NRL NRL 2023 - Grand Final Penrith vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst weekend I've ever had

Not in the best place right now

Hopefully just the beer talking but I'm ******* done
Was in a similar head space an hour ago mate, without the added loss this weekend.

Wish i could say something to make you feel better but all i can say is you have two really strong clubs that will be challenging for the next 3-5 years. Very confident your day will come!

Brisbane taking a step back now. Young and all that but those 2 are going to be sorely missed.

Think this was their best chance

Next year I think Penrith are a lock moreso then this year even
Would be very hard to go four-peat, thats why teams struggle to do three-peats, so less motivation when youre feasting on success. Amazing that the Dragons won 11 in a row Bayern Munich has won 11 in a row in modern sport.

Am sure people will say Penrith cant do it again like they/me did tonight down 16.

Would be very hard to go four-peat, thats why teams struggle to do three-peats, so less motivation when youre feasting on success. Amazing that the Dragons won 11 in a row Bayern Munich has won 11 in a row in modern sport.

Am sure people will say Penrith cant do it again like they/me did tonight down 16.

They dont seem to have the egos or primadonnas in the locker room really. Everyone in that team works hard and appreciates where they are at. I think they will be fine

Next year I think NZ Warriors is their biggest competitor with Tuivasa-Sheck addition.

I think Broncos will be in and around but still 2 years off. If they can get a Adam Reynolds replacement somewhere down the line, they will go on a dynasty themselves really.

Brisbane really s**t the bed with drop outs this game, sides need to just go back go the long drop out lol

Hmm time and place I think. I dont think the GF and especially vs Penrith who can move the ball from one side to the other with that much speed is a team you do short drop outs against

Sometimes you just gotta play the opponent and the moment which they didn't do

afl cup is better
Been to a few NRL GF and find the gameday of a NRL GF better then a AFL one as a neutral. Night time build up and atmosphere just always better. Too many corporate plastics at the AFL GFs i feel. At a NRL GF you actually get normal humans at the games which adds to the spectacle

Worst weekend I've ever had

Not in the best place right now

Hopefully just the beer talking but I'm ******* done
Sorry to hear it mate. Feels like I was in a similar situation to that after Swans lost the 2016 Grand Final and it wasn't a great feeling. I had to find a way not to get too emotional over things I can't control like sporting results. I eventually found extra hobbies I could immediately jump into after a football game win, lose, or draw and now in a spot where I can turn off a games once finished and try not to think about the result. Grand Finals obviously the worst for trying to manage it, though. I feel your pain there.

Been to a few NRL GF and find the gameday of a NRL GF better then a AFL one as a neutral. Night time build up and atmosphere just always better. Too many corporate plastics at the AFL GFs i feel. At a NRL GF you actually get normal humans at the games which adds to the spectacle

Oh I just meant the trophy is nicer .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm time and place I think. I dont think the GF and especially vs Penrith who can move the ball from one side to the other with that much speed is a team you do short drop outs against

Sometimes you just gotta play the opponent and the moment which they didn't do

Not even just the short ones the 2 long ones at the end were driven toward the side line and both would have been out on the full, it was once a staple to just play it safe and smack it long

That was one epic choke by the Broncos if I ever seen one. Well done by the Panthers for the Threepeat but that last try to Cleary the Broncos just parted the seas for him lol

Petrified of his kicking game. People part the seas out of fear. Everyone laid back waiting for a kick that never came.

Its not a choke, its created by design from Clearys game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back