Autopsy Round 6, 2023 : Hawks fail to nail Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Sort of frustrating not to get more reward for holding the ball, as CJ got done for holding the ball last week with very little/no prior, and GWS got rewarded for a tackle. Today was our turn to be laying tackles and suddenly it is a different interpretation and we don't get the same chance to win on effort that GWS did last week for less. Its a tricky game to umpire, but I remember seeing Jaegar called over and over for the type of things that weren't called today.

I don’t think we’ll finish last either, and I’m not celebrating a loss
To me, results don’t matter this year, but a steady improvement in system and youngsters is what I’m looking at

So as I sit here tonight, I’m very happy with what I saw today

I am much the same I can see us finishing around 15/16th.
I am keen to find as many players as possible S.mitchell looks like his in the side to stay now.
While continuing to grow the core nucleas moving forward... Nuke,Amon,Day,Nash,Reeves,Frenchie,
Worps,Ward,C-Mac,Moore,Lewis,Brock, Green,Jiath,Scirm,Dgb.

The spine needs attention we need to work out the best plan for key position stocks and nail them.

Last edited:

Not at all. Thought Hardwick was dissapointing in that effort when Rankine goaled and Worpel wasn't great. I just want Reeves doing more. It's important when the game slows down that we can rely on him to take those contested marks. I've seen him do it.
]
The ball wasn’t and that’s the rule. The whole of the ball needs to be out
it was

What does my head in is that when the umpires let it go and go it creates situations where sling tackles, driving tackles etc are created, if HTB was paid more frequently and quickly the players would dispose of it or be penalised quickly. Watch replays of the late 1970’s, if you were caught with the ball it was HTB almost instantly.

I'm not an expert but I watch a fair bit of footy, Hawks games every week and probably 2-4 other matches depending on the weekend.

Can somebody tell me what I'm missing with reference to Scrimshaw being a fringe selection in this team? Seems a class above most, today I thought he showed plenty when brought on in the forward line. Would have thought he'd have a spot nailed down, offers versatility as well. Maybe it's just me.....

Apart from that losing sucks but can't fault the effort. Super impressed with the tackling today.

On Pixel 7 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not an expert but I watch a fair bit of footy, Hawks games every week and probably 2-4 other matches depending on the weekend.

Can somebody tell me what I'm missing with reference to Scrimshaw being a fringe selection in this team? Seems a class above most, today I thought he showed plenty when brought on in the forward line. Would have thought he'd have a spot nailed down, offers versatility as well. Maybe it's just me.....

Apart from that losing sucks but can't fault the effort. Super impressed with the tackling today.

I'm 100% with you and love what he brings so is baffling we'd start him as a sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm 100% with you and love what he brings so is baffling we'd start him as a sub.
He's managing a niggle. Sam said as much in the presser.

Sam mentioned in his presser has a toe injury

Seamus is best 22 for the rest of the year. Comfortably had the better of Rankine all game.

Scrimmers up forward was excellent. Competed really well and is creative off both feet. Should play forward for the rest of the year if fit.

What does my head in is that when the umpires let it go and go it creates situations where sling tackles, driving tackles etc are created, if HTB was paid more frequently and quickly the players would dispose of it or be penalised quickly. Watch replays of the late 1970’s, if you were caught with the ball it was HTB almost instantly.

I agree - I don’t understand why it’s been adjudicated this way for so long with all this grey area.

There’s next to no benefit of tackling half the time - you give away so many more free kicks than you receive. It would be nice if when you didn’t dispose of it correctly when tackled it was just called HTB.

Reckon once Lewis comes back in so does Kosi, and with Greene as our third tall we'll have a much more potent attack. Will be exciting to watch the next steps we take
Why would Kozi come back in when/if Lewis does?

Is it the absence of Lewis which is impacting Kozi’s output?

Reckon once Lewis comes back in so does Kosi, and with Greene as our third tall we'll have a much more potent attack. Will be exciting to watch the next steps we take
I’m actually really excited to see what Greene can do with some big forwards around him.
I’m a fan and have been super impressed, I would keep him on the list and give him a contract just for his personality, seems a ripping bloke.

who could just as easily turn out to be the new Jack Watts or Scully

He won't.

The other two had talent but lacked the mental edge. Reid lacks neither.

Wrong thread though.

If he's got a niggle he shouldn't be playing at all you'd think
If they think he can play a half and not do any damage, then it makes sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back