Discussion State of our jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Won't be buying either unless we win a premiership in it. I usually go for the once off types, so they rorted me last year. Even still, these are shit.

I like the black behind the crest to make it stand out more on the jumper, but it feels like a missed opportunity to update the crest and go on with the 150 crest.. going back to the 'forties quo fidelius' crest, but boldening it up or something.

Won't be buying either unless we win a premiership in it. I usually go for the once off types, so they rorted me last year. Even still, these are s**t.
Yeh I’m actually pretty pleased I don’t feel any compulsion to buy one after buying 3 last year.

Wish our home jumpers still had the black trim. That always looked the most aesthetically pleasing for me, I get the striped trim is historic but the all black trim was top notch.

Also our red clash Jumper from last season was as good as it can get and should have stayed. These new ones look kinda sloppy and daggy.

Wish our home jumpers still had the black trim. That always looked the most aesthetically pleasing for me, I get the striped trim is historic but the all black trim was top notch.

Also our red clash Jumper from last season was as good as it can get and should have stayed. These new ones look kinda sloppy and daggy.

The ill fitting retails on the players were not flattering at all

Sponsor logos on the back of the home jumper are getting a pasting on the graphic design board, justifiably imo.

Why put the Chery wordmark and the logo at the bottom? Surely the wordmark is enough on its own. And the fake metal effect on the logo isn't necessary or welcome. The RSEA wordmark is way too big for such an obnoxious colour, there's not enough space in general. Looks a bit tacky. Plus that dumb CIIIC logo needs to blend in more with the design on the front.

Not a huge fan.

It’s almost as if it’s purposefully big and stands out so that people notice it.

New Away/Clash Jumpers are always good organisationally, even just from a potential revenue pov.

The "moar white" jumpers are always just utterly uninspired though. probably 4th worst IMO, after Fat Fat Fat white we wore in the '10 season, the faded logo on white we wore in... '08? and the Pura milk Jumper with red trim (specifically red trim, pure yellow wasn't awful).

Real shame to see the Redback Crusader discontinued. Thought it was a thing of beauty.
Not sure why we can’t have 3 guernseys. Home, white clash and crusader.

Definitely agree it looks far too cluttered. Piping on the cuffs & the black box around the club logo adds to the cluttering in my opinion. The back is a giant eye sore.

Having sponsors replace the guernsey manufacturer like New Balance under the neck line has never sat well with me. I guess we have to do whatever we can for the dollar these days.

I like the black behind the crest to make it stand out more on the jumper, but it feels like a missed opportunity to update the crest and go on with the 150 crest.. going back to the 'forties quo fidelius' crest, but boldening it up or something.

The 150 crest was far superior to the standard logo. Thought there was definitely a way to incorporate the main elements of that into our club logo loving forward. Missed opportunity

How are we not sponsored by Linfox or SEEK?

There can't be conflicts of interest when it comes to sponsorship.

Big companies have budgets for advertising and donations and they would be controlled by people employed to get the best value from that cost. Linfox is privately owned. Not sure about Seek but I imagine it's publicly listed and Bassat has a large number of shares. Not sure it's possible or professional to just throw money at your own causes or shareholders would want him out.

Real shame to see the Redback Crusader discontinued. Thought it was a thing of beauty.
Not sure why we can’t have 3 guernseys. Home, white clash and crusader.
Got to cycle through them so there is something different to be bought each year.

Candy stripes likely in a year or two then the Crusader will be back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive written about this on the jumpers board but i actually think the league should mandate that every team needs 3 jumpers, home, away (clash) which should be predominantly white and a third different color.

The clash policy and its implementation is a complete shitshow. Carlton and Richmond both wear their home against each other yet will both happily wear a clash v Adelaide. Collingwood v Carlton is a mess every single time.

Im glad weve embraced function for a clash even if it is at the expense of it looking great.

I also think all the best clash jumpers are inverse/white versions of the home (Dogs, Freo, Sydney, GWS Adelaides old one was a cracker too).

Ive written about this on the jumpers board but i actually think the league should mandate that every team needs 3 jumpers, home, away (clash) which should be predominantly white and a third different color.

The clash policy and its implementation is a complete shitshow. Carlton and Richmond both wear their home against each other yet will both happily wear a clash v Adelaide. Collingwood v Carlton is a mess every single time.

Im glad weve embraced function for a clash even if it is at the expense of it looking great.

I also think all the best clash jumpers are inverse/white versions of the home (Dogs, Freo, Sydney, GWS Adelaides old one was a cracker too).

To be fair, Collingwood isn't as much of a problem as some others. It's when Collingwood is at home and Essendon, Richmond and Carlton won't wear a clash which is a much bigger problem.

We wear our clash against every one of them.

To be fair, Collingwood isn't as much of a problem as some others. It's when Collingwood is at home and Essendon, Richmond and Carlton won't wear a clash which is a much bigger problem.

We wear our clash against every one of them.
I agree, theres dozens if not hundreds of pages on this. The Pies always wear their clash (and whether you think their clash works or not, it was signed off by the AFL.

In any event, my thoughts are make every team nom a home and away, when youre the away team, you wear your away jumper, no arguments, if your away jumper makes a worse clash (eg ours v Sydney) then you wear a third kit.

I wont take any notes on this.

I agree, theres dozens if not hundreds of pages on this. The Pies always wear their clash (and whether you think their clash works or not, it was signed off by the AFL.

In any event, my thoughts are make every team nom a home and away, when youre the away team, you wear your away jumper, no arguments, if your away jumper makes a worse clash (eg ours v Sydney) then you wear a third kit.

I wont take any notes on this.

I don't agree on the third kit - I have no issue with St Kilda wearing their home jumper and black shorts at Sydney.

But there are some teams that seem to need a third kit (Adelaide is a good example). And Hawthorn barely need a clash.

I don't agree on the third kit - I have no issue with St Kilda wearing their home jumper and black shorts at Sydney.

But there are some teams that seem to need a third kit (Adelaide is a good example). And Hawthorn barely need a clash.
Re read what i said.

You start making home exemptions for the away team and the whole policy implodes.

If youre away you cant wear your home, otherwise Carlton is never wearing their away to Collingwood etc etc etc.

Re read what i said.

You start making home exemptions for the away team and the whole policy implodes.

If youre away you cant wear your home, otherwise Carlton is never wearing their away to Collingwood etc etc etc.

I don't understand how a "you can wear your home kit in an away game if it doesn't clash with the home team" policy can't work.

The issue as I see it now is teams not developing proper clash jumpers (jumpers to avoid clashes) and teams not wearing them when a clash is obvious.

I read what you said - I didn't agree with it.

The main problem is the big four Victorian clubs - which is a matter of insufficient willpower at AFL House. Proper clash jumpers is a matter of competence.

I don't understand how a "you can wear your home kit in an away game if it doesn't clash with the home team" policy can't work.

The issue as I see it now is teams not developing proper clash jumpers (jumpers to avoid clashes) and teams not wearing them when a clash is obvious.

I read what you said - I didn't agree with it.

The main problem is the big four Victorian clubs - which is a matter of insufficient willpower at AFL House. Proper clash jumpers is a matter of competence.
The problem with your suggestion is that its subjective and as long as its subjective someone will argue that Carlton and Collingwood dont clash. Youll probably find someone who would suggest Ports prison bars and Collingwood doesnt clash.

"you can wear your home kit in an away game if it doesn't clash with the home team" this is essentially what we have now and it flat out doesnt work.

Mandate that you must wear your away strip in away games, no exceptions and people will get over the rusted on traditionalism that exists about kits in AFL.

For the record The Punter im agreeing with you on the competence thing, im just suggested a way around it cause the competence and bias seems unlikely to change.

Fair enough, I think the impulse to remove judgement on jumpers is a reasonable one, and the AFL is prone to making poor judgements from time to time.

But making what I have suggested workable should be in reach for an organisation of the size and importance of the AFL.

In the final analysis, I've supported our club no matter what we've worn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back