List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Party Dancing GIF by Florida Georgia Line

I have my trusted sources and The Herald Sun is not one of them. It says he has recomitted until 2023 which is a bit vague.
When ever they say a year, it is to the end of the year.

Contracts finish October-ish.

When ever they say a year, it is to the end of the year.

Contracts finish October-ish.

The vague bit I found was 'recomitted', like he was 'planning' to sign a contract. I can't find any other reference to a contract extension which is odd, is all. I'd like to think it is obvious that we would want him to extend. Solid depth with good prospect of becoming more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have my trusted sources and The Herald Sun is not one of them. It says he has recomitted until 2023 which is a bit vague.

I mean, you just cited FootyWire…

Agree though, it’s all a bit odd. It seems he did extend in 2021 because he’s still on the list now.

The 2023 could easily be a Hun typo. I remember when I heard it, I was a little surprised that he got two more years at that stage, but I may have read it in Hun so … and that’s the source of the news in the Josh Morris thread.

Just strange that it doesn’t seem to have been officially announced by the club either way.

I mean, you just cited FootyWire…

Agree though, it’s all a bit odd. It seems he did extend in 2021 because he’s still on the list now.

The 2023 could easily be a Hun typo. I remember when I heard it, I was a little surprised that he got two more years at that stage, but I may have read it in Hun so … and that’s the source of the news in the Josh Morris thread.

Just strange that it doesn’t seem to have been officially announced by the club either way.

Fair call, I could have used multiple other sites. Basically The Hun vs the rest of the web at this stage. If he's already got an extension I'm going to be stoked for him and a bit cut that The Hun was the only one to get it right.

Doubt it. I don't think Bruest would make that much of a difference to the Swans.
Nup - there’s nothing he has which they don’t already get from Papley (with Gulden/Campbell as back up). That’s why they’re playing in a PF next week.

Bruest is more valuable to us than any other side he might have moved to at his age.

Nup - there’s nothing he has which they don’t already get from Papley (with Gulden/Campbell as back up). That’s why they’re playing in a PF next week.

Bruest is more valuable to us than any other side he might have moved to at his age.

I respectfully disagree. Multiple teams could do with an all Australian level forward over the next few years. I hope you are not implying that nobody wanted him because that deminishes one aspect of his decision - the desire to stay at Hawthorn, which I know personally is a big part of his decision.

I respectfully disagree. Multiple teams could do with an all Australian level forward over the next few years. I hope you are not implying that nobody wanted him because that deminishes one aspect of his decision - the desire to stay at Hawthorn, which I know personally is a big part of his decision.
Agree. There are several sides who could do with a Bruest in their team. Swans not one of them, though.

I thought the original comment was a reference to his draft year when the Swans passed on him?

Last edited:
As many have already said here, our veterans who may move clubs would only realistically go to clubs contending for a flag. What’s the point otherwise?

Geelong have Stengle/Miers Collingwood have Elliot / Ginnavin, Sydney already covered, Brisbane have Bailey /Cameron, Melbourne have Pickett/Spargo.

Like everyone else, I’m happy Luke has chosen to stay.

Not disrespecting Luke at all, but none of those clubs have a need for him. He doesn’t add as much to them as he does to us.

Frankly I think the fact he has 3 flags under his belt means he’s not moving to win a 4th.

As many have already said here, our veterans who may move clubs would only realistically go to clubs contending for a flag. What’s the point otherwise?

Geelong have Stengle/Miers Collingwood have Elliot / Ginnavin, Sydney already covered, Brisbane have Bailey /Cameron, Melbourne have Pickett/Spargo.

Like everyone else, I’m happy Luke has chosen to stay.

Not disrespecting Luke at all, but none of those clubs have a need for him. He doesn’t add as much to them as he does to us.

Frankly I think the fact he has 3 flags under his belt means he’s not moving to win a 4th.
Mate some of your takes are horrendous and this is one of them. Geelong, Collingwood and any other club in the land would welcome him with open arms. You underestimate him as a player he would have kicked 50+ in a Geelong or Collingwood team not to mention the current Carlton team. He is the best small forward in the game still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back