List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

After our massive success, I wonder if some players aren't able to go through a rebuild? Like mentally they can't go back down. Our trade policy maybe should be based on letting anyone leave who won't give 100% to a young team fighting for wins as that's what we will be. Hope it's a good draft this year!

After our massive success, I wonder if some players aren't able to go through a rebuild? Like mentally they can't go back down. Our trade policy maybe should be based on letting anyone leave who won't give 100% to a young team fighting for wins as that's what we will be. Hope it's a good draft this year!

The only player I think you can ask this question about is (unfortunately) Shorty.

Watching the way Dan Rioli continues to try and generate run off HB, or the way Vlastuin is defending with all his heart out, I don't think you can question them at all.

Some notable exceptions are probably Dusty, Prestia and Grimes, where it's clear that their bodies just isn't where it was even 2 years ago, and Broad, who I think is in a very awkward position in terms of role in the team.

Make Sam Darcy sign an NDA then offer him 10 years @ $1 5mil. If he knocks back approach Jordan Croft, point out that JUH, Naughton and Darcy have 10 -12 years left in them and offer him 4 years @ $300k + incentives. HTF are our KPF stocks non existent and they've got them coming out their ears, Lobb also. F@ck Matt Clarke!!! Might as well bring Trezise in and play Tom Brown up forward for next month or so, this low scoring 💩 is unwatchable.

Money spent on hopper and Taranto, should’ve gone towards jacks replacement

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ridiculous take. Our midfield is the worst in the comp right with those 2 out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And how many teams have we seen been, at the very least, competitive with a half-cooked fwd line compared to a half-cooked on-ball brigade?
Yep midfield is more important, look at teams like Sydney, Port and Melbourne and their forward line isn't anything special but they get carried by strong midfields. Plus a strong midfield can make average forwards look better. Players like Will Hayward and Logan McDonald for example would look rubbish in our team

Make Sam Darcy sign an NDA then offer him 10 years @ $1 5mil. If he knocks back approach Jordan Croft, point out that JUH, Naughton and Darcy have 10 -12 years left in them and offer him 4 years @ $300k + incentives. HTF are our KPF stocks non existent and they've got them coming out their ears, Lobb also. F@ck Matt Clarke!!! Might as well bring Trezise in and play Tom Brown up forward for next month or so, this low scoring 💩 is unwatchable.
Because two were father sons and one was academy? All 1st rounders. They've been kissed on the dick.

And how many teams have we seen been, at the very least, competitive with a half-cooked fwd line compared to a half-cooked on-ball brigade?
Half cooked versus stone cold? We have nothing, just an injury prone Lynch who will have hardly played a game in two years and who turns 33 next year. Neither Taranto or Hopper are nearly good enough to make our forward line competitive without Lynch, especially since one is chronically injury prone. Thought it at the time, still think it now, it should have been Taranto and a promising young key forward, either via trade or the draft. If our quality midfield stocks are poor, words cannot describe what our key forward situation is.

I would love to pick up someone like Joel Jeffrey from Gold Coast. I’m also a Lukosios fan. Draft in the next Cotch and Dusty and chip away through trades a few marking forwards. I reckon a pick in the teens would secure Lukosios

Money spent on hopper and Taranto, should’ve gone towards jacks replacement

Have you seen our midfield since Taranto and Hopper have been out?

What rebuilt all the rebuilt players from the past have gone with the exception of Grimes. All these guys came on after the rebuild. They wouldn't know what a rebuild was.

For those bemoaning the TT and Hopper trades, given we’d have desperately needed to draft 2 x mids, can people please peruse the draft boards and let us know who the Tigers could’ve secured with the TT and Hopper traded picks? I’d be interested to see how the likely selections are tracking and how soon they’d help us on field?

Please keep in mind the 2 x mids you pick out, means we wouldn’t have drafted McCauliffe as we’d have been stacked with young mids.

Go at it peeps.

If Dusty walks and Baker leaves also we should genuinely consider moving on Lynch & Prestia if there are clubs interested
If the GC interest in DRioli is genuine then we just have to get their 2 top 10 picks.

If the above eventuates then we are in a position to take a salary dump player like the Bowes/Geelong type deal
5-6 picks inside 20 combined with the 5 inside 30 of 2 years ago

Now that is a full blown rebuild

If Dusty walks and Baker leaves also we should genuinely consider moving on Lynch & Prestia if there are clubs interested
If the GC interest in DRioli is genuine then we just have to get their 2 top 10 picks.

If the above eventuates then we are in a position to take a salary dump player like the Bowes/Geelong type deal
5-6 picks inside 20 combined with the 5 inside 30 of 2 years ago

Now that is a full blown rebuild

Rioli is good but you're not getting two top ten picks for him.

Rioli is good but you're not getting two top ten picks for him.
Just remember we are dealing with Gold Coast here and No Finals and Dimma as coch they are under pressure to perform

Damien Hardwick said he already had 80% of the next premiership list and then proceeded to take 4 x top 10 kids in last years draft then you add in another top 10 kid this year in Lombard and just about all spots are covered EXCEPT the player he does not have on the list and thats that fast Running half back that hurts you and Dan Rioli is that perfect fit that he would want.

Picks mean nothing to Gold Coast and they throw them away like confetti and they will use up atleast 1 on Lombard this year

Dan Rioli + Rubbish 40's picks for points and they would jump at that

Its no coincidence Dan Rioli was in the Gold Coast and met up with Dimma
they have massive interest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back