Autopsy Rd 19 Carlton v Fremantle Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm happy with the way they played, we have shown vast improvement over the year. Yes mistakes are still happening, but they have improved. We are hitting more targets, creating more opportunities and showing we can kick goals! I guess the biggest positive we can all take away from the lose is a better draft pick for one of the dream trades everyone keeps throwing around.

Listening to the radio. They reminded me of the acknowledgement of the plane crash victims, that were Freo supporter. In a situation like that, with those emotions, it's appropriate that it gets topped off with a win to the relevant team. With that in mind, I'm ok with the football gods denying us the win.

They better make up for it next year though, or I won't be happy and will seek my revenge! :mad:

The most annoying aspect of last night for me is that if we played like the last 2 weeks for the rest of the year we'd be looking at a top 8 finish.

Good to see a buy in from the boys and the way they are starting to stand together like a team. Skills lost it for us.

How often does Cas drop those marks? Doc bomb it out out he full? Yarran have poor kicking?

If we can continue this buy in team effort from everyone on the list it will fast track some of our younger players to step into the side and we will be back to finals next year.

More happy than upset by this loss, deserved the win based on effort and intensity not skill.

Must admit I was thinking exactly the same in terms of hurt factor and penetration with his kicking from the parts I seen tonight (mostly second half).

Always wants to kick sideways or backwards as well. I realise we were playing a heavy switching game tonight, but none of Daisy's kicks were switches that opened up the play. They were just 20-30m chips that held up the play and let the Dockers stream back into our space.

While the missed opportunities in the 2&3 were costly, I think we went into our shells in the last quarter. We only had 50 odd possessions. 3 players didn't touch it and Simpson who was great in the first 3 quarters only had 1 possession. 2 of the 3 goals came from fortunate umpiring. Freo also missed numerous easy shots at goal.

We seemed to lack run. McLean was poor choice as sub. We lacked pace and could have done with Lucas, Garlett or Armfield.

Juddy (despite the giant knob David King giving him 3 votes) did very little when he came back on in the second half. We missed him winning clearances.

Had we won the game we would have been lucky given how we played that last quarter.

Always wants to kick sideways or backwards as well. I realise we were playing a heavy switching game tonight, but none of Daisy's kicks were switches that opened up the play. They were just 20-30m chips that held up the play and let the Dockers stream back into our space.
To be fair he's not the only one.

With Daisy it may be a bit of a confidence thing too and who knows, Mick may be happy for Dale to play that way and rack up some of those touches to get his confidence in both his body and disposal in a team he's still fully adjusting to.

The Daisy I remember playing for Collingwood at his best could provide a _lot_ of hurt.

Judd showed the footy world that he is still a true legend.

#givehima5yearcontract

Make it 10.

I am convinced he will play on for a couple more years at least. Just because he's taking it 1 year at a time does not mean he wants to retire. And besides his fantastic return from injury, I still see a lot of desire in him still.

There's still a lot more to see from Juddy, get ready for 2015!

Make it 10.

I am convinced he will play on for a couple more years at least. Just because he's taking it 1 year at a time does not mean he wants to retire. And besides his fantastic return from injury, I still see a lot of desire in him still.

There's still a lot more to see from Juddy, get ready for 2015!
That's what I love about Juddy.

People can say he's a mercenary, only wants the money etc. all they want, but every time I see that bloke run out onto the field, I see a man who is extremely competitive and has huge will to just win at all costs. Have him off the ground, you can see him raring to go and I can remember the time he was sub against the Dogs... gee, unfortunately he got injured, but he burst out there in a whirlwind of frenetic energy.

Watched the second half. casboult marks, and docherty keeps the ball in and game over.

I'm sorry Mebby, but yeah Doc even finds that contest on the commentary wing and the game is pretty much ours.
Feel for Doc to be honest. Has had a terrific year after coming off an injury in the preseason. He just had one of those nights last night.

Still, our improvement over the last 2 games has been very good. Gives us something to work with next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what I love about Juddy.

People can say he's a mercenary, only wants the money etc. all they want, but every time I see that bloke run out onto the field, I see a man who is extremely competitive and has huge will to just win at all costs. Have him off the ground, you can see him raring to go and I can remember the time he was sub against the Dogs... gee, unfortunately he got injured, but he burst out there in a whirlwind of frenetic energy.

Tell Lethal that. ;)

On his game last night, he simply has to play on.
And so should Waite.
If Waite can hold up injury-wise, mostly, he should have absolutely no problem playing on. He may be in his 30's but as far as I can tell, he's moving as well as he ever has. Last night I couple of his don't argues and spins out of trouble were Buddy like. The kick, not so much so :p but we know what Waite brings to the team.

Heck of a player when his mindset is in the right place. I thought a couple of years ago after the knee injury he'd lost his turning circle and agility, but doesn't seem to be the case, although it took some time for him to get going properly in that regard. Something we need to remember with Kreuzer.

Tell Lethal that. ;)
Lethal's like one of those old guys who were a big deal once upon a time but age has well and truly caught up - moments of great clarity and logic... other times just plain old senile. Think Lethal is the latter this time ;)

I'm sorry Mebby, but yeah Doc even finds that contest on the commentary wing and the game is pretty much ours.
Feel for Doc to be honest. Has had a terrific year after coming off an injury in the preseason. He just had one of those nights last night.

Still, our improvement over the last 2 games has been very good. Gives us something to work with next year.

Don't apologise. He ****ed up, and I'm sure he knows about it.

I'm ok with the loss I have all my nails and my tv is intact.

Could we make Tuohy into a midfielder he has the speed and kicks the ball pretty well also fairly accurate when kicking for goal. Just a thought. I'm happy to give Tuohy the preseason to get over whatever is niggling him.

No intrusion here guys. Daisy was my favourite Collingwood player for a long time and it was good to see him getting back to something like his best footy last night. He made his name at the pies as a hard, 2 way running wingman after bursting on to the scene as a high flying HF. His hard running is something you would really appreciate watching live at the ground by seeing just how much effort he was putting in. The skills might not have been there last night but you could see the Daisy of old coming back. I think he's in for a big 2015.

I'm ok with the loss I have all my nails and my tv is intact.

Could we make Tuohy into a midfielder he has the speed and kicks the ball pretty well also fairly accurate when kicking for goal. Just a thought. I'm happy to give Tuohy the preseason to get over whatever is niggling him.
Just hope that Tuohy has a niggle because he has been very ordinary all year, cant man up and fumbles too much.

I am hoping he can develop like Pearce Hanley has up in Brisbane, he has come on in leaps and bounds with increased time in the midfield.

It's not the first time Doc has kicked poorly and won't be his last.

Gees it hurts more this morning :( Cannot question our effort last night though. Very proud of our boys. Unfortunately we just lack some polish

Struggling with a bit of a hangover this morning and still disappointed with the loss last night.

We were just missing the knockout punch (not vickery style) and when the corwd got behind them in the last 5 mins it was always going to be tough.

I am always amazed at how many carlton supporters there are in Perth and it was a pleasure as always sitting in amongst them all. Hats off to the dockers fans, unlike Eagles fans they are there to watch their team and enjoy the footy and not bait and wind up opposition supporters and players.

I was in the subi club rooms after the game having a cleansing ale and Andrew McKay walked past and I got a photo with him. I cheekily asked what number tom boyd will be weaing next year and he gave me a cheeky smile and walked off. :thumbsu:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back