D3 Division 3 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like there are many dark seasons ahead for South, they are taking the same path Chadstone did. Does anyone remember Chaddy won the D4 and D4 reserve double back in 2001..... Then it went downhill.... rapidly.

I'm pretty sure that they had 14 or 15 but then had an injury etc.

Back in the day when RC used to struggle to field a reserves team they would have senior players stand in a forward pocket for them to help out with numbers.

Going by what the players were telling me, they had a full team named on Thursday night, only for blokes who were named to not rock up on game day and letting their teammates down. I'm not sure if a bus is a viable option for every away game, but it might entice a few more who don't want to drive.

yeh i remember the D4 days when you use to dread travelling to south mornington because you knew you would be smashed, i hate seeing teams like them and Chadstone have a rough time

I'm pretty sure that they had 14 or 15 but then had an injury etc.

Back in the day when RC used to struggle to field a reserves team they would have senior players stand in a forward pocket for them to help out with numbers.

Going by what the players were telling me, they had a full team named on Thursday night, only for blokes who were named to not rock up on game day and letting their teammates down. I'm not sure if a bus is a viable option for every away game, but it might entice a few more who don't want to drive.

It was the same when we played them in the first round, one of the guys told me they'd had a full squad named and only 15 or so showed up. Pretty rough on the blokes that make the effort to get there and then have to suffer through those big losses.

SFX @ AOC - Big game.. .with Dimma back SFX look dangerous again. A loss by aquinas would see them fall back into the pack.
NB @ UHS - Big game ... UHS have been struggling lately, and need a win to assert themselves.
ESL @ SM - SM will struggle to win a game. They just don't have the numbers.
PH @ LT - Would have been considered a close game a few weeks ago, but PH are proving stronger each week.
SU @ AP - AP seem to have found their feet since moving back home. Swinburne have been up and down. Should be close.
RC @ EP - Both teams are out of form. A win is crucial for both to stay in the hunt, and avoid relegation.

Considering the forecast of rain and hail... pretty much every game could go either way. The bigger bodied teams should have the edge.

whoever picked Albert Park over Su was a good choice, Albert Park seem to be that team that can lose and win to everyone, therefore a dangerous finals team

I thought there was a rule that you had to have at least 14 or 15 players?
Minimum is 16 players. My club lent Richmond Central a few players a few years ago just to give those who turned up a game of footy. Not a great thing forfeits. Some on the loan blokes also got injured for their trouble. :-(

Minimum is 16 players. My club lent Richmond Central a few players a few years ago just to give those who turned up a game of footy. Not a great thing forfeits. Some on the loan blokes also got injured for their trouble. :-(

You might want to check that. Otherwise, we played a game that shouldn't have started 2 weeks ago. Umpire said 14. We delayed the start by 10mins and shortened quarters to accommodate a late arrival by the 14th player.

Confirmed in VAFA Rules.

RESPONSIBILITIES OF CLUBS IN PREMIERSHIP MATCHES
72. Each Club represented in each premiership match shall be responsible to:-
(i) Ensure the team to take the field to represent the Club consists of at least
fourteen players

Confirmed in VAFA Rules.

RESPONSIBILITIES OF CLUBS IN PREMIERSHIP MATCHES
72. Each Club represented in each premiership match shall be responsible to:-
(i) Ensure the team to take the field to represent the Club consists of at least
fourteen players

Perhaps there should be a rule that the opposition should not be able to start more than 2 players more than the team that is short.

ie... One team starts with 14... The other must start with 16 (and 6 on the bench)...

I would support that rule... A 4 man difference is not a game of footy, its a training drill.

You might want to check that. Otherwise, we played a game that shouldn't have started 2 weeks ago. Umpire said 14. We delayed the start by 10mins and shortened quarters to accommodate a late arrival by the 14th player.
I'm probably confusing the age restriction of 16 years instead. My bad. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See the courageous, helmeted one [loves to hit from behind] played his first game for North Old Boys today. No loss to Latrobe.

AOC @ UHS - Aquinas have been up and down lately, but UHS have lost 4 straight...
ESL @ RC (Victoria Park) - Go Snakes
SM @ AP - AP have a fairly easy run home, expect them to make the finals.
NB @ PH - NB may struggle in the mud.
LT @ SU - Home field advantage.
SFX @ EP - Could go either way.

AOC @ UHS - Aquinas have been up and down lately, but UHS have lost 4 straight...
ESL @ RC (Victoria Park) - Go Snakes
SM @ AP - AP have a fairly easy run home, expect them to make the finals.
NB @ PH - NB may struggle in the mud.
LT @ SU - Home field advantage.
SFX @ EP - Could go either way.

ESL vs RC The animals are the best team in D3 at the moment, RC are hanging on with 5 others for the last 2 spots, have a handy %. ESL by 45
AP vs SM the second hottest team in D3, AP to inject their % with a massive boost if they are to stay in the hunt 100+
PH vs NB Powerhouse just dont kick enough goals for mine, NB to bounce back after an even first half, NB by 36
UHS vs AQ UHS have slumped to 9th with a % of only 89 and injuries a factor, Need to win games like this otherwise its curtains for 2014, Aquinas have a stronger form line & will win by 20points
SU vs LT The razors have been off the boil, but bounced back last week away from home. Latrobe smacked SM, but SU are a different proposition especuially at home, SU by 21 points
EP vs SFX The sharks ave been good at home, and SFX are like Jeckyl & Hyde. EP by 8points to keep their slim finals hopes alive with word their FF might be back.

On a side note LU senior coach now playing with NOB's, jumped or pushed?

ESL vs RC The animals are the best team in D3 at the moment, RC are hanging on with 5 others for the last 2 spots, have a handy %. ESL by 45
AP vs SM the second hottest team in D3, AP to inject their % with a massive boost if they are to stay in the hunt 100+
PH vs NB Powerhouse just dont kick enough goals for mine, NB to bounce back after an even first half, NB by 36
UHS vs AQ UHS have slumped to 9th with a % of only 89 and injuries a factor, Need to win games like this otherwise its curtains for 2014, Aquinas have a stronger form line & will win by 20points
SU vs LT The razors have been off the boil, but bounced back last week away from home. Latrobe smacked SM, but SU are a different proposition especuially at home, SU by 21 points
EP vs SFX The sharks ave been good at home, and SFX are like Jeckyl & Hyde. EP by 8points to keep their slim finals hopes alive with word their FF might be back.

On a side note LU senior coach now playing with NOB's, jumped or pushed?

LU old coached jumped ship

Today's Games:
UHS-VU - Aquinas
Albert Park
- South Mornington
Power House - Northern Blues
Swinburne Uni
- La Trobe Uni
Richmond - Emmaus St Leos
Eley Park - St Francis Xavier

10 wins gets you in the finals. 9, you'll be lucky.
Great game at Vic Park today. The snakes led pretty much all day, with ESL storming home in the last quarter. It went goal for goal, very exciting.

what do you make of richmond?
they have a really rough stretch and then they come close to beating the in-form team of the comp somehow
Them vs northen will be a good game this week considering they were all over them last time they played

So onto this week.
what do you make of richmond?
they have a really rough stretch and then they come close to beating the in-form team of the comp somehow
Them vs northen will be a good game this week considering they were all over them last time they played

Some good games alright. IF RC lose this week, they could be 2 games from the 6, % being their only positive. They need a result as do PH,UHS both with poor %. AP will be eyeing 4th spot especially if Aquinas stumble. SU vs UHS also another big game.

SFX will feel the loss of Specncer to suspension.
Aquinas need Williams back, not sure of the extent of his lay off?

Winners
Aquinas by 16
PH by 83
ESL by 14
SU by 19
NB by 8
AP by 11

LT @ AOC - Aquinas at home.
PH @ SM
ESL @ SFX - ESL too strong.
UHS @ SU - Close game, could go either way... Home team again.
RC @ NB - Nearly a must win for the Snakes.
AP @ EP - EP have caused a few upsets. Not this week though.

If the games all go that way, RC will be back in 6th... Go Snakes!

So onto this week.

SFX will feel the loss of Specncer to suspension.
Aquinas need Williams back, not sure of the extent of his lay off?

Not quite sure how Spencer got suspended in the first place. Clearly going to spoil in a contest and collected him high. Nothing more than a free kick in my opinion and I'm from EPFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back