Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Busted] Adelaide shows interest in Mitch Georgiadis
  • Not sure if it's too early to begin this thread however I was just listening to Fresh FM so not sure if that's a source you can particularly trust.

There was story about Mitch Georgiadis and how Port are confident of him re-signing with the club even though a number of Victorian clubs and cross town rival Adelaide who have shown keen interest in attracting him to the club.

Has anyone heard of this before today? Was surprised no WA club was mentioned, but interesting to hear we have our hands in the pie....

Paywalled though so I don’t have access

(Busted)Harry Himmelberg a Free Agent target of Adelaide

• Interesting…
    You can add in Harry Himmelberg due to that article about his parents moving here and his agent saying GWS will need to wait.
    Good segue way.

Bad segway...

w-gizmodo-com-au-the-worlds-fastest-man-cant-outrun-the-future-segway-534x333-gif.1617252

[Busted]Pickett to Port, Chris Davies crawling up his ass
  • I’ve heard from someone who is usually spot on with Port stuff that Pickett has been in constant dialogue with Chris Davies about coming to Port. Either way, it def feels like it’s either Melb, Port or (at a pinch) a WA club. Definitely not us. I’m sure the club has a lot simmering away behind the scenes. I suddenly have faith in the brains trust at the AFC to nail the recruiting of free agents/established players over the next 2 years or so.

Will Day has reportedly bought Property in Adelaide
  • [Busted]Kossie Picket to the Crows
  • They just had a rumour on Triple M rumour mill that Kozzie Picket is coming back to SA next year, and is coming to the Crows. Just some random listener so take it with a grain of salt. But Roo did seem a bit caught off guard and was a bit lost for words when quizzed about it. So there may be some truth to it.

[Confirmed]Special Gather round Crows limited edition Guernsey
  • Rumour doing the rounds that AFC are wearing a special Guernsey for Gather Round featuring the old Crow based on an old 90’s preseason Guernsey.

Take my money if true!

(confirmed yet also busted) Redman has 5 year deal on the table from Adelaide
  • no idea the accuracy of this but just saw on the Redman thread a poster from Melbourne put this up (I know we don't usually drag posts from outside here but this is harmless and not having a crack at the poster - just passing on what he said)

Latest mail he is he sort of waiting to see what happens with Parish.

Parish wants close to a million a year in his next contract, which Essendon are hesitant to pay. If Parish goes Redman likely stays as cash will be freed up.

If Parish stays Adelaide have a 5 year deal on the table

[Confirmed]SA Gov pushing for 3-5 year Gather Round contract
  • Rumour from a third hand corporate is this:

AFL almost sure to give us Gather Round again next year

HOWEVER

SA Govt want it guaranteed for 3-5 so they can invest and get bang for the buck so negotiations ongoing. WA very keen/jealous and want in. Concern is that they are too remote to have people all 'gather round'

Luko wants to come to Adelaide
  • Little bit of a strange one, because I don't believe it myself. I know people will call bs on it, so let me be the first.

We are into Jack Lukosius.

The Power tried but apparently we have him stitched up.

He's contracted and apparently been playing well. We'd have to hugely overpay in a trade offer to even get GC considering letting him go.

Trying to make sense of it, maybe they have a FA locked in? Then a Lukosius/Redman (as a midfielder) combo for 'X' trade capital could be swallowed.

[Confirmed]Two young Crows Stars have signed on, yet to be announced
  • Two of our most promising and elite young talent have been tied up to significant new deals. Both players love the club.
    Should be announced in the next week or so.
    Very good news!

Postecoglou head hunting Burgess
  • Rumour on AA this morning that Ange Postecoglou is courting Darren Burgess to return to the EPL to join Spurs. (Didn't reference Burgess specifically, but there was a strong intonation that's who it is ie 'well known local fitness coach', 'return to EPL' etc..)

(Busted)GWS Lachie Ash to Adelaide
  • Just my spidey senses.

Ash is out of contract, not established at a big Vic club, his team isn’t knocking the lights out, Vic Country Shepparton lad so no Melbourne home base and surely has ties to Rachele, great size and super quick with midfield potential, we’ve got money to spend and appear happy to use draft capital to get what we need now.

Y’know, vibes.

I'll just Pop this in here.... Lachie Ash to Crows 👀

Last edited:
    [Busted] 900k offered for H.Himmelberg
  • Rumor is ....a Club is prepared to offer H.Himmelberg $900K per year

Given the figure mentioned for Redman was $800K .....would you pay an additional $100K for Himmelberg

[busted] Redman Prioritised over Doedee
  • I heard 2 bits of info from different people yesterday regarding Redman, both of these people would have some inside knowledge of what’s going on.

1. The club has not prioritised a contract for Doedee as we are throwing everything we can at getting Redman and they believe Doedee has a deal lined up with another club anyway.

2. The deal with Redman is pretty much done and over the line, source was very confident he’ll be a crow next year.

GC Holland's may be on the move to get more academy picks, Crows to swoop
  • HS running speculation this evening that Holland's could be on the move since the Suns need picks for the Academy players.

No specific teams mentioned, though they did the obvious linking to Carlton cause of his brother being there.

[Confirmed] Sloane offered New deal
  • Yeah maybe the penny has finally dropped with Nicks that Sloane is not up to it anymore. The club needs to take the decision out of his hands and make the call, he has made it clear he won't put his hand up to retire.
    Sloane has been offered another year. I don't see why but maybe they are trying to use up the cap space. Let's hope they do the right thing and play him in the Sanfl all year outside of the midfield.

Last edited:
    ESS Baldwin to Adelaide
  • This is a rumour I'm starting :)

With ESS chasing & in all probability getting McKay as a KPD .....IMO the rumour is that one of BZT or Baldwin will be forced to move

BZT is more in the mould of Worrell / Doedee .....Baldwin, out of Contract, has been nailing it in the VFL ....and was good last week
    So good, he has been omitted ....which maybe the nail in his ESS Coffin

(Busted) BZT to request trade to Crows
  • Not an uber exciting one, but was told Brandon Zerk-Thatcher will request a trade to us.

Maybe why we went softer on a deal with Doods.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back