1st Test New Zealand v Australia Feb 29-Mar 4 0830hrs @ the Basin Reserve

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Always going to be hard to play Lyon on this if he started landing it well.

Very unusual a spinning track getting produced in NZ.

Ravindras wicket was a gift but that was a really good nut from Lyon to send down to a bloke facing his third ball. That'll collect the inside edge off a lot of newcomers to the crease.
The Ravindra wicket is why Gaz is so good though. He knew Ravindra is tempted with that shot outside off, just throw the occasional ball out there and see if he plays at it. With Gaz's extra bounce, always a hard shot to control.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Ashes was his coming of age as a gloveman.

Actually think the Indian series before was pretty sure it was India, batted awful but on turning tracks he was keeping at an elite level. Still hate his batting

How many wickets does Lyon need to steal MOTM honours from Green?

9 wickets and 41 with the bat would be a lot rarer than a 174 I'd have thought. And you say he picks up 1 more at least.
I think that 174 completely changed the course of this game though, would be a heck of a lot closer without the 10th wicket partnership especially. Has to be Green.

It hasn't even been great bowling from Lyon, it's been woeful batting gifting him easy wickets,

Disappointing after we had some hope of a win or at least a close finish at the start of the day

'

The short wide one that started the collapse should have been put away. The other two weren't bad balls.

Just checked the score there’s goes plans of watching an exciting test down the drain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that 174 completely changed the course of this game though, would be a heck of a lot closer without the 10th wicket partnership especially. Has to be Green.

Plus Green got most 40 the second innings.

This would be bloody disappointing for what looks like a good crowd, these sorts of performances are just bad for NZ cricket, they can't keep being so shithouse against Australia.

Back