Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just isn't true. If the club had doubts about Sanderson's ability to get us where we want to be based on the information gathered from the end of season review, and we had players who were going to walk out the door if we kept Sanderson on, then getting rid of him was a good decision, regardless of who his replacement may be.

So when does it stop?

Do we fire the coach next year if he doesn't get along with players again?

Do you believe everything they all say in the media spotlight?

99% of it is roll it out, keep them quiet for now..
There's never a guarantee, they don't sign a contract saying they've pledged to fiveAA that Smart or the board are safe..

We'll wait and see, I think the boys club exists most prominently at board level so I get the feeling everyone will continue to have a job on the board for a while to come.

c85zh.jpg

Randall?

Is anyone else concerned that Riccuito is now in control of our club?

Seems to have come in, and because he is a brownlow medallist he starts orchestrating coaches to be fired. The only positive is that we won't have to listen to his terrible commentary next year

Nope hence the avatar

So the board didn't tell us the truth about Tippett and now we don't actually know the truth about why they fired Sando - awesome board we have.

Let's keep things in house and hopefully those idiots keep buying memberships.

I don't think it's appropriate that they go into gruesome details. It is disrespectful to Sando and those involved in the decision making.

Of course the media want details, but so far I think the club has been professional in how they have handled it. There is no nice way to sack a coach. The club has also been clear that it wasn't a player revolt, that's the media looking for a story if ever I've seen one.

No one likes a messy divorce. Just agree to part and move on, and it sounds like Sando will get a gig somewhere else. I'm now looking forward to seeing the new girlfriend

So when does it stop?

Do we fire the coach next year if he doesn't get along with players again?

It's not about getting along with the players. What seems to be coming out is that he has a serious problem in maintaining a line of communication with all of his players, and delivering information to them in regards to their game and how to improve it. If you can't communicate effectively with the people you're supposed to be leading, then you're pushing s**t uphill.

Why was he fired then?
By the sounds of things his relationships with some of the players and staff wasn't great. Obviously the player's opinion was taken into account at some level. At the end of the day the board/club didn't think he was the right man for the job. Why waste another year? Does it really matter? He could have stood down and you would be angry the club didn't sack him

I don't think it's appropriate that they go into gruesome details. It is disrespectful to Sando and those involved in the decision making.

Of course the media want details, but so far I think the club has been professional in how they have handled it. There is no nice way to sack a coach. The club has also been clear that it wasn't a player revolt, that's the media looking for a story if ever I've seen one.

No one likes a messy divorce. Just agree to part and move on, and it sounds like Sando will get a gig somewhere else. I'm now looking forward to seeing the new girlfriend

Ergo - protect the players.

Didn't Chapman say he was a tactically good coach and a good communicator?

Sounds like he is protecting the leadership group who demanded him gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hell I am over here in Hawaii supposedly having a holiday. I just cant move away from the computer. In fact I gave my wife more money so she could go shopping..leaving me here to read all this great stuff which is mostly bullshit but I am loving it
Seriously, get off the computer and enjoy Hawaii. Nothing will get done here for at least a week.

By the sounds of things his relationships with some of the players and staff wasn't great. Obviously the player's opinion was taken into account at some level. At the end of the day the board/club didn't think he was the right man for the job. Why waste another year? Does it really matter? He could have stood down and you would be angry the club didn't sack him

J Pod and a number of others over the last few years says hi but it was OK to waste those years.

The entire board needs to go before we can make progression back up the ladder.

Ergo - protect the players.

Didn't Chapman say he was a tactically good coach and a good communicator?

Sounds like he is protecting the leadership group who demanded him gone.
No, he's protecting Sando's future prospects and not dumping on him on the way out the door..
He said a good communicator outside of the club..

It's not about getting along with the players. What seems to be coming out is that he has a serious problem in maintaining a line of communication with all of his players, and delivering information to them in regards to their game and how to improve it. If you can't communicate effectively with the people you're supposed to be leading, then you're pushing s**t uphill.
which seems to be what a lot of us have been saying all year, that the players look lost and the game plan either isnt being communicated effectively or the players dont believe in it and are ignoring him. it seems the former is the case.

I think Bone lost the players when he was coach at North Adelaide. Lost his job = bitter, on this issue in particular.

Seriously though, over all the years I have listened to 5AA (I know, must be a masochist) I have never once heard any of them ever advocate a coach should be sacked. It's just their mindless reflex to support whoever is the coach of any club. And don't forget these numpties supported Trigg to the end.

He never had them to begin with. I never put any stock in his opinion of coaching as his record purely speaks for itself.

Can we set up a poll for Crows people only on their thoughts on the sacking?

If ever one was to be done to let the media know true Crows supporters thoughts on the matter this should be it?

Question: Do you think Sando should've been sacked?

1) Yes
2) No
3) Not before finding a replacement
4) No, the assistants should have gone first
5) Yes, but only if Chapman and the board went too.

Allow multiple answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back