No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-29/cats-coach-scott-slams-afl-free-agency/5632412?section=sport

Geelong coach Chris Scott has launched an extraordinary attack on the AFL's free agency system, saying he and the club do not support it.
The Cats were victims of the most high-profile defection since free agency's introduction when Brownlow medallist Gary Ablett left for Gold Coast.
Several raiding attempts later - from the chief executive to the chef - it is clear the Cats are no fan of the system, and Scott believes he is not alone.
"I don't think there are many people, maybe apart from some of the players, that like free agency," Scott said.
"The easiest solution is to abolish free agency.
"The AFL is working really hard with the clubs and all stakeholders to equalise the competition and give everyone a fair chance ... (and) free agency flies squarely in the face of that."
Declaring free agency part of "the era that we live in", Scott was clear in his disdain for what the system has done for Geelong.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-29/cats-coach-scott-slams-afl-free-agency/5632412?section=sport

Geelong coach Chris Scott has launched an extraordinary attack on the AFL's free agency system, saying he and the club do not support it.
The Cats were victims of the most high-profile defection since free agency's introduction when Brownlow medallist Gary Ablett left for Gold Coast.
Several raiding attempts later - from the chief executive to the chef - it is clear the Cats are no fan of the system, and Scott believes he is not alone.
"I don't think there are many people, maybe apart from some of the players, that like free agency," Scott said.
"The AFL is working really hard with the clubs and all stakeholders to equalise the competition and give everyone a fair chance ... (and) free agency flies squarely in the face of that."
Declaring free agency part of "the era that we live in", Scott was clear in his disdain for what the system has done for Geelong.

He needs to compare what they got for Ablett in comparison to what we got for Franklin.

Free Agency would be all fine and dandy if they abolished compensation or at the very least actually made it truly reflective of the players worth and not tied into irrelevant variables like ladder position AND if all clubs were just as vulnerable to losing players to it (ie. Gold Coast and GWS not having been around long enough to have any players that can be lost via FA and Sydney Swans having salary cap concessions which make it easier for them to defend poachings and also make more of their own).

Solution would be that Gold Coast and GWS aren't eligible to sign Free Agents (not including delisted FAs) until they've been in the competition long enough for their first batch of players to become eligible themselves. And clubs that have restricted FAs poached by Sydney only have to match the non-COLA portion of the contract.

after finding out that frawley wont be going to geelong, he reverts to type and has a whinge.

It seems like Chris has cracked the sads because no one wants to live in Geelong :)

Got a win/win scenario coming up for this weeks Bombres & Cola's. Scenario 1: Bombers beat Swans, put's us a game clear. Scenario 2: Swans beat Bombers, god knows i love watching the scum get beaten. Can't lose!

Got a win/win scenario coming up for this weeks Bombres & Cola's. Scenario 1: Bombers beat Swans, put's us a game clear. Scenario 2: Swans beat Bombers, god knows i love watching the scum get beaten. Can't lose!
It's like Hitler V Bin Laden.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just spent some time on the Geelong board. Skimmed through several pages, and the hate for our club, colours and players is so ammusing. I would guess the average age of their posters is in around 10 or 11.

I know now where to go whenever I need a lift. No need to take uppers anymore.

You just know you're gonna need a Phenyl bath after every visit!

Anyone remember the gloating from Collingwood supporters after the 2012 off season?

Traded out Dawes and Wellingham for 18 & 20. Brought in Lynch and Young to replace them. Draft Broomhead, Kennedy and Grundy.(and Jordan Russell!)

Lynch and Young turn out to be failures. Kennedy and Broomhead could be poached by SA clubs and Grundy is sitting behind Witts in the VFL.(would be behind Ceglar as well if they didn't delist him)

The media circus over the latest MRP 'scoundrel' more & more resembles an old Medieval punishment of putting said player into the 'stocks' in the local town market place for everyone to toss their garbage at....'Scape-Goatism' encapsulating the worst aspects of humanity.

FWIW I reckon Vickery has been harshly done by here....Sure he should have copped his right 'whack' but I notice that Cox's head collected his Hip on the way down & reckon THAT was the cause for his concussion & not the initial hit....Very surprised this 'FACT' has not been given more acknowledgement....I would have been fine with 3 weeks down to 2.

This whole Monday media circus is becoming as distasteful as it is embarrassing.....The media-ites purging their own guilt & shame!

The media circus over the latest MRP 'scoundrel' more & more resembles an old Medieval punishment of putting said player into the 'stocks' in the local town market place for everyone to toss their garbage at....'Scape-Goatism' encapsulating the worst aspects of humanity.

FWIW I reckon Vickery has been harshly done by here....Sure he should have copped his right 'whack' but I notice that Cox's head collected his Hip on the way down & reckon THAT was the cause for his concussion & not the initial hit....Very surprised this 'FACT' has not been given more acknowledgement....I would have been fine with 3 weeks down to 2.

This whole Monday media circus is becoming as distasteful as it is embarrassing.....The media-ites purging their own guilt & shame!
No, he copped his right punishment IMO. The MRP don't fu*k up every decision, just some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back