Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talia is a fifty backman. Not in a Ty Vickery way but he manhandles his opponent more than any other backman. I hope the umps start to notice him more.
A good defender is one who can get away with that stuff, the rules don't allow them much else.

Speaking of dream finals I heard some crows supporter in the lift today telling a mate that if it is a Port v Crows final it's a home state final so both clubs' members get equal access to tickets the moment they go on sale.
Is this what happens in Victoria if say Hawthorn have a home final against Collingwood or WA with Fremantle and West Coast?

I'd rather play the Crows than any other top 8 tea, in the finals. They are by far the weakest of the seven.

I'd rather play a club like Essendon or North Melbourne and get some serious payback for a couple of games this year. It would also mean every Port member who wants a ticket will pretty much get one.

I'd rather play a club like Essendon or North Melbourne and get some serious payback for a couple of games this year. It would also mean every Port member who wants a ticket will pretty much get one.
I want the team we can beat to get to the next round.

the % is skewed in the home teams favor I'm pretty sure, not by much but enough that you've earnt a majority crowd
Don't think that is right, tickets become available to competing clubs members at the same time. Only a percentage GF tickets are allocated to the clubs based on membership numbers

I want the team we can beat to get to the next round.

Which is any of them. We should beat any team below us. I think the crows with a 50/50 crowd split could be the toughest assignment of those options tbh.

Anyway, I'm focussed on finishing top 4. Everything else can take care of itself.

This was my understanding on how it works, also isn't the percentage of seats each club is allocated dependant on the number of members (the AFL audited figure) each club has.
Tickets for the first week of finals will go on sale to all eligible members of both clubs on the Monday before the game. First in, best dressed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

back on topic.. and its a serious question...

do MMM actually have any Port players on as guests on their sports show? Every week they have Tex Walker and Sam Jacobs on different nights but im yet to hear any Port players on at all

MMM used to be ok with Roo and Ditts but its now pretty much 5AA mk2 now and Jars is pretty much a bald Rowe

back on topic.. and its a serious question...

do MMM actually have any Port players on as guests on their sports show? Every week they have Tex Walker and Sam Jacobs on different nights but im yet to hear any Port players on at all

MMM used to be ok with Roo and Ditts but its now pretty much 5AA mk2 now and Jars is pretty much a bald Rowe

Port Adelaide players have better things to do than sit through inane questions from two sets of clowns...like preparing for finals. It's bad enough they are obligated to do interviews with 5AA.

Talia is a fifty backman. Not in a Ty Vickery way but he manhandles his opponent more than any other backman. I hope the umps start to notice him more.

Darren Glass was the same. It's bloody frustrating.

Meanwhile, anyone catch what Sandough said about him on On The Couch monday night? Something like "He is clearly the AA fullback this year". He really is a special kind of special our sandough

Can never trust anyone who uses 'Port Power'... Want of this book now gone down 10 places...
I don't understand the BigFooty obsession with not using the term "Port Power". Is the aversion due to it being some kind of Bay 13 sledge here? Because as far as I'm aware large numbers of Port Adelaide supporters use the term regularly with no hangups about it and I'd never heard of it being an issue before coming here.

Meanwhile, anyone catch what Sandough said about him on On The Couch monday night? Something like "He is clearly the AA fullback this year". He really is a special kind of special our sandough

Our Sando also locked Jacobs in as the ruckman and Sloane on a wing in an interview before the Collingwood game. Surely with all of these great individuals in the side the Crows must be a top 4 certainty? Especially with their 'A-grade midfield' who he wouldn't trade for any other midfield, and with their forward line that is the 'envy of the competition'.

The stark contrast between him and Kern is amazing. You couldn't have two more different personalities in two coaches, and those two are cross-town rivals. I'm very grateful that we have a coach who tries to keep our players grounded and keep a team focus rather than a coach who pumps up individuals whenever possible. Hinkley interacts with the media like a real coach, Sanderson interacts with the media like a 5AA talkback caller who won a competition to be the coach of his favourite AFL team for a week.

I don't understand the BigFooty obsession with not using the term "Port Power". Is the aversion due to it being some kind of Bay 13 sledge here? Because as far as I'm aware large numbers of Port Adelaide supporters use the term regularly with no hangups about it and I'd never heard of it being an issue before coming here.

Firstly, the club felt it enough of an issue to erase it from the logo and the song in 2000 because too many in the industry were getting confused in believing it was actually 'Port Power Football Club' when it never had been. 'Port Power' was only ever supposed to be mascot branding only.

Secondly, it was hit upon as one of the smoking guns that the club 'wasn't the real/true Port'. "Port Power, not Port Adelaide" has been said by the average punter and certain dickheads in the media alike, let alone by the army of Bay 13 revisionists here.

Again, it's the club itself that originally forbade 'Port Power', we here just wholeheartedly agree with that edict and the reasoning behind it.

Firstly, the club felt it enough of an issue to erase it from the logo and the song in 2000 because too many in the industry were getting confused in believing it was actually 'Port Power Football Club' when it never had been. 'Port Power' was only ever supposed to be mascot branding only.

Secondly, it was hit upon as one of the smoking guns that the club 'wasn't the real/true Port'. "Port Power, not Port Adelaide" has been said by the average punter and certain dickheads in the media alike, let alone by the army of Bay 13 revisionists here.

Again, it's the club itself that originally forbade 'Port Power', we here just wholeheartedly agree with that edict and the reasoning behind it.

What he said

CrucifixToVampire.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back