.

I think the current age demographic of our squad, the young players coming through, the chance to have a bit more salary cap flexibility in the coming years and I almost forgot - the best player of the 21st century, we all should be very bullish about our short to medium term future.

Hear Hear!!!

But what about the Tom Mitchell trade? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If these things were still held face to face we would've already seen the obligatory Blair Hartley and Neil Balme have left the building tweet.
They haven't even logged in to Zoom

Smells of Kennetts handy work...everything he touches...
I remember those Ads when he 1st ran for Premier 'Bull in a china shop' has proved a fair indication of how he rolls. FWIW I used to work in a textiles factory in Seymour that he owned, the less said about that the better.

The Giants offered pick 13 in exchange for Breust and pick 24. This was “generally agreed upon” by the two clubs before Breust knocked back the move.

Door still open for a last minute lowball offer for Mitchell.....

The Giants offered pick 13 in exchange for Breust and pick 24. This was “generally agreed upon” by the two clubs before Breust knocked back the move.

Door still open for a last minute lowball offer for Mitchell.....

if we get Mitchell I’ll melt hard

they’re haggling over pick 19/22. Geelong being campaigners about it by the sounds of it.

Can’t see a deal not getting done

Why are geelong being campaigners ???
They have every right to demand pick #19 and i would be hoping our club would do exactly the same
He is a contracted player that was a 1st round pick that has been offered a 4 year deal from fremantle to break his contract to leave
No family reason no compassionate reason so why should geelong do freo any favours

Fremantle sucked both the Saints & Suns into overs and would not budge on Hill & Weller
Pick #19 is bloody fair imo

Smells of Kennetts handy work...everything he touches...
It's just in Kennetts DNA ...he sold off every public asset he could when he was the premier...he's just carrying that on with the Hawks playing list ...on the plus side he might build them a really really big shed out at Waverley

Why are geelong being campaigners ???
They have every right to demand pick #19 and i would be hoping our club would do exactly the same
He is a contracted player that was a 1st round pick that has been offered a 4 year deal from fremantle to break his contract to leave
No family reason no compassionate reason so why should geelong do freo any favours

Fremantle sucked both the Saints & Suns into overs and would not budge on Hill & Weller
Pick #19 is bloody fair imo

its 3 picks. They don’t play him. If he was a consistent first team player I’d understand. But he’s not getting an opportunity at all.

they can ask but if they don’t do the trade at 22 then they are short shifting this bloke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back