No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheedy's comments about Clarkson taking North to Tasmania were clearly a signal to Clarkson. "Stay away". Can we imagine Kevin Sheedy accepting a Hawthorn 4 time premiership coach (or any Hawthorn coach) at Essendon? The melts he would have been having all week. Here's a clip of the 2009 Matthew Lloyd "incident". Unfortunately, it does not include Clarkson's reaction at the end of the game but I reckon it was probably top of Sheedy's mind.

Watched the new pres's press conference and i think the bombres are in a bit of strife.
Unfortunately same thing was said about Carlton this time last year. It’s better when these crap clubs think they are on the right path and don’t blow up and make the necessary change.

Hopefully they do get Hird back and make little change.

Sheedy's comments about Clarkson taking North to Tasmania were clearly a signal to Clarkson. "Stay away". Can we imagine Kevin Sheedy accepting a Hawthorn 4 time premiership coach (or any Hawthorn coach) at Essendon? The melts he would have been having all week. Here's a clip of the 2009 Matthew Lloyd "incident". Unfortunately, it does not include Clarkson's reaction at the end of the game but I reckon it was probably top of Sheedy's mind.

I went to a fathers day breakfast in 2016 and Sheedy was the guest speaker - it was very entertaining and he was selling a few books at the end - so I bought one and he signed it - the Tom Wills story (very good book if you haven't read, do so - really good) - I thanked him and asked him a couple of questions which he really gave me the short thrift on and never made eye contact the whole time - I thought it was very odd - until I realised I was wearing my Hawthorn threepeat hoodie ! :D :thumbsu:

Unfortunately same thing was said about Carlton this time last year. It’s better when these crap clubs think they are on the right path and don’t blow up and make the necessary change.

Hopefully they do get Hird back and make little change.
Undermining the coach like they have, claiming that he knows it wasn't the right thing to ignore Rutten while he met with Clarkson, and now saying that he's still coaching this week but they haven't made a decision on his future..... they're just opening themselves up for more questions, more derision and more critiquing of their decision making.

He says he's an agent for change, but reading between the lines, Dodo and Campbell are safe...so it's just Rutten they want to change, and he doesn't seem like even half of the problem at that club.

I went to a fathers day breakfast in 2016 and Sheedy was the guest speaker - it was very entertaining and he was selling a few books at the end - so I bought one and he signed it - the Tom Wills story (very good book if you haven't read, do so - really good) - I thanked him and asked him a couple of questions which he really gave me the short thrift on and never made eye contact the whole time - I thought it was very odd - until I realised I was wearing my Hawthorn threepeat hoodie ! :D :thumbsu:

On brand. And as much as he hates Hawthorn I don't reckon I've ever hated someone as much as I hated that bloke in the 1980s. His comments about Hawthorn players sniffing drugs at quarter time breaks was as low as a coach has gone (maybe until Hird). The rivalry was toxic but the best bit was that Essendon and Sheedy thought they would dominate the AFL for the entire decade and look what happened. He's probably still mumbling to himself about it.

Attachments

• A6A2C91D-0183-4F6C-9777-0D2008755DB3.jpeg
    A6A2C91D-0183-4F6C-9777-0D2008755DB3.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 83

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think if someone coached 4 premierships at a club that would be their “home” rather than somewhere that you played 90 odd pretty average games but anyway let the Norf fans keep carrying on with the “he’s home” shite- they never get to win anything anymore

Last edited:
On brand. And as much as he hates Hawthorn I don't reckon I've ever hated someone as much as I hated that bloke in the 1980s. His comments about Hawthorn players sniffing drugs at quarter time breaks was as low as a coach has gone (maybe until Hird). The rivalry was toxic but the best bit was that Essendon and Sheedy thought they would dominate the AFL for the entire decade and look what happened. He's probably still mumbling to himself about it.
I was working the Hilton car park back in 1990 whilst at Uni.
He parked there GF day in a beat up Subaru, his tears after the game cheered me up tremendously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back