Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

If Wells did in fact want any of them, they’d be cheap as chips in regards to a trade.
An OOC Macrae would be a FA ... so being attached to a large contract ... If they are moving past him now and he is contracted till 2027.. one would think its almost a Bowes trade of some sort.

What's crazy is that in literally the same show where he bleated on and on about how the best teams have strong back half interceptors with strong data based evidence.

Then he ignored all our back half intercept players, and just said "is Knevitt and Conway going to get you the improvement?".

When did he say this? Conway ? Kneviit ? Talent, skill add transition , development , dedication and a bit of luck and then you might become. My bet is only now he is starting to say .. we might have found one in Demp.

What are we thinking on Knevitt? Tall but not a solid body (at least not yet), recruited as a big mid, then pushed out onto a wing but maybe not at home there either.

Would love him to turn into a Corey type player, but will he end up HBF more like Milburn or Mackie?

Great hands, neat kick, good size for a flank, doesn’t mind making a tackle, and can run.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What are we thinking on Knevitt? Tall but not a solid body (at least not yet), recruited as a big mid, then pushed out onto a wing but maybe not at home there either.

Would love him to turn into a Corey type player, but will he end up HBF more like Milburn or Mackie?

Great hands, neat kick, good size for a flank, doesn’t mind making a tackle, and can run.

Just needs to find the footy a lot more.

When did he say this? Conway ? Kneviit ? Talent, skill add transition , development , dedication and a bit of luck and then you might become. My bet is only now he is starting to say .. we might have found one in Demp.
Preseason expectations show he did with Montagna. It was on the set they use for first crack so guessing it was their first crack at first crack.

A joke about kingy snorting crack should really go here but I feel like I'm above that

His doubters have really piped up and given we have other more exciting kids I can see why they might be off him a bit.

I think he's a great kick, has the endurance capacity, great contested mark. I think we need to see him with a few more kgs ready to up his contested work like he was as a junior.

Could we fit Macrae into the team? We probably can't but we've been fairly ruthless or uncompromising in the past when it comes to giving older players games if they're up to it. It's what's kept us up for so long.
He feels like the wrong type. We need to win more ball but does an accumulator make us more dangerous?

I would prefer someone that had a bit of breakaway speed and running power which, if we can duct tape his knees together well enough, could be Smith

Preseason expectations show he did with Montagna. It was on the set they use for first crack so guessing it was their first crack at first crack.

A joke about kingy snorting crack should really go here but I feel like I'm above that
Isn't cocaine the ultimate weight loss drug?

Kingy's more a of a KFC drive-thru man I would have thought.

Personally I have high hopes for him once he has the build

To be fair ... he is probably paid for opinions and that means moving the edge of the envelope. Someone has to finish 12th.

I feel its probably fair for media analysts to say preseason that Geelongs time might be here , a group of mature players can literally drop off the map quickly ... but I also think he is one of the media guys that likes to point out the advantages of playing at KP ...as I have said before losing three games there last year that with a fit and in form side would have won 2 of them , if not three. Do that and that puts us in finals again even after playing well off our best.... add to that the potential of the kids he saw last year..( not just Kevitt and Conway) its not unrealitic to predict finals.like Montana did. Imo ..there was a wide range of finishes for us this year.. and now with a 4-0 start its beginning to look like the better end of that wide margin.

and rel to this thread... Id say players looking at Geelong would say they do not look like they are about to tip over. If that was a concern for the likes of Smith , then that should be less of an issue.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id say he is on track. He is 21 and in his 3rd year. He will have to be aware that he apprenticeship is almost over ...4 year and on id say its fair to expect more from him. So big preseason coming up. He need a asset to hang his hat on. Id like for him to really work on his marking to make it a super strong asset, he may need to build up a bit for that.

Regarding Knevitt he is a great mark, has the ability to run all day and is a very nice kick. The only knocks on him atm would be he needs to find more of the footy and he needs more size
You would think a decent pre season and 5 kg should have him next year , having said that I fully expect him to play some games this year but I’m suprised that there are some posters writing him off …he could be big bull we need in the middle once Danger is gone so there isn’t a big rush this year to get him 100% out there

Next year there may be some more urgency however

Last edited:
Footy Confidential linked Geelong to Tarryn Thomas. No problem with them looking at out of the box recruitment ...but not all of the players thrown away by other clubs for non talent reasons are players you woudl want to add to your club.

Last edited:
Footy Confidential liked Geelong to Tarryn Thomas. No problem with them looking at out of the box recruitment ...but not all of the players thrown away by other clubs for non talent reasons are players you woudl want to add to your club.
The mystery mid returns

He's a couple of inches smaller so might not be able to do the ruck part but I can see him being a Mark Blicavs type player.

The mystery mid returns

If its only about talent then obviously we look at him. ... but its not just about talent. No matter the level of football, more is being expected of clubs talent acquisition. The has to be a tipping point

Front page of the GA today demonstrates the higher the level the more attention that this subject gathers. The news is full of negatives around this subject and we have a significant investment in female participation which revolves around female approval of direction of the club. (Which is fine and as it should be)

The difference between drugs that may directly affect himself and something related to DV that can affect others is significant. Im all for second chances..but the saying about fleas and dogs is apt too. We best be very careful.

If its only about talent then obviously we look at him. ... but its not just about talent. No matter the level of football, more is being expected of clubs talent acquisition. The has to be a tipping point

Front page of the GA today demonstrates the higher the level the more attention that this subject gathers. The news is full of negatives around this subject and we have a significant investment in female participation which revolves around female approval of direction of the club. (Which is fine and as it should be)

The difference between drugs that may directly affect himself and something related to DV that can affect others is significant. Im all for second chances..but the saying about fleas and dogs is apt too. We best be very careful.

To be fair on Mack as well, all he said is that they'd look into it and didn't rule it out.

Footy Confidential linked Geelong to Tarryn Thomas. No problem with them looking at out of the box recruitment ...but not all of the players thrown away by other clubs for non talent reasons are players you woudl want to add to your club.

The mystery mid returns

calder_daddy your man
Well well well look how the turned have tables.

Maybe some now might believe me,
Probably not but

Remove this Banner Ad

Back