Preview Faceoff Round 18 Adelaide vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

What would happen if we bring in crouch and play dangerfiled forward a bit more and lynch in the midfield a bit more but I guess this isn't a good testing week lol

I would also love to see this, give Danger a bit of a rest from the battering he gets plus he would be hard to match up on in the forward line - quick and strong overhead mark.

Congratulations and well done to Pods. 100 games is very good achievement for a guy who debuted at age 28y 213d. will always be remembered by us cats faithful as an afl premiership player.

Hope you guys win against the pies. Pods deserves to win his 100th, especially against one of the sides that threw him to the curb.

Good luck guys:thumbsu:

How do you guys expect your side to line up on Sunday??

I'd say our ins and outs will be:
Out: Maxwell(retired), Swan(injured), J.Thomas(omitted), Blair(hopefully)
In: Keefe, Elliott, Reid, Martin(hopefully)

How do you guys expect your side to line up on Sunday??

I'd say our ins and outs will be:
Out: Maxwell(retired), Swan(injured), J.Thomas(omitted), Blair(hopefully)
In: Keefe, Elliott, Reid, Martin(hopefully)
Mackay is fit & will come back in - for Porplyzia.
Kerridge & Cameron sound like they won't be OK to come back in.
I expect Rutten will be rested for L Thompson.

Not confident at all. Maxwell retirement and their terrible last few weeks will have them breathing fire. Our record at the G of late is extremely average as well. It's just one of 'those' important games that we never win.

Down by 4 goals at quarter time, fight back in the second to be just about level at half time, down by 1-2 goals at three quarter time, threaten to overrun them early in the last but lose by 4-5 goals. :thumbsu:

Not confident at all. Maxwell retirement and their terrible last few weeks will have them breathing fire. Our record at the G of late is extremely average as well. It's just one of 'those' important games that we never win.

Down by 4 goals at quarter time, fight back in the second to be just about level at half time, down by 1-2 goals at three quarter time, threaten to overrun them early in the last but lose by 4-5 goals. :thumbsu:

'Breathing fire' counts for nothing IMO. Emotive stuff will never compensate for things like right matchups, better game plan, fiercer pressure, more talent, more run, etc...... When it comes to the crunch and the ball is bounced, teams that are playing better football win games. Not teams that are ordinary and pissed off because they've lost a few in a row. I think we'll win this comfortably. We're finally getting most of our players back from injury. We've got an excellent squad of young and experienced players, a midfield that will match it with theirs easily. Their defence is shaky, our attack is potent, our defence is playing well, guys like Crouch are back and already dominating.......I'm just very confident we'll win this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have every reason in the world to be worried, but if we can't win this one then we won't, and don't deserve to, play finals at all.

Every pressure "away" game in the last few years have followed a very similar pattern - horrendous ball use early and at critical stages late. If we do that, we will lose.

I am going to go out on a limb here. Crows will get up in this one. 2 goals.
Tex and Jerk with 3.

As others have said, they'll come out firing - but we need to find a way to soak up the pressure (i.e. not like we did against the Bombers - where we handed them the game in the first 15 mins) and be composed about what we need to do. I'm really concerned here - I realise Swan is out, but I don't think we have a good match-up for Pendles (Kedge would've gone to him if in the side I'd think), and Beams normally gets a mountain of the ball against us. My other worries are Elliott and Blair - Brown and Laird probably good match-ups, but I'd be concerned if Jaensch gets either of them. The plus for us is the 4.40 start on a Sunday - Pies fans have not embraced this timeslot so far, so their noise levels won't be quite what they may have been in the past (we've found them hard to stop once their fans have found their voice in the past). Will be lucky to get 30K there on Sunday (downside is not many Crows fans will be there either).
My prediction is that we'll get up by around 20 points, providing we can absorb their early pressure - and it stays relatively dry - where our forwards should have the advantage.

Collingwood are seriously ordinary. If we are dinkum we should beat them comfortably.
Heard that one many times Roo32 but sadly we don't beat who we should. That's not disrespectful to the Pies...they will be frantic and full-on and we will want to bring our pressure like that infamous Thursday night.

Heard that one many times Roo32 but sadly we don't beat who we should. That's not disrespectful to the Pies...they will be frantic and full-on and we will want to bring our pressure like that infamous Thursday night.
once upon a time we did, time to start heading back there and there's no better time than now.

We have been "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory" well before this year I am afraid to say!

Some people who support a cross-town team may even deign to use the "ch*ke" word to describe us.

Utter utter Rubbish!

Collingwood come out all fired up kick 5 before we even see the ****ing ball.

Crows outplay them for the next three quarters steadily wearing them down until Vic umps see that a Crows victory
is inevitable - they give bullshit free kick to Cloke who's had one kick for the entire game - Cloke lines up from outside fifty on the boundary and slots
a bullshit goal. Ball goes back to centre with 20 secs to play - straight into Crows goal square - Eddie gets his head half ripped off in a tackle - holding the ball - collingwood clear - siren goes as Danger gathers in the centre and is tearing towards goal. Crows lose by 3 points.

OR ****ing NOT!

Crows by 23 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back