Autopsy Rolled over to Freo after leading by 41 at qtr time, what's wrong @ the kennel?

Remove this Banner Ad

i was never particularly pleased last night, we were good in quarter one, not great, on the back of the captain (the only times weve been good this year), but Freo were terrible and blew 2 or 3 easy chances. i never felt comfortable and always had that nagging feeling that i didnt want this team to sneak through and play another final. if you isolate the last 3/4s then its a dreadful performance.

Absolutely no doubt the worst thing we can do is to go in with the same strategy/ structure. It’s proven it can’t stand up all season or in big finals.

Unfortunately it’s going to take more than one off season to fix it.

Are we seriously thinking giving 1. Beveridge and 2. multiple seasons to fix it?

Bevo has had such control over the club since ‘16 that this is not only his team but his list. You recruit the man and player- he didn’t recruit leaders.

Aside from that his list management has been shocking. It’s time to trade English on and a list turnover. There is a youngish midfielder playing for the Pies, speedy and silky, I think he could give us some run. We could try and recruit him- Patrick Lipinkski…..

While Lipinski’s kicking is top shelf, he is slow and his defensive efforts are questionable.

In the game yesterday he took off expecting a handball receive before his team mate took possession against two cats players. It is the sort of thing he does regularly.

I wonder if Bont sits around dreaming about what his career would be like if his prime wasn't wasted by having him have to guess where the opposition ruck is hitting every ball because the club refuses to provide him with a guy who can get it to his advantage.

Spot on. The only thing that might spark the football department into action is if he walks in to Grant says 'sort it out, or I'm off'. It's at that point where the whole joint needs a rocket.

Farewelling Dunkley?! Or just running some of his presser banalities past the players first?

I am largely a passive reader on here, don't post much anymore, but I think Beveridge has hit his use-by date.

IF he is still coach in round 1, 2023, and the usual Beveridge team runs out with the same group of assistants, I'll happily find something else to do with my weekends. And my money.

I know this is neither here nor there but I’m really over Bevo as a person.

I used to love his pressers and listen to every word. I don’t know whether he’s changed or I have, but I find him completely dull and uninspiring these days. Even when he makes a great point, he ends up undoing himself by droning on or going off on a tangent that leads to nothing. The amount of times he looks up to the corner of the room and pulls a half-remembered story out of his arse only for it to go absolutely nowhere.

I have to deal with it 7 minutes a week and I’ve had enough…what do the players do?

Yeah I’m sure senior coaches love being argued with and overruled by a committee. Might as well just have a committee. And we all know what happens then.
What in the dictatorship?

lmao this is an all time bad take

If a senior coach can’t take criticism/advice from a bunch of capable assistants then no he should not be senior coach.

They haven’t paid that 50 for months but of course they do last night. So disappointing that loss, Freo full of campaigners except Mundy.

I used to love his pressers and listen to every word. I don’t know whether he’s changed or I have, but I find him completely dull and uninspiring these days. Even when he makes a great point, he ends up undoing himself by droning on or going off on a tangent that leads to nothing. The amount of times he looks up to the corner of the room and pulls a half-remembered story out of his arse only for it to go absolutely nowhere.

I have to deal with it 7 minutes a week and I’ve had enough…what do the players do?

Completely with you. I used to watch every single presser up until this year. This season I didn't watch a single one after the embarrassing Tom Morris blow up. I just have no interest in anything the bloke has to say anymore. I was a massive Bevo fan boy up until this year, but he has completely lost me. For some reason or another he doesn't seem to have his wit or spark anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was 44-3 for a reason it was working fine then the players stopped executing hence they’re the ones who deserve more of the blame how can they do it for a quarter and a half then not time after time?
This is really naive. Longmuir made adjustments, it wasn't our players magically stopping everything they were doing. And in other games this year where opposition coaches adopt an alternative plan, it has highlighted that Beveridge doesn't have one. The only notable variation was the game we kicked low and hard I to F50 to counter the Demons. What was our plan B last night? There was no capable ruck backup, so Cordy goes in and Freo start waltzing out of the centre. What did our mastermind do? He tried Darcy at CB. In a final.

He drove our premiership building list manager out to Sydney by insisting we draft Billy Gowers when Dalrymple didn’t want to.

If the executive don’t pull their fingers out of their arses, cease hero worshiping and wrest back control we may relive 1982…..
I have no faith in the coach to turn this around. His behaviours are engrained and part of his DNA. The executive of this club is not fit for purpose. Hey need to stand up now and do something or step aside.

Craig McCrae would have this team sitting in a preliminary m right now.

A Melbourne supporter laugh reacts to
this. Jesus I hope they get friggen pumped either next week or preferably the week
after. The greatest bunch of frauds. They were gifted a flag on the back of our incompetence. Geelong will belt the shizen out of them.

He is so genuinely uninspiring, he sounds like a broken man. There is literally nothing of substance that comes out of his mouth these days.

The whinging is at the point where it’s just mind numbing & depressing. Coming into the final series what did he have to say? It’s hard to make finals with the inequalities in the draw, then had a sook that Libba news got out. You mean the media reported a day before the teams came out that an AFL player is injured & wont play? Shock horror, the worlds against ya mate.

There’s no doubt this just total ******* loser attitude & sulking goes on behind closed doors too and it seems it’s filtered through to the playing group and we’re genuinely weak as piss on field and drop our heads at the earliest stage, we have zero ability to arrest momentum or a run on against us.

He’s just an extremely unlikeable dude these days, reminds me of listening to ya wife’s grandpa at Christmas, genuinely no idea what the heck he is rambling on about most of the time but god you can’t wait for it to stop

Farewelling Dunkley?! Or just running some of his presser banalities past the players first?

I am largely a passive reader on here, don't post much anymore, but I think Beveridge has hit his use-by date.

IF he is still coach in round 1, 2023, and the usual Beveridge team runs out with the same group of assistants, I'll happily find something else to do with my weekends. And my money.

I'm with you. I've got no interest in following this club right now. I'll wait it out and buy back in if we get a new coach or, at the very least, make some big assist coach changes. I'm not going to waste my time and money on a team with Matt Spangher as a line coach.

We haven’t adapted our game once in 6 years, not once. There is zero chance that we roll out something different round 1 next year.

Likely we roll out the same crap, with an easier draw probably finish around 6th-7th based purely on the top end talent in the side winning us games against s**t clubs. Probably win a final but never really threaten and Bevo extends his stint once more

if I’m being honest I am glad it’s finally over. It has been a long and arduous season with little to get excited about.

I feel we need some better physical conditioning staff and obviously some experienced outside coaches input.

you can see that the trend in footy is speed by foot and hand and leg speed for pressure.

Many of our players refuse to move the ball quickly and we lack leg speed. Until we change our mindset to be more attacking with ball in hand and change personal so that we can chase harder in defence we are destined to fail.

A long break in the off-season hopefully will refresh a few minds and bodies.

Highlights obviously Darcy, JUH and West.

Hoping to see Jones a bit next season and if we get Lobb then Astro to move back.

Also please someone buy Bailey Smith some boots that kick straight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back