Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great season 2014 has been so far.

Hawks playing off for a top 4 finish at least;

Collingwood failing to make the finals even though they get the best run from the AFL;

Geelong going out in straight sets; and

The Essendon saga just keeps on going and what's even better, every day James Hird remains at Bomberland it will remain so.

Just a great season so far.

I'm just shocked and staggered.

Surely now it's just a matter of whether Albert will resign (2 chances of this happening), or will the board sack him - and pay him out after extending his contract last year!!!

Honestly, you couldn't write this s**t. Comedy gold!

Dear Judge,
Thank you for the decision made today in favour for Asada and the AFL. A very wise judge indeed.
Would chocolates and flowers, and a bottle of wine suffice as a small thank you gift, that's exactly the decision I would have made, had it been me presiding at that hearing..,

th

Regards,
LuvMyHawks.. xxxx
I am really surprised at how happy I am at this judgement. Really, really, happy. Might pick up a bottle of wine on the way home and settle in to watch the prelim tonight.

essplan_zps113fb508.png

saw that on the essenscum board and thought it was funny. Good on them, the majority are starting to see this as a futile exercise.....took them 18 months

I see Mr Little has already said that Essendon are going to look at challenging the outcome - surprise, surprise
Didn't take long to get to number two on that list
I will be thoroughly pissed off and will voice my disapproval through my club should I hear one word about the AFL funding or giving any funds to support this stance - it would be an absolute joke.

I've said that from the beginning. If it was Hawthorn I'd want the club to take responsibility for its actions, admits fault and clean house.

However, that's easy for me to say from a rational sense. If Hawthorn were in the gun, like Essendon are, my response, like many Bomber fans, might be entirely different.
Integrity, you either have it or you don't. I think you would go for the bleach with many more of us.

This is the last line from Essendon's statement re today's court verdict.

"Out of respect for the competition and the Clubs still competing this season, it is not our intention to provide any further commentary on this matter beyond today’s statement."

Out of respect for the game they should have stood up, accepted responsibility, moved people on and copped their fair whack way back when this broke.

A cynical exercise in arse-covering, denial and litigation is the respect they've shown.

And that disingenuous piece of PR fluff just rams it home.
That and people like Goddard coming our and saying it is unethical for other clubs to talk to their players about moving. Pull the other one BJ, like anyone from the Bombers can lecture other clubs on ethics.

What a great season 2014 has been so far.

Hawks playing off for a top 4 finish at least;

Collingwood failing to make the finals even though they get the best run from the AFL;

Geelong going out in straight sets; and

The Essendon saga just keeps on going and what's even better, every day James Hird remains at Bomberland it will remain so.

Just a great season so far.
I won't get ahead of myself until we win the flag, then it is a great season. We owe it to ourselves to get 2012 back from the $wan$

This is the last line from Essendon's statement re today's court verdict.

"Out of respect for the competition and the Clubs still competing this season, it is not our intention to provide any further commentary on this matter beyond today’s statement."

Out of respect for the game they should have stood up, accepted responsibility, moved people on and copped their fair whack way back when this broke.

A cynical exercise in arse-covering, denial and litigation is the respect they've shown.

And that disingenuous piece of PR fluff just rams it home.
What Essendon really needs is a staffer to be diagnosed with cancer.... because you just know this despicable club would happily use it as yet another excuse to shield themselves from blame.

"Sorry guys, can't comment on the ASADA stuff right now. We just heard Bomber has colon cancer. Hirdy was secretly dunking his sandwiches in Melanotan.."

I'm just shocked and staggered.
....to be here?

Congratulations to Sam Mitchell who along with Trent Cotchin will be the soon to be announced joint winners of the 2012 brownlow medal.:)
Not sure about that. The problem is that if you put a line through every Essendon player, then the Brownlow points gets skewed. Anyone who was on 2 would get 3, etc. There'd be no one to replace the 1s. There simply would be no Brownlow winner that year.

Not sure about that. The problem is that if you put a line through every Essendon player, then the Brownlow points gets skewed. Anyone who was on 2 would get 3, etc. There'd be no one to replace the 1s. There simply would be no Brownlow winner that year.
Take it as gospel. Only a matter of time before Mitchell and Cotchin will be announced dual winners of the brownlow that year. You can't have a blank space in brownlow history. Watson will be disqualified and new winners proceeding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he was referring to those two coming equal second, so once Jab is disqualified, they would be equal winners.

Why is taking drugs any different to a player suspended for striking? Fyfe still scores votes even after he was suspended. Mitchell proved in 2011 that umpires will still give votes to ineligable players. Why is this different?

Congratulations to Sam Mitchell who along with Trent Cotchin will be the soon to be announced joint winners of the 2012 brownlow medal.:)

Please don't hold your breath waiting

Take it as gospel. Only a matter of time before Mitchell and Cotchin will be announced dual winners of the brownlow that year. You can't have a blank space in brownlow history.

Maybe not, but you can always have a *. ;)

What I'm saying is, if all Essendon players are found guilty, then their brownlow votes don't count. Meaning anyone who was beneath them in the individual vote count, would take their place. It'd mean the order would change, Mitchell and Cotchin may not necessarily be 2nd if you did that. That's why I think they won't be awarded a Brownlow, there'd just be a nice fat * next to Jobe Watson.

Why is taking drugs any different to a player suspended for striking? Fyfe still scores votes even after he was suspended. Mitchell proved in 2011 that umpires will still give votes to ineligable players. Why is this different?
Whole different level I would have thought! There's striking out of accident and out of frustration, then there'd deliberately doping to gain an advantage over your peers. This is uncharted territory.

GOLD !!!!!!!!!!

Bendigo Gold ! They will replace EFC in 2015 ;)

Captain - St.Goddard
V.Captain - Zaharakis

Coach - 'Terrorist' Thompson.

ANZAC DAY - Coll v 'who gives a s**t but it ain't the Injectors'

Draft day - the poor bastards who get drafted to this poor excuse of a football club......

Hird the Turd"..........you must be so proud of yourself , almost single handedly bringing your club to its knees (Danks very much)
Golden boy now nothing but Fools Gold ....all glitter that's ended up in the shitter.

Has made my season....the GREAT Allan Jeans will be smiling to himself from above. Nothing more needs to be said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back