List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As many have already said here, our veterans who may move clubs would only realistically go to clubs contending for a flag. What’s the point otherwise?
Money. Post-playing career opportunities. Lifestyle.

Nup - there’s nothing he has which they don’t already get from Papley (with Gulden/Campbell as back up). That’s why they’re playing in a PF next week.

Bruest is more valuable to us than any other side he might have moved to at his age.
The comment was because he was part of their academy and they passed.

They would have been a 50+ goal a year better side through 2013 - 2016 so I reckon it might have helped them then.

Big tick on Bruest, but the more time that passes with no word on Gunston, the more I feel like he's going elsewhere. I'm hopeful with the difficult year he's had, he's just taking some time to get perspective on things but fully expecting a Ralph Wiggum heartbreak moment down the track

That poor kitten...
In honour of our brave and noble gladiator Punkus Breustus, on this, the day of his most glorious re-signing, your merciful and benelovent forum emperor has decided...
joaquin phoenix thumbs up GIF

...to spare the kitten!

He is the best small forward in the game still.
I think Breust is an all time Hawk great, but he’s not the best small forward in the game (still).

He’s been named AA twice in 14 seasons.

Papley, Toby Greene (x2), Charlie Cameron (x2) have all been AA small forwards since 2018 (when Luke was last named).

Prior to that Betts and Gray were well and truly on par with him (and selected ahead of Luke a few times).

My point remains the stronger clubs already have enough talent in the small forward position to not need Luke as much as we do. Maybe re-read and think about it first before biting back.

I think Breust is an all time Hawk great, but he’s not the best small forward in the game (still).

Papley, Toby Greene (x2), Charlie Cameron (x2) have all been AA small forwards since 2018 (when Luke was last named).

Prior to that Betts and Gray were well and truly on par with him (and selected ahead of Luke a few times).

My point remains the stronger clubs already have enough talent in the small forward position to not need Luke as much as we do. Maybe re-read and think about it first before biting back.
You're seriously pointing to AA selection to back up your take???

On the major metric, goals per game, he is the best small forward since Milne, and certainly the best at the moment

Breaking News: Hawks player snubbed for AA side!

AA nominations are great, but I'd prefer GOALS from my small forward(s).

Please re-do your analysis based on goals (per game), not AA appearances, then tell us who the best small forwards are/have been in the last 15 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The All Australian team means as much as winning an under 10's most improved after the mockery the selectors made of this years side.

After what happened with Sicily this year you are going to, with a straight face, tell us that AA selection is a valid metric?

Are you even a Hawks supporter? Some of the absolute absolutely dense as all * takes you have on our players would indicate you aren't.

W

Who has won the most flags?

I rest my case

Literally a better goal average over his career than all of the ones you listed.

No doubt each player will have an off-season program, but seeing jai newcombe running 100m sprints and laps around waverley today makes me even more comfortable that this is the bloke to shoulder our next premiership tilt. He wants it.
Oh boy, his going to be a freak next year

Wow mate i have nothing else to say as it won't matter.

laugh-nicholas-cage.gif

You're seriously pointing to AA selection to back up your take???

On the major metric, goals per game, he is the best small forward since Milne, and certainly the best at the moment
Are you suggesting Breust is a superior player to Toby Greene?

Are you suggesting Breust is a superior player to Toby Greene?

You realise that GWS, who presently have Toby Greene, have tried to recruit Luke Breust on multiple occasions - the most recent of which was less than 12 bloody months ago. Trying to say Breust has no value to other teams when he was being pursued by other teams, hence was extended by us once again, is just another in the long list of clownish things you have posted here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back