Preview 2nd Elimination Final: North Melbourne vs Essendon, MCG, Saturday 6th of September, 7.15PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Gonads out*

Weather will be fine during the day, meaning the ball will be greasy come 1/2 time and onwards. So I see big marks not being the call of the day.

It will be a smaller players evening, with someone like Colyer kicking 4 for us up forward and Licha 3, rotating at the bottom of the packs.

That being said, North will be competitive but behind all night, going down by less than two goals.

Essendon by 11 points.

Balls on line:

Dons by 42 points
Heppell with 39 touches
Carlisle to kick 9
Brad Scott to complain about the sun setting 11 minutes earlier than he was told.

Flying over from adelaide for the game, Hopefully we can play at our best for 4 quarters. If we do we win! Anyone sitting in m4?

I'm more hopeful than confident this week.
It is nice to still be around during the finals - usually we're done & dusted by now.

Unfortunately the only thing consistent in our game is the inconsistency... Ironic.

Where do the goals come from? We haven't exactly been shooting the lights out lately...
As I said, I'm hopeful that we use the ball well forward of centre & use the best available option (it would be great if we have multiple multiple goal kickers - if you know what I mean)
Chap 3, Watto 2, Winders 2, Merrett 2, Ryder 2 etc. etc.

There a few ppl here peaking early!!! Im a shift worker and I even know its only Tuesday...or Wednesday.
Whats it gonna be like later in the week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm more hopeful than confident this week.
It is nice to still be around during the finals - usually we're done & dusted by now.

Unfortunately the only thing consistent in our game is the inconsistency... Ironic.

Where do the goals come from? We haven't exactly been shooting the lights out lately...
As I said, I'm hopeful that we use the ball well forward of centre & use the best available option (it would be great if we have multiple multiple goal kickers - if you know what I mean)
Chap 3, Watto 2, Winders 2, Merrett 2, Ryder 2 etc. etc.
Daniher with 14...

To half time

All our forward half are capable of kicking multiple goals. It really does simply come down to how well our midfield and attacking defenders can swiftly move the ball into our forward 50. We need Hibbo to be freed up and pushing forward, likewise Dempsey and Hurley. If we see this I think we'll crush the Roos as I believe it is our most potent attacking structure. If they are forced to play the majority of the game deep in defense we'll struggle.

Thompson will swing Hooker forward to kick five in the last...so the winning margin will be 30, but he could be saving that move for Grand Final day, so the margin could be 1 point by Joe Daniher after the siren.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back