No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brendan Boulton, Andy Colins and Jed Anderson spoke last night before the game and each of them sent shivers down my spine. Bolts and Jedi made me especially excited about how the team manages the young players and makes them feel an integral part of the club. One thing I didn't know was that Jed and Cyril have a family connection back in Darwin - Jed stayed with Cyril when he first came to Melbourne. He also said he might be ready to play in a couple of weeks, depending on what the doctors say. Seems to be champing at the bit to get back into playing mode.

well damn, things just keep getting better.........:cool:

I respect Ed for he is passionate and is prepared to call a spade a spade and speak some home truths…yes he is a collingwood flog but i admire his love and passion and overall he has been magnificent for collingwood football club and turned the whole organisation into a professional unit

I too don't mind eddy and while he does have the best interests of the pies first and foremost he also genuinely loves the game so when he does open his mouth he normally is on the money. It's also amusing watching him and newbold Taking it in turns to pot Sydney - seems they are forging a pretty strong, united front

So I was watching gameday on 7 and they show a game young Kieran Jack played in. He kicked the winning goal.

Something caught my eye and I didn't know why....then a certain corrupt AFL umpire, who kept Sydney in the contest last night...also helped young Kieran at Pennant Hillls get over the line.
14750878834_9704773041_b_d.jpg

Young Troy Pannell, known hawthorn hater. Very happy with himself once again.

The AFL fix failed again. Good always beats evil by 9.8%

This must have been before Jack ever registered for the draft......

Oh that's right he never registered for the draft. How did he play for the $wans on Saturday you ask? Good question.

LOL, Was going to say pancake, but a crepe is traditionally flatter than a pancake.....and he looked really flat!!!

I would say that they are probably as flat as each other, but a crepe is thinner than a pancake.

If you have seen Ed lately you wouldn't be relating him to anything thin.

Would be funny if the Pies lost Kennedy and Broomhead to the SA clubs after giving up Dawes and Wellingham to bring them in.

I too don't mind eddy and while he does have the best interests of the pies first and foremost he also genuinely loves the game so when he does open his mouth he normally is on the money. It's also amusing watching him and newbold Taking it in turns to pot Sydney - seems they are forging a pretty strong, united front
Yep, Eddie set things up by saying what everyone thinks then Newbold finished it off with cold hard logic. Newbold has class.

As he says, you can't ask clubs like Hawthorn and Collingwood to pay huge "tax" bills toward equalisation when it ain't equal. Eliminate CoLA and ambassadorial payments, allow all teams to have academies and put a market price on the recruits then all is fair. Putting it this way made the Swan's chairman, Pridham, look like a spoiled brat.

I had the pleasure of listening to John Kennedy Senior speak today at a private function in Camberwell (Vic).
Legend.
The MC at the function had no idea, couldn't even figure out how to use the microphone. Lost the audience. People started chatting.
Introduced John, who waved off the microphone handed his way and without asking, the audience shut up. His loud voice, without effort, filled the hall and he spoke wonderfully. He told a lovely story and had the audience in the palm of his hand. He used a few pauses and raised his voice on a few occasions and I could just imagine him raising his voice in the rooms at half time when he was coaching the hawks.
I have spoken to a few fringe North players from his time there and they all played out of their skins for him. I can see why, fantastic man!

I had a chat to him, he was happy the hawks won last night and think they will go far this year.
Has anyone else had the chance to hear John speak? Were you as impressed as I was?
Never have had the chance to hear Kanga speak, but when I was playing under 18's Allan Jeans came to my club, and spoke to us before training, hours before he was to do a speaking engagement for the chamber of commerce.
He told us about the courage that Derm had, the fierceness of his sides, and raised his voice to a level that widened your eyes a little more than they already were.
Every single one of us left that room with the hair standing up on the back of their neck. We got the track hard, trained that night like we played, and like never before I completely understood why Yabby was so revered.

One thing I didn't know was that Jed and Cyril have a family connection back in Darwin - Jed stayed with Cyril when he first came to Melbourne. He also said he might be ready to play in a couple of weeks, depending on what the doctors say. Seems to be champing at the bit to get back into playing mode.

Perhaps Agent Smith might wish to re-visit a certain thread.
;)

I take it you don't follow Richmond closely. This is standard fare for tiggers supporters year after year - start off with lots of promise (getting supporter's hopes high) then crumble into a heap when the season is on the line, and once the season is over and the pressure is off, start winning games again to just fall short of the finals and finish ninth.

It happens year after year. Rinse and repeat. I guess this is why some Richmond quarters are actually happy in a way with what Vickery did - show some balls. They've been playing eunuch football for 30 odd years. No wonder their memberships get microwaved year after year. It must be tough to be a tigger, no doubt. Bit of a laugh for everyone else though...
liked for eunuch :thumbsu:

Any one catch John Kennedy Jnr on Open Mike last nite? Well worth a watch. Should be replayed a few times this week. Was surprised to hear he kicked 211 goals. Pretty impressive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know where I can find Champion Data online? I listened to RSN this morning, they were interviewing Poppy, and they told him that he was on top of two sections, in Champion data, Poppy didn't know he was, he was rapt to hear it.Anywhere I can find it, looked everywhere, I guess you have to pay for the data..Thanks

Any one catch John Kennedy Jnr on Open Mike last nite? Well worth a watch. Should be replayed a few times this week. Was surprised to hear he kicked 211 goals. Pretty impressive.

I have taped it - looking forward to viewing tonight.

He was a seriously good player -- 6 foot 2 , barrel chested and mobile -- the eighties version of Birchall. Was probably our best in the 1983 GF , both he and Robertson were good but everyone kept getting them mixed up and some JKjr votes went to CR I think.

Does anyone know where I can find Champion Data online? I listened to RSN this morning, they were interviewing Poppy, and they told him that he was on top of two sections, in Champion data, Poppy didn't know he was, he was rapt to hear it.Anywhere I can find it, looked everywhere, I guess you have to pay for the data..Thanks

I am pretty sure it was hit outs and contested marks ... :p

I have noticed this as well. Can only help the Pies to seek such a powerful ally as Hawthorn.

Just spent some time on the Geelong board. Skimmed through several pages, and the hate for our club, colours and players is so ammusing. I would guess the average age of their posters is in around 10 or 11.

I know now where to go whenever I need a lift. No need to take uppers anymore.

Round 23 and hawks play collingwood on Friday night
Another 6 day break
Who would of thought the two outspoken clubs would get screwed again
Both have a short break so that's fair but it also means a minimum 7 day break for our first final. Best case scenario in my opinion.

Round 23 and hawks play collingwood on Friday night
Another 6 day break
Who would of thought the two outspoken clubs would get screwed again
Unless percentage is an issue this won't matter much.

Collingwood are putting the cue in the rack as we speak. Once another 1-2 key players finish up early for operations and injury we'll face a fairly impotent side by then and have a 7 or 8 day break guaranteed into the first final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back