Discussion State of our jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough, I think the impulse to remove judgement on jumpers is a reasonable one, and the AFL is prone to making poor judgements from time to time.

But making what I have suggested workable should be in reach for an organisation of the size and importance of the AFL.

In the final analysis, I've supported our club no matter what we've worn.
I think thats part of the issue.

Most clubs outside the big four dont get so precious about their jumper (Essendons whole constitution argument is right up there with Denis Denuto has dumbest attempts at legal work ive ever seen) but those that do get allllll bent outta shape about identity.

To me, if youre home, wear whatever you want and honor your identity and tradition, if youre away then its not your time to celebrate, its your time to not create a clash.

I think thats part of the issue.

Most clubs outside the big four dont get so precious about their jumper (Essendons whole constitution argument is right up there with Denis Denuto has dumbest attempts at legal work ive ever seen) but those that do get allllll bent outta shape about identity.

To me, if youre home, wear whatever you want and honor your identity and tradition, if youre away then its not your time to celebrate, its your time to not create a clash.

Absolutely agree. Have you seen Essendon's 2024 clash?

Meanwhile Liverpool and Manchester United have been successfully negotiating this issue for 100 years without any comment.

See how much better our top looks with a sponsor panel which has a black background?

Surely CMC could easily keep their same logo on a black background; with the sky blue-teal M it would look awesome.

I guess the black cuffs and shoulders help too. Screenshot_20231213_084951_Gallery.jpg

See how much better our top looks with a sponsor panel which has a black background?

Surely CMC could easily keep their same logo on a black background; with the sky blue-teal M it would look awesome.

I guess the black cuffs and shoulders help too. View attachment 1871235
Agree re: crest.
Hate the black shoulder and cuffs.

Hate the black shoulder and cuffs.

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I really like the look of these as a clash strip and training tops - the clash top especially.

I know that we don't have O'Neill's as our providers but what do folks here think of our providers going for something similar?View attachment 987379

I love this training top, though i can't remember where i found it: any chance we'd try something like this as a clash or something?

Apparently these are the new season guernseys…

HOME

IMG_1267.jpeg
IMG_1268.jpeg
IMG_1265.jpeg IMG_1266.jpeg

CLASH

IMG_1269.jpeg IMG_1270.jpeg
IMG_1263.jpeg IMG_1264.jpeg

That longsleeve clash is unbelievably magnificent.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Red, white and black panels are our heritage. Our DNA.

Love the home and away jumpers.

Hot Cross Bun can be buried forever.
We have a few great looks to wheel out every now and then (Candy stripes one day please) but I agree the panels are the main event.

I really love that this time around they're not thinned down or the middle panel made fatter, just a white backed version of the home jumper.

Red, white and black panels are our heritage. Our DNA.

Love the home and away jumpers.

Hot Cross Bun can be buried forever.
Didn’t mind the candy stripe away at all as it’s still panels.
Those white long sleeves…yuck. Even Sincs won’t look good in them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back