Preview Round 2 - Richmond vs Adelaide - Saturday the 25th of March 4:35pm @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone: cumberland provides no pressure even though he kicks goals so mansell in

Then we go drop mansell, bring in an extra tall and we have even less pressure… makes sense 👍🏾
we're gonna throw away another season doing stupid shite at the selection table

Gone in tall on a big ground against a side that isn’t that tall up forward.
Not what I would have gone with.

They seem really happy with Young but I thought he was average in the practice game. That said, good luck to him and let’s hope he shines. I’m excited to see what Ryan can do.

We continue to make unusual selection decisions….

Huh? The Crows play 3 tall forwards. Why do posters keep saying they aren’t tall. Baffling

Love how everyone wants Cumberland in, but seem unable to comprehend that Dusty & Bolton are the ones he is behind in terms of playing as an attacking goal kicking forward role. At the same time they also can't/won't accept that Cumberland is also reportedly learning a new role that will see him able to play more midfield time and instead float wild theories about why he isn't being played. As for Sonsie not being played, it should be noted that he missed about 4 weeks of training with a hip flexor injury so is probably still building fitness back up. There is plenty of time for both to work their way into the 22 as the season progresses, in the mean time please continue the melts as it's good for a chuckle.

Most teams play three talls. The crows three talls aren't as tall as other teams' three talls.

Tex has taken a key defender his entire career. Fog needs one too. Then there’s Himmelberg who is also a ruckman. Going with just Balta and Grimes, sees us severely undermanned. I would’ve kept Miller over Young but hopefully the lad goes well

Tex has taken a key defender his entire career. Fog needs one too. Then there’s Himmelberg who is also a ruckman. Going with just Balta and Grimes, sees us severely undermanned. I would’ve kept Miller over Young but hopefully the lad goes well
Yeah I agree with you. If they're going to play Young, they should have just stuck with Miller.

Match ups will be interesting
Think young will get the job on fog

Miller Young is strange - thought Funky did well. But what do I know.

I understand Sampson. If we can actually get the ball in he could tear the game apart. the Crows can't match up on him.

I wonder if we will play Jack far more upfield. draw a defender up there and create a miss match. And where his loss of athleticism is less of an issue, and his smarts and skills more useful.

Still a much more cumbersome side now. interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huh? The Crows play 3 tall forwards. Why do posters keep saying they aren’t tall. Baffling
Walker and Fogerty are only 192cm and they aren’t overly tall across the whole side.

With Young in the side we will have 4 players at that height or taller playing in defence alone.

Across the two sides we have gone with a considerably taller line up. Not necessarily a bad thing. We’ll see.

Like others have said, I would have given Miller a run as a 100% defender.

I heard him speak at the MR club after last Thursday’s game and he said it was confusing playing 3 different roles at once.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back