News Limited vs Labor

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you support pissing away the profits of the largest boom in Australia's history on middle class welfare and vote buying as John Howard did? Or do you think much more should have been put away for economic stimulation for the inevitable bust?

no I don't support middle class welfare
I would much prefer our wealth go back into infrastructure and better still our most needy people in society
I am pro- creating opportunity
I do believe in putting funds aside into future funds and education funds (like the $10B raped by Rudd)
I don't believe in economic stimulation like what we saw

Oh and just for the record, the mining revenues kicked in when?

130304-mining-boom.jpg

1) I can only go by what is being communicated by the disabilities services commission. I can't believe people would put their, I love federal politics before the needs of the disabled.
2) That's the point. We don't want to feel pain so we pass it onto our kids via a debt that will take 2 or more decades to repay.
3) OK, if you think using the public purse to buy oneself a job is OK then great.
4) I don't believe in a price on carbon as it is too narrow a view on both pollution and incentive to invest to improve processes.
5) Mine too

1) You must have missed the talk that the CEO gave at the Press Club - he begs to differ.
2) Please, not this again.
3) Serious - not an advantage to have a seat?
4) Okay, lets not do anything then.

1) You must have missed the talk that the CEO gave at the Press Club - he begs to differ.

lol

the CEO of the NDIS blowing his own trumpet and performance. Who could believe that?

I would prefer to listen to the clients and the DSC

lol

the CEO of the NDIS blowing his own trumpet and performance. Who could believe that?

I would prefer to listen to the clients and the DSC
If you didn't see it, don't know how you can comment but don't let that get in the way of you commenting. In fact he was relaying facts based on users feedback, costing/funding and an update. Many participants were in the audience. But of course, you knew that before posting.

If you didn't see it, don't know how you can comment but don't let that get in the way of you commenting. In fact he was relaying facts based on users feedback, costing/funding and an update. Many participants were in the audience. But of course, you knew that before posting.

That's right.

I have only spoken with the WA departments and clients

and no, I haven't spoken to the CEO championing his own cause

Maggie, you should know by now governments do not create jobs. they can only facilitate a climate where jobs are created.

if governments create jobs, then that is a sign the government has failed to facilitate a good climate (in consideration to global events and the debt burden they have left to achieve their ends).

No, we should do something but that something has to be:
1) positive not negative
2) achieves lower pollution rather than exporting pollution and jobs overseas

And this government comes up with 'Direct Action'

I don't like the idea of direct action either.

I prefer action but I don't like the government spending tax payer $ on scams, I mean schemes.

The government's "direct action" should be limited to opening electricity trading desks and mandating organisations to supply into the quota. Then once operating properly, increase the quota and sell the desk.

https://newmatilda.com/2014/07/24/abc-biased-get-over-it
A good read on supposed ABC bias. I liked :
It is simply to state the obvious point that the kind of people who go into public broadcasting are different from the people who don’t, and that complaining that there are too few conservatives at the ABC is like complaining that there are too few vegans in the meat-packing industry.

Speaking as someone to the left of that consensus, I am no more ‘represented’ by it than the libertarian gunslingers of the IPA, who, incidentally, nobody would have heard of were it not for their frequent appearances on The Drum, Q&A, and other ABC programs.

If I choose not to carp about the fact, or bang on about ‘our taxes’, à la Senator McGrath, it’s not because I think the ABC is perfect. It’s because I think the ABC is more likely than most other Australian news sources to keep the real elites more honest than they might otherwise be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to mention he instructed his editors to show support for Tones PPL "They were encouraged to support it" so much for the crap that Rupert's editors/journos have minds of their own.

Remember, it doesn't matter if the majority of news is run by one man.
It isn't tax payer funded!
Control of society is A - OK, just don't let the damn ABC run q&a!

Remember, it doesn't matter if the majority of news is run by one man.
It isn't tax payer funded!
Control of society is A - OK, just don't let the damn ABC run q&a!

The majority of news isn't run by one man.

Murdoch runs a minority of newspapers, that the majority of newspaper readers CHOOSE to read (which the ABC competes with in the growing online space). He runs no TV news shows (unlike the ABC), no radio news shows (unlike the ABC).

Murdoch runs a minority of newspapers, that the majority of newspaper readers CHOOSE to read (which the ABC competes with in the growing online space). He runs no TV news shows (unlike the ABC), no radio news shows (unlike the ABC).
He's sold Foxtel and no longer pays for Andrew Bolt's weekly drivel? I must have missed that.

Telsor, I know you are better than this. But I will respond to your points.

11 of the 12 capital city daily papers are owned by either News Corp Australia or Fairfax Media
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_ownership_in_Australia
Minority of newspapers?

Look at the NT. Who do they have to choose to read as a newspaper? Yay for choice...

You have read the propaganda of "people wouldn't buy it, if it wasn't true".
How many people buy a newspaper for a view on politics,--- vs sports, current events, comics, non-news related information---?

He runs no TV news shows (unlike the ABC)
Who pays for the hour long Bolt report?

I am so over the accusations of ABC bias (unfounded). Were these people screaming ABC bias when they were one of the loudest voices in the Rudd/Gillard/Rudd/Gillard era?

"a person close to...."
"a Senior Minister has stated....."
"a Rudd supporter stated....."
'according to leaks from Cabinet......."
and it went on and on so that almost every program was repeating the constant leaks.
No that wasn't bias, they were just reporting facts. (or in layman's terms suited their side of politics).

Give me a break!

What did you read??
A lot of what I read was "Minister for the opposition claims that ALP did such and such" THIS IS NOW FACT!!!!!!

You must not live in Australia! ;)

Seriously, during that period, my thoughts were never of bias, just, 'boy, are Labor shooting themselves in the foot'.
This government is owned by News and resent that there is another news organisation that is trying to keep them honest.

No, you leftie, nutjob, hippie, homless, vegan! You have the choice of Murdoch's newspaper, or no newspaper!

But hopefully soon we will axe the NBN, (as we've already axed the international network) (Cross fingers that Murdoch gets the rights to running the international network....)
The point is, just because Brandis controls what you have access to via the net, and the Coalition has made sure that all Australian media is controlled by Murdoch. Doesn't mean you don't have a choice!

You can just choose to never read anything ever again. Your welcome. Heathen!
I think that we should also ban the internet in the states where News has a monopoly.

Telsor, I know you are better than this. But I will respond to your points.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_ownership_in_Australia
Minority of newspapers?

Look at the NT. Who do they have to choose to read as a newspaper? Yay for choice...

You have read the propaganda of "people wouldn't buy it, if it wasn't true".
How many people buy a newspaper for a view on politics,--- vs sports, current events, comics, non-news related information---?

Yes, he owns most of the big papers, but it's catch-22, those papers are so big (and still exist) because people read them rather than the options.

What's the circulation of the age Vs the herald sun?
If (when) The Age goes under because not enough people read it, will it be Murdoch's fault for providing a more popular choice? (OK, some of the blame goes to the ABC for competing for the left wing readership, but that's a different matter).

Who pays for the hour long Bolt report?

Forgot that one, but 1 hr at nobody watches am on Sunday is WAY different to the multiple channels the ABC has.

(and yes, he's a minority owner of Foxtel)

Seriously, during that period, my thoughts were never of bias, just, 'boy, are Labor shooting themselves in the foot'.
This government is owned by News and resent that there is another news organisation that is trying to keep them honest.

When Murdoch backed Kevin07, were you so critical of his support? Or is it just that he swung the other way when the ALP proved incompetent that you object to?

Half of the presenters & journos on Sky News are from the Murdoch stable with the Sunday Australian Agenda hour long show literally crawling with Rupert's loyal subjects from the Oz or the Daily Telegraph.

So Nodster is it just correlation or causation re Sky News being far superior to ABC?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back