2014 NASCAR Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Marcos finished 16th ( last on lead lap )
22nd in standings

I think JJ won

Yep, Johnson won which was his second in a row. Brad Keselowski was second, Matt Kenseth third with Clint Bowyer and Denny Hamlin rounding out the top five.

Overall on points Kenseth still leads with Jeff Gordon second, Carl Edwards is third followed by Johnson with Dale Earnhardt Jnr is currently in fifth place.

Who are talking about? Owen Kelly?

Nah,Kenny Habul
He the President & CEO of a company in the USA called Sun Energy 1 and he's sponsoring the Joe Gibbs #20 car for 4 or 5 Nationwide races,which he'll drive in 2 of the 3 roads races [Road America & Mid-Ohio].
He's done the 6 Nationwide road races in the last 2 years in his own car and is usually outside the top 25.The only info I could find about his Aussie career is he drove Formula Ford between 1997-2005.

Carl Edwards won,Ambrose came 8th.
Ambrose did hit the front around lap 80 [110 lap race] but his tyres faded away on the 2 stop strategy.
He's now raced at Sonoma 7 times for 6 top 10 finishes.His only finish outside the top 10 was his very first Sprint Cup race driving the Wood Brothers #21 where he was having a top 10 run when something broke halfway thru and he had to retire and finished 43rd.

^^ replay on ONE 1.30 friday morning.

Well that was a debacle.
Rained 5 laps in , 30 min delay , then a prang.....then aBIIIIG prang.....soanother red flag......thenit rained againand i think TNT said " * this chit " and called it.

Marcos's teamate Almirola won.
Marcos 10th

Morgan Shepherd alert.......he's driving the 33 this weekend at New Hampshire and with only 43 entered he is guaranteed a start. In the 32 this week is local driver Eddie Macdonald who competes in the East Series. Jeff Burton drives the 66 so Nemechek is back in his own 87 car for the first time in a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brickyard this weekend, 46 are entered with JPM (3rd Penske car), Bayne and Matt Crafton needing to get in on speed. If any part-timer is going to spoil the party this year, one would think Montoya provided he gets in would be that man given he's always good here.

lol the " silver fox " wins his FIFTH brickyard 400 , 20 years exactly after he won the 1st ever Brickyard.

Marcos started from the back , had a brief top 10 run, finished 22nd

Win at Watkins and come home mate

Carl Edwards has announced he's leaving Roush.Hasn't announced where he's going but Joe Gibbs Racing seems to be the place.
Roush will have Biff,Bayne & Danicas bonk as their drivers in 2015.

The rumblings of Ambrose coming back to drive for a Penske/DJR V8 Supercar team are getting louder.I wouldn't be surprised if he's holding off announcing anything until after the Watkins Glen race in 2 weeks.

The rumblings of Ambrose coming back to drive for a Penske/DJR V8 Supercar team are getting louder.I wouldn't be surprised if he's holding off announcing anything until after the Watkins Glen race in 2 weeks.

Won't be joining DJR maybe BJR or FPR

Remove this Banner Ad

Back