Review Port defeat Umpires + Saints by 7 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Campbell Brown

"Warren Tredrea should wash his mouth out with soap" after his comments about Donuts

Lol

Rozee got tagged tonight but i liked the small things he did. If he could shark the ball at stoppage like JHF he can become an unstoppable force.

Cambpell Brown

"Warren Tredrea should wash his mouth out with soap" after his comments about Donuts

Lol
Hinley is on the luckiest ride of his career. His reactions to wins say it all. Coaching for his life for a reason. Maybe Donuts needed some accountability as he had become so dour and passionless. Him sitting on the pine atleast gives the players something to answer to when they come off. Harder to put in pea hearted efforts.

Ken sticking up for players, showing emotion, coaching to his strengths on the bench and calling out the umpires. Why has it needed to get to the point of tredrea calling him out 11 years in for him to do this stuff?
Exactly! This arrangement works to his strengths and covers his weaknesses. Happy for him to coach from bench and remain a lucky charm

Just got home from the game. Actually enjoyed the game - something I haven't been able to say for sometime. Was near Brett Ebert and Co having a great time. Those booing JHF are pathetic.

Ollie Wines is in absolutely dreadful form. Atrocious football at the moment.
He was the ultimate trade bait when his manager went fishing for offers from Carlton. Could’ve flipped him for a top 10 pick but it is what it is. He looks to big again, swear he wouldve been 5 kg’s lighter in his brownlow year.

Considering we were carrying Lord, had to overcome the absolute reaming Marshall gave us, had a half crippled Dixon and lost Duursma early. It adds to what a solid win that was.

Marshall back next week, Duursma is a loss, but coverable by Bonner without much loss.

Main issue is the ruck, god knows what we do there. I would rather a tap ruckman than a headless chook in Teakle.
The last time Lord was carried that much, a crucifix was involved.

I thought Williams was great again tonight. Just so composed for a 5 game player. Took a few really important marks, gathered the ball cleanly and generally uses it well. His pass to Drew in the centre that ended with a goal to us was particularly good. Had 17 disposals with 532m gained and 9 rebound 50’s.

Hopefully has done enough to not get dropped unfairly again for Jonas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won’t last.
i cannot wait winnie the pooh GIF by Maudit

Teakle and Lord need to improve. I was impressed by Bergman taking boo's for Horne Francis ( The Hornet). If I was them I'd get together looking and laughing at the crowd at the end of great play - which is often. But I'm older than them and way more of an arseh*le Ha,Ha ha.

I thought Williams was great again tonight. Just so composed for a 5 game player. Took a few really important marks, gathered the ball cleanly and generally uses it well. His pass to Drew in the centre that ended with a goal to us was particularly good. Had 17 disposals with 532m gained and 9 rebound 50’s.

Hopefully has done enough to not get dropped unfairly again for Jonas.
Burgoyne would be the one to go out, again just wasn't with it tonight. Defended ok, but it was a bit sloppy. He's in a real funk.

Great win by the boys . Didn’t lose faith early when they ere 3 goals down . The Hornet was great especially early when he kept us in it . Love his explosiveness.
Rozee was great as was Boaky , what a star , saw him fluff a play in the first quarter and was off him but from there on he was immense , much credit to him .
kudos to Bergman , Dixon , Houston , McKenzie, Burton , Butters, Wines , Williams , Byrne, Jones , Powell Pepper , Finlayson , Rioli , Drew , Allir , Duursma kicked a good goal early .
Impressive effort , the players were definitely on and on the same page , hopefully we can add more polish . On that form I’d almost have Lycett back but I’d rather try Hayes or Visentini, Teakle not a total bust but he needs to do more to be worthy of his spot .
Still not convinced by Mcentee, the coaches must see more so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt . Happy with Williams , Burgoyne , one more game but he’d need to improve .
Ollie Lord a probable out for Marshall but promising.

Congratulations guys.
Good game, you deserve the win.
I don’t know how this affects your (complicated) relationship with your coach.
I guess that will play out as these things do.
But he has our measure.
That #10 for you guys was good. You're onto a winner there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back