Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

What are your thoughts on violence against women? I suppose your club takes a strong stance on that.

Or are just a hypocrite?

Not sure I see the relevance. Maybe be clearer with what you’re trying to say.

opinions on people who bash women and having an association with them?
or are you just a hypocrite?

What’s that got to do with what I posted?

What’s that got to do with what I posted?

So disingenuous, as usual.

But since you're pretending not to understand, I'll spell it out. You are quick to be critical of the behaviour of some, but turn a blind eye to the similar bad acts of Fabian Francis. And yes, I can name him, because it's in the public forum.

So, why do you condemn the teenager for a disgusting act, but remain unwilling to provide your opinion on Fabian's disgusting act?

So disingenuous, as usual.

But since you're pretending not to understand, I'll spell it out. You are quick to be critical of the behaviour of some, but turn a blind eye to the similar bad acts of Fabian Francis. And yes, I can name him, because it's in the public forum.

So, why do you condemn the teenager for a disgusting act, but remain unwilling to provide your opinion on Fabian's disgusting act?

Fabian has nothing to do with this. His actions were condemned at the time. He suffered the consequences of his actions, did his time in prison and has now rebuilt his life after. It’s done and dusted. He did wrong, was punished and now has to live with a horrible blemish on his reputation.

North supporters going hard to protect a teenage rapist that hasn’t yet been named, or suffered any consequences, saying it was just ‘shenanigans’ and he can redeem himself by playing AFL footy is one of the most hypocritical stances I’ve seen on this site. He’s ok in your eyes because he’s a) white, b) son of a club legend, and b) good enough at football to make it onto your list.

It’s actually quite pathetic.

Fabian has nothing to do with this. His actions were condemned at the time. He suffered the consequences of his actions, did his time in prison and has now rebuilt his life after. It’s done and dusted. He did wrong, was punished and now has to live with a horrible blemish on his reputation.

North supporters going hard to protect a teenage rapist that hasn’t yet been named, or suffered any consequences, saying it was just ‘shenanigans’ and he can redeem himself by playing AFL footy is one of the most hypocritical stances I’ve seen on this site. He’s ok in your eyes because he’s a) white, b) son of a club legend, and b) good enough at football to make it onto your list.

Confirmed hypocrite. Laughable what some people will justify when it’s their own football club.

Where did I justify anything?
Put it this way - I wouldn’t defend a former #6 at NM who was convicted of some of something very similar and would want him nowhere near the club. Don’t care how long he served or how much he perceivably changed.

And for the record I wish NM didn’t draft the player in question. The article made for some horrid reading. And it’s quite clear that whoever the individual is posting in here is quite close to the impacted person and it’s seemingly still a fresh wound. It’s very sad to see and the long term impacts shouldn’t be underestimated.

But I’m not a club nuffy who shapes my opinions, morals and perceptions based on what colours someone wears.

Put it this way - I wouldn’t defend a former #6 at NM who was convicted of some of something very similar and would want him nowhere near the club. Don’t care how long he served or how much he perceivably changed.

And for the record I wish NM didn’t draft the player in question. The article made for some horrid reading. And it’s quite clear that whoever the individual is posting in here is quite close to the impacted person and it’s seemingly still a fresh wound. It’s very sad to see and the long term impacts shouldn’t be underestimated.

"Put it this way" = I can't/won't answer your direct question.

I'll try again... where did I justify anything?

But I’m not a club nuffy who shapes my opinions, morals and perceptions based on what colours someone wears.

The only person here who referred to fingering an unconscious teenager and sending the video to their mates as 'shenanigans' was a North supporter. I wonder why that is? Perhaps they're "a club nuffy who shapes their opinions, morals and perceptions based on what colours someone wears."?

Seems pretty bang on if you ask me.

The fact you think it’s redeemable (he was a grown adult when it happened) and forgivable and the fact you’re happy to have him associated with your club renders anything else you are saying irrelevant.
As you have interchangeable morals depending on club colours, so club loyality supercedes having a consistent opinion and consistent morals.

The fact you think it’s redeemable (he was a grown adult when it happened) and forgivable

He was charged, found guilty and punished, spending 15months in prison. Are you suggesting that's not enough?

and the fact you’re happy to have him associated with your club renders anything else you are saying irrelevant.

Firstly, no it doesn't.

Secondly, he's an ex player whose stepson now plays for the club. In what way is that being 'associated' with the club?

Finally, North supporters were also "happy to have him associated" with their club in the same way, right up until his stepson asked to be traded, (which is your real issue here, let's be honest). Where was your sanctimonious hand-wringing then?

As you have interchangeable morals depending on club colours, so club loyality supercedes having a consistent opinion and consistent morals.

Where are my 'interchangeable morals"? You've got a bee in your bonnet because of the club I support, yet you don't disagree with anything I've said. Strange position to take for a Richmond supporter.

North put this guy on their list with full knowledge of the charges against him, because of who his dad is.
If you don't think that's a perfect example of "interchangeable morals" then I don't know what more I can tell you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Put it this way" = I can't/won't answer your direct question.

I'll try again... where did I justify anything?

The only person here who referred to fingering an unconscious teenager and sending the video to their mates as 'shenanigans' was a North supporter. I wonder why that is? Perhaps they're "a club nuffy who shapes their opinions, morals and perceptions based on what colours someone wears."?

Seems pretty bang on if you ask me.
If you read my later post I said that after reading the article on the incident I did not agree with my comment of 'shenanigans'. Rather than take the easy was out and delete post I acknowledged my error!!

Digitally raping an unconscious 14yo and then distributing the images on social media without her knowledge or consent is somehow something that suffers no consequences and the perpetrator can be 'redeemed' while playing AFL for his old man's club.

Interesting view point from North supporters.

Lol not at all.

As far as we are aware, he has suffered the consequences that legally he can face.

You know they don’t lock most kids up and throw away the key?

I don’t know what more North fans can say other than that the legal people who are in the system and are trying to be evidence based have these particular outcomes in place for teens and for good reason, and hanging him instead isn’t going to take society forward.

One poster said shenanigans and has posted repeatedly since they were wrong to say that. You know that, you’re being pathetically disingenuous.

The player was a kid at the time - as like all kids who do crimes, he hasn’t been named. He most likely has faced consequences. They are very different to adults such as Francis committing crimes who can be named, condemned, and record of their punishment kept.

You doing loops to compare the 2 as similar (not in terms of severity, but in terms of justice/legal outcome) is pathetic.

No matter whether he was a good footballer or not, the system does not lock up kids. They certainly don’t name them so people like you can hang them.

If he repeated a similar crime as an adult you can bet he’d be locked up for a long time.

No one thinks what he did is “ok” - it’s just what do you expect to happen?

Sack him and never let him work a day in his life, lock him up and throw away the key - great in theory, especially when you think about the victim and what she went through, but not exactly ground in reality.

You can win internet points by being the most disgusted by his disgusting crime, or you can look at it realistically and be like well what would be done for most teens.

And I very much doubt even an underprivileged poor kid doing the same crime would be in the big house for a long time. This isn’t “good lawyer” shit, this is basics of the juvenile justice system.

LOL. In your own words, the teenager's "actions were condemned at the time. He suffered the consequences of his actions, did his [penalty] and has now rebuilt his life after. It’s done and dusted. He did wrong, was punished and now has to live with a horrible blemish on his reputation."

Yet you were keen to add your own criticism of him in this current lynching.

You're a hypocrite, and we all know it.

[One person only used the term ‘shenanigans’ and then withdrew it when he became aware of the seriousness of the act. It's very disingenuous of you to omit that, which is on form for you].

Oh good, more JHF chat.
Think the point was pretty obvious. Keep your opinions and morals consistent and don’t let the colours the individual is associated with have any influence on how you look at things. Shit acts are shit acts and shit people are shit people, in such cases football tribalism is irrelevant and shouldn’t even enter ones mind.

Yet we have idiots on here who pick and choose when to exercise decency. I have no time for people who bend their arguments and contradict their own convictions when it comes to their own club.

Wow - that derailed quickly.

I have a scandal, I see Jeremy McGovern every Friday at the lunch bar near work with the guys that work for his plumbing business. The other blokes always buy his bahn mi.

Also he is much thinner than he looks on tv.

West Coast Eagles preparing to make a statement on coach Adam Simpson soon. As in an hour or two.
5 year extension at the club coming through :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back