Changes v Brisbane (R19): Terlich in for Grimes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
More importantly he might've developed a bit of class and sportsmanship with us.

Nothing wrong with giving Boomer Harvey a bit of lip in the moment. That was terribly over-analyzed.

Depends on what he said. If it was something homophobic there's really no place for it in the game.

Hadn't heard anything about that. Is Boomer gay?

Hadn't heard anything about that. Is Boomer gay?

No, but reports are that he used a homophobic slur in amongst his shot at Harvey (which was after the siren).

Bit of a no-no at AFL level these days - treated similarly to racial vilification.

He has a wife - lovely lady I believe. Here is an article about her;

THE partner of Kangaroos footy star Brent Harvey has been charged with seven counts of assault after she allegedly punched an off-duty policewoman at a children's play centre.

If we lose this and saints get over the suns, we'll be the wooden spooners.

If we lose this and saints get over the suns, we'll be the wooden spooners.

We also play GWS. Lose v Brizzy and GWS and St Kilda beat the Suns, then we'll be adding to the cutlery drawer.

We'll beat Brisbane and GWS, and might even snag a 3rd win vs WCE.

Way I see it, best case scenario is somehow we win 4/5 (Hawks game only loss), worst case is we win 1/5 (GWS). Confident of at least two wins on what we've shown this year.

Cant really chalk us up for a win against GWS even with all their injuries... They have had it over us the last three times we played them. It was only a freak quarter from Jack Watts that beat them last year.

Way i figure it we could go 5/5 (if the hawks rest up a heap of players before their last three games) or bad as 0/5

We'll beat Brisbane and GWS, and might even snag a 3rd win vs WCE.

Way I see it, best case scenario is somehow we win 4/5 (Hawks game only loss), worst case is we win 1/5 (GWS). Confident of at least two wins on what we've shown this year.

GWS

I saw GWS v Gee match - based on that, I wouldn't be so sure of a GWS win; GWS were competitive until the last minute in that match.

If Patton and Boyd play as well as they did vs Geelong, Melbourne is going to get towelled up against GWS.

vs Roos - we never beat these dickheads. Loss.
vs BL - prob 40% chance of winning, BL big win against GC in Q clash.
vs WCE - always seem to get beaten. Loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expect to beat GWS at the MCG, and Brisbane at Etihad is a great chance for us to break the Etihad curse, I know they've been in good form lately, but like all young / crap teams (like us) they won't keep it up. We've got this.

Both games are coin flips. GWS and Brisbane are both young and inconsistent sides, but we're capable of terrible football as well. Depends which one turns up on the day, how many s**t quarters we put together, yada yada yada.

goggle it
Is that like Bing?

It's nice to know that we're at least a chance v WC and North. If Richmond can win over there surely we can too. Our midfield probably rates about the same as WC's actually on form, and their forward line isn't performing up to its potential. The games in Adelaide this year suggest that playing interstate isn't such a problem for us as it has been in the past, where we'd get thrashed not only by top 4 teams but also mid-table sides.

North is less likely, but hopefully we can be one of the sides they've choked against this year.

I would be happy to forgo any other possible wins for this season, including the brisbane game, if we could somehow beat Hawthorn

No, but reports are that he used a homophobic slur in amongst his shot at Harvey (which was after the siren).

Bit of a no-no at AFL level these days - treated similarly to racial vilification.

He has a wife - lovely lady I believe. Here is an article about her;
These "reports" are just what someone thinks. Unless he was miked up, which he wasn't, then it is heresay. Obviously some "reporter" had a slow day and needed a story and so made a complete tale up.

These "reports" are just what someone thinks. Unless he was miked up, which he wasn't, then it is heresay. Obviously some "reporter" had a slow day and needed a story and so made a complete tale up.

I find it hard to believe a reporter with great journalistic integrity would stoop to fabricating details or taking liberties with a story to sell newspapers. Or get internetty clicks. Clearly Rockliff must have racially and sexually vilified Harvey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back