Prediction Changes: Round 16 Vs Bulldogs + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if the Dogs will ask to have the roof open at Marvel and hope it rains to balance out the height we can bring forward with their missing key backs.
Naughton probably backline
Sam Darcy to forward line. Sam kicked 1 goal 5 in his last VFL game.

Naughton, Ugle-Hagan and Lobb keep getting in each others way.

To be fair though, Fred hasn't done anything more the last month than Sturt did last week.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Freddy was being tagged so nobody kicked the ball anywhere near him, but it freed up Henry. Freddy kept making space, was calling for the ball constantly, but he was invisible.

Yeah good call, and don't get me wrong, I got nothing against Aish coming straight back in and Ras as the sub, just didn't see any harm in him easing back into it at Peel for a week.

That being said, if Johnno doesn't get up then he is an automatic in.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pearce doesn't pull up either, but this week has been a week of surprises.
Aish is way too important - he was BOG before he was taken out

I will lawl if it's Henry v. Lobb on the wing.

Aish can take on Bailey Smith.

Melbourne have the ex-Dogs winger.

Unless Oskar Baker plays on the wing?

Yes, Baker plays on the wing. At least he did when they played us last time. That game was a horror show from our wings (Aish and Hughes) versus Baker and Williams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Jimmy out for a couple of weeks after a pretty nasty bump, do we really expect him to back that kind of level straight away.

I understand he is EXTREMELY important for structure, my concern would be that he might have a little bit of rust on him. Weather it is enough to be a detriment or he shakes it off quickly will be the question.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

will be a big challenge. our mids managed to get on top again, but that essendon midfield is smaller than ours and was sans draper. the dogs mids are a big ask and obviously didnt match up well against them last time round. worried we may get manhandled again, if so defence are going to need to get back to their A game. Cox needs to start clunking some marks instead of the double fist spoil.

wonder if naughton stays in defence?

Hamling is pretty cooked, can't see him playing AFL again.
Kind of hope he retires actually can’t see him being very effective after nearly 4 years on the sidelines.
Our local league is floundering and has got their eyes on him as a marquee player to try and get the team going again
Would love him to join up
Spends time down this way regularly and is from here originally.

With Jimmy out for a couple of weeks after a pretty nasty bump, do we really expect him to back that kind of level straight away.

I understand he is EXTREMELY important for structure, my concern would be that he might have a little bit of rust on him. Weather it is enough to be a detriment or he shakes it off quickly will be the question.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He’s not a kid. He’s a highly professional middle-aged footy player who’s only been out for two weeks. He’ll be fine.

Sneaky chance here. Most teams have struggled post bye and we looked much more like the team that beat Sydney/Geelong/Melbourne on Saturday night

I would honestly be happy with us playing - or at least trying to - play our brand of footy and not go in to our shells like we did against GWS (and to a lesser extent against Richmond)

It'll probably be a tight one and won in the guts rather than any exceptional efforts from forwards or defenders

Ras is the obvious one to make way for Aish, I do like the idea of using Ras as the sub and injecting him into the midfield for the last quarter and a half.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Johnno didn’t get up either
i'm pretty sure the coaches would have been rapt with Erasmus' game. He spent a lot of time on mason Redman and shut him out of the game after the first quarter. Redman is a quality afl player who averages around 23 possessions a game. He's also super quick and Erasmus showed that he's definitely quicker than most here seem to think. Erasmus also spent a bit of time manning Merret which would have been a good leaning experience for Ras. Watching the replay in the second half when Fyfe started in the centre square on a number of occasions after the bounce he went forward and Erasmus took Merret in open play.
I think Aish is important too but I wouldn't be surprised if they gave him a game at WAFL level to ge his touch back or made him sub for one game.

Well Griffin Logue would be handy right now wouldn't he?

If Alex Pearce is out, that leaves us with very few options. Brennan Cox has to play full back.

Hamling to play? He is 195 cm.

Could we get away with Luke Ryan or Ethan Hughes at CHB? Both are 188 cm each.

I wish we had Tobe Watson or Taylin Duman or Sam Collins still on the list.

Don't know if Sam Sturt or Josh Tracy would be suitable as tall defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back