Review Dees v the Orange Mercs - the Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

I am so sick of watching that list clogger ANB play. Struts around like he is the incredible hulk. But is content just being a plodder, doing his best impersonation of an AFL forward without actually doing anything. The only thing he can do is tackle. Let Bailey Laurie take his spot. Has way more upside and can actually finish.
He’s a runner,that’s it. We need someone with football ability beyond ’can run a long time’

Playing an extra man in defence is great for our backline but our pox forward line stands no chance.

May as well revert back to the fast flowing attacking footy Goody preached and baulked at because it’s currently not getting it done.

The club should ask the AFL to schedule all of our games at Docklands so we never have to play in the rain. Has a "good" team ever been so atrocious when a bit of moisture is falling from the sky?

Wasn't able to watch as I had a family thing. Assuming Ben Brown was the difference today?

I'm predicting Simon Goodwin's press conference here:
"I found our last quarter really encouraging. The boys really lifted their intensity and our defensive side of the game held up brilliantly. We didn't get our reward on the scoreboard but there were plenty of positives to take out of it. We pride ourselves as being a contest heavy side and I thought today was a great example of that."

Meanwhile, everyone who's watching is thinking, 'Just shut the heck up and getting the ******* job done!'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club should ask the AFL to schedule all of our games at Docklands so we never have to play in the rain. Has a "good" team ever been so atrocious when a bit of moisture is falling from the sky?
It’s bizarr, I would have thought they’d get their fair share of dhotweather trading at Gosch’s … I think it’s more bloody minded adherence to gamplane because surely no one who makes it to afl level can be that putrid in the wet

Reality is, outside the cellar dwellers (WCE, North and Hawthorn) - we struggle against most teams. Yes, the likes of GC, Freo, GWS, Carlton, Richmond are tricky opponents on their day. But if we were serious about winning the premiership, we'd be banking all these wins comfortably. Instead, its a genuine 50/50 game against teams outside the 8 - all they need to do is bide their time and watch us implode - which more often than not, we do.

Kozzy, in the wet, probably stay down on the ground and crumb which you’re elite at. Melksham too. Flying for the impossible and getting hit on the rebound.

Not at all. Brown did okay in the conditions.

The Clique needs to be called out for continually pumping up Smith. Absolute hack of a player.
Not really. Hit one fantastic kick in the second quarter and had a couple of decent tap-ons, but was absolutely bodied by Taylor on numerous occasions (the worst of which led directly to the match-winning goal).

Think we just need to accept that the cattle doesn't matter at this point. Our key forwards suck, but the gameplan and delivery to them is even worse.

Smith, Brown, McDonald, Schache, JVR – doesn't matter (though JVR should absolutely be playing).

Smith was s**t and was back in his true potato form today.

BBB was marginally better, but didn't contribute more than a few nice passes and knock-ons in the first half.

Zero goals and zero goal assists from both.
in a game like that a few good passes and knock ons can make the difference … unfortunately our ‘stars’ like Trac go to water in front of goal … BBB isnt what’s stopping us from winning that game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back