How much longer can Priddis be debated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres every goal wce kicked in the first half

Every single one of them involves precise movement of ball by hand and foot - put priddis in the chain - and that breaks down - keep him out of the chain - and we score goals

[URL='http://youtu.be/l_3OzzUXihc[/QUOTE']http://youtu.be/l_3OzzUXihc[/URL]

I admire your work in editing these vids, but there's a few fluffed kicks in amongst that vid. E.g. the Cox goal, where Cripps just bombed it inside 50 and it should have been marked by the Bombers player. And Butler's horror kick out of the back 50 which missed its target but was brilliantly gathered then given off by McGinnity (of all people), before Hill gave off to Kennedy putting it about an inch off the ground.

Having said that, there is certainly a distinct lack of Priddis in every chain.

Every single one of them involves precise movement of ball by hand and foot - put priddis in the chain - and that breaks down - keep him out of the chain - and we score goals

http://youtu.be/l_3OzzUXihc
So.
No priddis in the goal chains. We kicked eight.
Priddis in the play more in the second half. Only three goals kicked.

Seems their argument that we don't get the ball and cant win without priddis is debunked.

Can't argue with that.

http://youtu.be/l_3OzzUXihc

This.

The quicker we replace Priddis with Yeo, Selwood, Shuey, Gaff, Wellingham, Masten in the middle of packs/clearances the better we will be as a team - better ball movement and fluidity.

Every time Priddis receives a ruck tap, the ball usually stays in that same place or he shanks the kick that doesn't advantage us.

Do the coaches and Priddis even watch his tapes??????? Surely they would be cringing after each games review..

Last edited:
This.

The quicker we replace Priddis with Yeo, Selwood, Shuey, Gaff, Wellingham, Masten in the middle of packs/clearances the better we will be as a team - better ball movement and fluidity.

Every time Priddis receives a ruck tap, the ball usually stays in that same place or he shank kick that doesn't advantage us.

Do the coaches and Priddis even watch his tapes??????? Surely they would be cringing after each games review..
Who was the assistant coach the other day that said his reviews were the shortest.

There you go prem.
I was wrong. It was Rawlings and he said it was "the easiest" haha

"Rawlings, now the Eagles' assistant coach in charge of the midfield, said Priddis is so incredibly consistent that of all his weekly reviews he has to undertake, Priddis' is close to the easiest, apart from being implored by the player to find even the smallest area he can improve on in future."

"Rawlings, now the Eagles' assistant coach in charge of the midfield, said Priddis is so incredibly consistent that of all his weekly reviews he has to undertake, Priddis' is close to the easiest, apart from being implored by the player to find even the smallest area he can improve on in future."
So...Rawlings himself can't find areas in which Priddis can improve without Matt having to chase it up himself? Quality coaching.

So...Rawlings himself can't find areas in which Priddis can improve without Matt having to chase it up himself? Quality coaching.

Well Rawlings wasn't exactly the highest skilled player in the world. Matt probably looks like Stephen Hill to him.

In all seriousness, if Rawlings can't see the obvious weekly flaws in Priddis's game and can't teach him to minimize them, our midfield will stumble.

Yeah i linked that video ages ago, the eagles made it, it was the best they could find. Some of the most bland highlights you will ever see..

Highlights of things Priddis doesn't do often enough. Contested marks and goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yet we have a certain few posters in this forum that still use appeals to authority and tell everyone that points out Priddis' flaws that they know little compared to the coaches. West Coast have a problem if this is what the assistant coach's insight amounts to wrt Priddis.

one thing I noticed from the videos is that if the ball is on the ground matt never seems to try and pick it up and run on. You should always be trying to stay on your feet but matt seems to be diving at it a lot of the time and then doing the quick handball out. This is obviously hard working but not necessarily the best option. Surely trying to stay upright and running off is better. Good midfielders do this all day.

Highlights of things Priddis doesn't do often enough. Contested marks and goals.
Oh sheeze your deluded

You could say that about any of our 22 players

You work with what you have got

You do the best to help the team with what you have in your toolkit

Yup priddis has a limited tool kit however he does create some nice work with that limited tool kit and that's all we can ask for

He's not going to turn into Pendlebury anytime soon so stop trying to make it sound he has to

He has won games for us this year and I can honestly say that's more games than the anti priddis posters have won for us

He's a working class player......he's Boyd from bullies and I bet they are not bagging him like some here do for priddis.

one thing I noticed from the videos is that if the ball is on the ground matt never seems to try and pick it up and run on. You should always be trying to stay on your feet but matt seems to be diving at it a lot of the time and then doing the quick handball out. This is obviously hard working but not necessarily the best option. Surely trying to stay upright and running off is better. Good midfielders do this all day.

I don't agree with that ...his job is to get the ball out to outside players and to be honest he's doing that well

Oh sheeze your deluded

You could say that about any of our 22 players

You work with what you have got

You do the best to help the team with what you have in your toolkit

Yup priddis has a limited tool kit however he does create some nice work with that limited tool kit and that's all we can ask for

He's not going to turn into Pendlebury anytime soon so stop trying to make it sound he has to

He has won games for us this year and I can honestly say that's more games than the anti priddis posters have won for us

He's a working class player......he's Boyd from bullies and I bet they are not bagging him like some here do for priddis.

How many games has he won for us - care to list some of them?

I don't agree with that ...his job is to get the ball out to outside players and to be honest he's doing that well

He can't do that AND stay on his feet?

If he stayed on his feet he could perhaps run a few steps taking the time to spot up a better target rather than be on his belly and forced to handball to the first target. Other midfielders do this all the time but Priddis doesn't even seem to try this approach.

He is not the most agile bloke. I would doubt he can touch his toes. Wouldn't be surprised if he has short hamstrings or something that limit his pace, kicking and ability to get low.

That's pretty pathetic from Rawlings to be honest, and fairly worrying.

It is strange. I get that they might be aware of his limitations and his ability to overcome them is non existent i.e. you dont run faster.
But I would like to think they go through the fluffed hanbdalls that fall short and the bombs to no one in particular when he has other options and at least tell him what he should be looking out for.

Imagine if we had a forward who couldnt take marks and was a terrible set shot

Imagine if we had a backman who was no good at one on ones

Or a ruckman who was too short to contest taps

And we sat there arguing endlessly arguing

"well hes terrible at marking and set shots but he gets the ball out to kennedy whos good at that"

to which you would naturally reply

"but his passes to kennedy are hopeless - at his feet or over his head"

And they would reply

"you arent being fair - thats not what hes good at - anyway hes the only one we have got - until we find another foward we just have to play him"

Its so mind numbingly stupid - and its why we again are finishing mid table

It is strange. I get that they might be aware of his limitations and his ability to overcome them is non existent i.e. you dont run faster.
But I would like to think they go through the fluffed hanbdalls that fall short and the bombs to no one in particular when he has other options and at least tell him what he should be looking out for.

Yeah exactly, I mean, that's the thing though, it's game by game reviews. The notion that there's not a lot of work to do for Priddis game-by-game is just absurd when taking in his career as a whole. Ultimately, it's not his physical attributes that I'd like highlighted (these can't be helped, obviously), but situations where bombing it out of the pack when there are free players open for the handball, general poor decision making, flat-footedness at the stoppages, guarding space incorrectly and so on (all flaws in Priddis' games) that are there most weeks should absolutely be getting highlighted. Now I'm sure someone will point out that Rawlings never said these things weren't discussed, however I'll point out that when you've got a situation that's implied his reviews are 'easy', that these flaws have never been improved upon and that the player supposedly has to implore the coach to find something wrong with his game, well then quite frankly that is utterly pathetic from the coaching staff.

Imagine if we had a forward who couldnt take marks and was a terrible set shot

Imagine if we had a backman who was no good at one on ones

Or a ruckman who was too short to contest taps

And we sat there arguing endlessly arguing

"well hes terrible at marking and set shots but he gets the ball out to kennedy whos good at that"

to which you would naturally reply

"but his passes to kennedy are hopeless - at his feet or over his head"

And they would reply

"you arent being fair - thats not what hes good at - anyway hes the only one we have got - until we find another foward we just have to play him"

Its so mind numbingly stupid - and its why we again are finishing mid table

Your comparisons are all wrong, ie imagining we had "a ruckman who was too short to contest taps". A player who can't contest taps won't play as a ruckman. If he has other qualities he'll be considered for positions which need those qualities. So creating this imaginary non-rucking ruckman proves nothing. Grant Thomas tried this "no need for a ruckman" theory at the Saints and it held them back until Lyon came in and drafted Gardiner and King to give them a chance.

Priddis' main responsibility is getting his hands on the ball in congestion before the opposition's player with the same role does. And he is very good at that. Nobody else in the team has shown anything remotely close to that ability.

Why you and others think that it's because of Priddis we are finishing mid table I can only put down to a very blinkered view. There's a multitude of reasons which all basically come down to we either don't have the necessary complement of players or we do but we're not best utilising what we've got. I'd pump for a mixture of the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back