Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe.
It would also be a surefire way to land pick 1 and Harley Reid.
Doesn't make sense though ....trade your #1 player, at the peak of his game, when MELB are right in the premiership window ....for Reid, who won't get near Oliver in performance, for 3 years

Are MELB going to forgo a flag opportunity here ?

If Reid pulls pick 4 and then onto Oliver off he gets a statue at Adelaide Oval.
I just can't work out what we give to GC to get 4. Particularly if we have Burgess on the line and if Chol decides to come too.

Our bundle of seconds and there likely needs to be something else. I was thinking McAdam compo but McAdam would I assume end up in an Oliver deal if it were to eventuate.

I just can't work out what we give to GC to get 4. Particularly if we have Burgess on the line and if Chol decides to come too.

Our bundle of seconds and there likely needs to be something else. I was thinking McAdam compo but McAdam would I assume end up in an Oliver deal if it were to eventuate.
The thing is that picks 10 and 17 from the Bulldogs would have to be moved again for seconds by GC anyway as they only need points., and those picks would get eaten up by bids and have more value as picks than as points. If we can get them the amount they need, and perhaps agree to trade them pick 20 at the draft after they have gotten their 3 NGAs then why wouldn’t they do the deal with us?

Apparently Shane McAdam doesn't share this view.

Reading some of the media the last 24 hours my feel is we aren't getting the full story re Oliver's off field issues so we would want to be right across the depth of these issues. Would be paying a hell of a lot only to see the player crash and burn.
Of course, but surely if the off-field issues are that disastrous any club would be able to sniff them out through player interviews and industry connections.

Of course, but surely if the off-field issues are that disastrous any club would be able to sniff them out through player interviews and industry connections.
Wouldn't stop some on this board so a fair chance it wouldn't stop a desperate list manager or two.

I think Harley Reid might be involved in the equation somehow. Oliver would certainly net them Harley Reid I think.

Sources have clarified that this year’s free agency compensation will be based on lining up contracts with salaries based on 2023 wages before the 15 per cent pay rise for players for 2023 and 2024.

If the compensation was based on contracts for 2024, the Dons might have had to pay McKay an extra 15 per cent to hit the first-round trigger.

What a ******* joke. How can they use 2023 salaries when (1) there IS a 15% increase coming next year and (2) surely its the contract offered by the acquiring club NEXT year not what his salary was this year

Perhaps I have got this wrong but without reading all posts this just further cements what a complete joke and farce this competition and head body really is. Even Gary Lyon said this morning that FA compo was a contrived or manipulated outcome

Tom Morris on same show also said Crows would be one of 3 clubs named that would be interested in Oliver along with Saints and Dons as we have more than adequate $ to cover his 1m/year contract (which Lyon said in summary not that likely to happen)
So Doods gets us at least a band 2 then.

Moving to a new city did wonders for Tyson Stengle...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moving to a new city did wonders for Tyson Stengle...

Isn’t Oliver from Country Victoria?

moving to Adelaide won’t be a big deal

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just a musing..IF somehow we landed A+ grade Oliver in this trade period without costing a quality player in return, and port are scrapping to get journeymen Sweet, BZT and Ratugolea, their board will go nuts

Do you reckon Nicks would know that Clayton Oliver isn't a back pocket or would Clayton have to tell him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back