News 2014 Geelong guernseys and apparel - new 'premiership guernsey' to be worn in Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have been much better if at the time of releasing the jumper, the club also released the background information and the meaning to the jumper. While it's not my favourite jumper I have seen the club released, reading about the significance behind it and what it means to our Indigenous players, I can appreciate what it represents without actually having to love it. Also good to read about why we are wearing it again in Rnd 16:

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2014-05-26/cats-indigenous-guernsey
I really hope the Close the Gap initiative gets the publicity it deserves in round 16.

It's just so alarming that in our developed "lucky country" the gap between life expectancy for indigenous and non-indigenous people is still so large. Astoundingly, we're on par with Nepal in that regard. Great to see the Cats on board with it :thumbsu:.

There's no doubt it's the best indigenous guernsey the club has ever had...

I was thinking serious of getting one. But after the team got flogged by 110 points in that jumper I just don't think that I want to be reminded of it. It will now be the minus 110 jumper to me.

I was thinking serious of getting one. But after the team got flogged by 110 points in that jumper I just don't think that I want to be reminded of it. It will now be the minus 110 jumper to me.

It's probably worth taking that margin off the original cost of the guernsey now. In which case you would be paid for the 'privilege' of wearing it!

https://thecatsshoponline.com.au/premiership-guernsey-1
Commemorative Premiership Guernsey
URL]]

Players whom have played in...

(Facepalm)

It's an interesting piece, but I'm always a bit circumspect about that sort of memorabillia, that it could actually be out of date in two months (see Geelong's decade of domination 2000-2010 DVD). Not that I'm expecting it, but it would be like having a Brisbane Lions back to back 01-02 Premiers guernsey. I reckon I'll pass.

(Facepalm)

It's an interesting piece, but I'm always a bit circumspect about that sort of memorabillia, that it could actually be out of date in two months (see Geelong's decade of domination 2000-2010 DVD). Not that I'm expecting it, but it would be like having a Brisbane Lions back to back 01-02 Premiers guernsey. I reckon I'll pass.
I'm the same way. I recently purchased a premiership sportsprint with all our premiership teams on it. The only reason I got it was that it was $144 cheaper than what the club was charging for it.

(Facepalm)

"Graham “Poly” Farmer"

$239 is a ridiculous price too.

Not to mention that ideally (meaning we win the flag this year) it would be redundant within two months.

"Graham “Poly” Farmer"

$239 is a ridiculous price too.

Not to mention that ideally (meaning we win the flag this year) it would be redundant within two months.

Couldn't agree more. The Cats were big on milestone memorabillia a couple of years back, when it seemed like we had a couple of 100/150/200/250 milestones coming up every month. I mean, what's the point of getting a 'Joel Selwood - 100 games' framed piece, when he'd probably have to be kidnapped to not double that mark (as an absolute minimum), he'd be very short odds to get to 250 and 300 is definitely in sight.

If they'd released those guernseys in the anniversary year, it would be a bit more understandable (though, of course, there'd be far less names on the guernsey and no gold names, as I understand it). Apart from that, I'm more of a believer in getting individual things to commemorate each individual year, so nothing ever becomes obsolete.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand the clubs logic when it comes to producing these sorts of items. The timing is the worst part - Wouldn't you hold off until Oct/Nov/Dec and have a crack at selling these over the Christmas period.

And if we win the flag they won't even be able to clear these at below cost price. Much like the 2010 "Limited Edition' Gold Logo Guernsey.

They should focus their energy on creating decent casual wear / supporter wear than worry about this sort of thing.

I don't understand the clubs logic when it comes to producing these sorts of items. The timing is the worst part - Wouldn't you hold off until Oct/Nov/Dec and have a crack at selling these over the Christmas period.

And if we win the flag they won't even be able to clear these at below cost price. Much like the 2010 "Limited Edition' Gold Logo Guernsey.

They should focus their energy on creating decent casual wear / supporter wear than worry about this sort of thing.
I guess people buy it and they make a buck.

Not that I buy any of this crap.
But it's interesting that Carter wants the AFL to recognise the VFA premierships yet Geelong won't put the names on the jumper.

Not that I buy any of this crap.
But it's interesting that Carter wants the AFL to recognise the VFA premierships yet Geelong won't put the names on the jumper.
We don't even have the years listed on our 'Premiership Stand':

IMG_0062_zps8181d0ee.jpg

Posted this on the main bored not long ago but figured I'd throw it up in here as well. Still have plenty to go to 'complete' the collection but slowly getting there. Would love to have 2 of everything but if anyone has something I don't have (07/09/10 Clash, 10 Just Think, 03/04/06/07 Heritage, 07/09/11 GF) I'm always open to trade offers.

View attachment 70772 View attachment 70773 View attachment 70774
Your place must stink real bad :( ;)
Just a thought- hang onto that Menzel one- if you can get a hold of a worn and sweaty one, then you'll be a lucky man!!

To be honest I don't mind the idea of the premiership one. But not at $240 bucks, its more something that should be aimed at kids. You know running around the school yard with it on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back