No Oppo Supporters 2023 General AFL Discussion - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In general I don't have sympathy for EFC but actually in relation to the supplements scandal, the AFL really screwed them (and especially Hird) over. Not saying EFC did nothing wrong but the AFL scapegoated them. Gold Coast and Geelong were other clubs reported as being dubiously involved in dodgy supplements issues. See The Boys Club. The whole thing got a terrible momentum and the AFL cornered EFC and made them (and especially Hird) take the fall. Essendon pushed things too far but they have paid a terrible price.
You mean the same AFL that gave them the heads up there was an investigation coming so they had a couple of days to destroy ay evidence they had? That AFL. Essendon are far from victims of the AFL here.

Net free kick count at the end of the home and away season. Top 6 spots are taken by finalists while Sydney sit in 9th spot (I thought at times this year we gave away some dumb free).

Interestingly Port are at the bottom.

Even in a poor year the Bulldogs almost broke even.

IMG_2445.jpeg

Net free kick count at the end of the home and away season. Top 6 spots are taken by finalists while Sydney sit in 9th spot (I thought at times this year we gave away some dumb free).

Interestingly Port are at the bottom.

Even in a poor year the Bulldogs almost broke even.

View attachment 1791585
My key take-away, Bullflogs can't make finals without an armchair ride.

The exact reason why I think we need the academy to focus resources on developing talls. They don't come cheap (even the scraps) and would net us some handy draft picks if we managed to list multiple talls that we eventually need to move on.

The Academy does a great job developing youngsters, many of whom will play as the game in local comps as good players.

Every now and then we will unearth AFL standard players. BUT it is not every year and those we do are mainly under 185cm.

Taller and bigger framed kids are targeted by Leeeeg or Rugger.

I have a question.

How many Academy kids get fully paid Scholarships to attend pte schools in Sydney coz they are good at footy?

Thinking further on the scholarship issue let's say we had a potentially brilliant 15 yo kid in the Academy. Let's say the kid is very bright academically and the lad and folks are keen for academic opportunities.

Could the kid go to a Melbourne school as a boarder on a scholarship while retaining his membership of the Swans Academy? (The Sanders lad from Tassie has boarded at Melbourne Grammar but is deemed a lolNorf NGA member).

If the 15 yo was able to maintain Academy membership would it be worth the Swans facilitating scholarship offers for the kid???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JPK to be cup ambassador for the finals , Chris Judd to hand over The Norm Smith .
Interesting coincidence, the last player to win a norm smith in a losing side (against us as well) and a player who SHOULD HAVE won a norm smith in a losing side (not that he'd care if he'd won it under those circumstances).

KISS for GF entertainment.. at least the AFL is consistent
Has disaster written all over it. If we are going going down aging rocker path, AC DC as a band would be good, or what about the Boss, he can still belt it out as well as in his heyday.

Has disaster written all over it. If we are going going down aging rocker path, AC DC as a band would be good, or what about the Boss, he can still belt it out as well as in his heyday.
Will rival meatloaf! Seems pretty clear the AFL can only attract has beens… or they genuinely think this is what people want.. not sure which is worse tbh

Is a big half-time music performance even necessary?

It's never going to be the Super Bowl, and whose asking for it?

How the AFL have got KISS before either AC/DC or Kylie Minogue when they are far and away our biggest musical exports is beyond me.

I am still holding out hope the Stones drop off in popularity and have to settle for our measly big dance :p
A. Caller just said on SEN Kiss are a night time act if you are going there, it won’t work during the day….I agree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back