Certified Legendary Thread Dont laugh, we're still in it come Rnd 23... [TOTY]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any way if Adelaide lose to St Kilda and Brisbane we are still a chance , and we win every game and win by over 10 goals tomorrow so we should be very happy with how things are going . We are still a chance so let's be positive about it.

Since fremantle wont win the flag this year because they look s**t and half their good players are old we should go all out for lyon. I hate the way he coaches sides and how they play, but they win. I dont give a s**t anymore. I just want to see finals football. We'll never play finals with hardwick

Lyon gets the best results possible out of his players but he is cancerous to the clubs list. A glorified Terry Wallace.

Lyon gets the best results possible out of his players but he is cancerous to the clubs list. A glorified Terry Wallace.
If the saints had drafted better they'd not be such a basket case. It's not like they didn't draft anyone in his years they just drafted like us really

I'll make a bet with you, and you will lose. Did you see richmond fall apart in 2013? I was there. That was not a side that plays consistent finals year after year. Granted, team develop and improve. Good teams and clubs do that. In typical RFC fashion, we have gone backwards.
Who wasn't there but that loss had nothing to do with the first half of the year implosion in 2014, I've said it before and i'll say it again, the carlton comeback in round 2 spooked this side, if we had of won that game by 10+ goals we would be sitting in the eight as we speak, I have no doubt about that, the way the team played in the first half against the bullies looked like a team still affected by what happened the week before and that come sdown to mental.

Who wasn't there but that loss had nothing to do with the first half of the year implosion in 2014, I've said it before and i'll say it again, the carlton comeback in round 2 spooked this side, if we had of won that game by 10+ goals we would be sitting in the eight as we speak, I have no doubt about that, the way the team played in the first half against the bullies looked like a team still affected by what happened the week before and that come sdown to mental.

Yeah, nah we wouldnt be.

If we dropped the players that let us down in that second half then we would of beat the doggies by a country mile and actually improved the players dropped and made them better footballers upon their return . Instead we just gifted them games and they spudded it up for another 10 rounds. Good coaching though . Totally turned his back on 100 years of footy logic

Last edited:
If we dropped the players that let us down in that second half then we would of beat the doggies by a country mile and actually improved the players dropped and made them better footballers upon their return . Instead we just gifted them games and they spudded it up for another 10 rounds. Good coaching though . Totally turned his back on 100 years of footy logic
In all fairness Rusty, everyone at the club has acknowledged that they ****ed up, it's just amazing that we were arguably the worst performed club in the first 12-13 games and yet we are only 2 games out of the eight with still an outside chance of making the eight and those just above us have had reasonable years.

I think we all agree that if they put up this s**t in 2015 then the hard questions will have to be asked, of coaching staff and playing group, but lets hope that lessons have been learnt and that both coaches and players have had a good look in the mirror and said that 2014 is unacceptable regardless of the late season wins.

Lol well this threads spiralled into a negative disaster. Take it to the other million threads you sillies.

And if someone mentions how "we HAVE to win ALL 5 games and still rely on results" i'll burst.
It is possible to make finals with as little as 3 more wins....stop presenting fiction as fact and stfu.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shoulda coulda woulda ffs ... Over hearing "if we beat...earlier, we would be..."

Fact is we didn't and didn't deserve to at the time. Why do people dwell on what's happened? Just accept it and be positive for the future games this year and beyond. Finals chance or not ....

In all fairness Rusty, everyone at the club has acknowledged that they ****** up, it's just amazing that we were arguably the worst performed club in the first 12-13 games and yet we are only 2 games out of the eight with still an outside chance of making the eight and those just above us have had reasonable years.

I think we all agree that if they put up this s**t in 2015 then the hard questions will have to be asked, of coaching staff and playing group, but lets hope that lessons have been learnt and that both coaches and players have had a good look in the mirror and said that 2014 is unacceptable regardless of the late season wins.

They only acknowledged it after they had egg on their face and everyone knows they lied and they were completely found out. But thats probably good enough for you. 2015 is a long way away and theres an all important pre season before that which sets us up for the entire season. I dont want to leave the list in the hands of your mate dimma for another year...

They only acknowledged it after they had egg on their face and everyone knows they lied and they were completely found out. But thats probably good enough for you. 2015 is a long way away and theres an all important pre season before that which sets us up for the entire season. I dont want to leave the list in the hands of your mate dimma for another year...

Just how much did you have on us to win the flag? It sounds like you mortgaged your house and sold your kids (if you're old enough to have kids?).

Lighten up a bit. Errors were acknowledged, responsibility accepted very early on. Check back on that.
And gamble responsibly.

The Bulldogs, Melbourne, Essendon, North Melbourne games were a disgrace. Hardwick's papers were stamped for my after the loss to the Dee's. For the side to play that pathetic in what was such an important moment for the club was an unforgivable disgrace. All this years is, is another typical Richmond, no good when the pressure is on and a late surge with promises of joy and kisses when it's off.

Even if the team arses its way to 8th (doubtful beyond belief and typical Richmond for us to be even considering it); it wont change the fact the club was not prepared nor professional enough when it mattered and Hardwick is a terrible Match Day Coach.

Just how much did you have on us to win the flag? It sounds like you mortgaged your house and sold your kids (if you're old enough to have kids?).

Lighten up a bit. Errors were acknowledged, responsibility accepted very early on. Check back on that.
And gamble responsibly.

I didnt have anything to win on richmond to win on the flag. I wouldnt bet 50 bucks on richmond to win a game. Im not that stupid. Maybe you are.

Please show me proof they were accepting of their complacency early on in the season? All i saw was dimma being a bullshit artist in the press conferences when asked; is the team better than last year? he said we were better. Yeah i am old enough to have kids, maybe older then you kiddo?

I didnt have anything to win on richmond to win on the flag. I wouldnt bet 50 bucks on richmond to win a game. Im not that stupid. Maybe you are.

Please show me proof they were accepting of their complacency early on in the season? All i saw was dimma being a bullshit artist in the press conferences when asked; is the team better than last year? he said we were better. Yeah i am old enough to have kids, maybe older then you kiddo?
Best being honest behind closed doors otherwise its a quick way of losing those who have your career in their hands.

Lots of comments along the lines of had we beaten Bulldogs, Gold Coast and Melbourne we wouldn't need to win all 5 games. Can't change this but, and once again a huge but, I'd rather be going into finals on a 9 game winning streak, than having won the earlier games and lost 2 out of our last 5. If we make finals we'll be in some serious form, and have the bonus of not having anything to lose (as we were essentially dead at 3-10) -and that's a exciting combination. Not likely to happen but gees.......

Yes it's classic Richmond to play well once the pressure's off, but (as has been said by a few) at some stage it has to change. Doesn't it? Why not now? Why bother otherwise....... And for the next week (or 6 hours or 4 weeks) I will continue to hope/dream.

Go Tiges!!

Team better than last year? Understand once and for all it was NOT about win/loss, he was referring to individual talent across the entire list being better than last year. Which we are are.
Was the team playing better than last year? No. Acknowledged, in fact hardwick said we were a "mediocre" team at the time. And also said, many times, that we have to get better. And "I" have to get better.
Accepting complacency? You made that up. In fact it wasn't even in the post I replied to. We weren't complacent.
$50 says I'm older than you:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back