Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well journalism is about spending years building up respect to the point where your sources are reliable and first-hand.

Caro is generally fine. She has her mini vendettas and gets things wrong but overall is pretty well founded.

The problem is, hardly any of the journos have the cred or the accurate sources. So they just make s**t up or twist scenarios. Then other hack journos use this as "information" to add to their stories. News Corp around the globe is classic for this.

Rucci is a great example. Hasn't had a reliable source for literally years so he copies everyone else, but it's never a scoop. When he doesn't have a scoop he makes something up or uses scuttlebut. Like yesterday - Penberthy bullshits that Sloane, Danger, Tex, Douglas and Crouch demanded Sando be sacked. Pure rubbish. So what does Rucci do? Quotes "radio sources" eg.Penberthy in his bloody article!

It's incestuous and just plain shitty journalism.
Absolutely.

It's just staggering how much of that reliability of sources can lead to complacency or a "she'll be right" attitude.

Is it fair to say that Ricciuto specifically came onto the board in order to get rid of Sanderson?

Not necessarily. To review him, perhaps help open communication. .... It probably turned out that Roo's personal concerns were justified. When Roo and Sando's assessments were poles apart and couldn't be reconciled........ the rest becomes history.

Is it fair to say that Ricciuto specifically came onto the board in order to get rid of Sanderson?

His job is to remove the stain of mediocrity that is becoming a part of our DNA, not to solely and specifically remove Sando. He will do what he believes he needs to do to get success. I doubt he's anywhere near finished either. I await player delistings with great interest.

Smashed him a bit for the fact that it got out that player exit interviews were considered when making the decision to sack Sando or not..
Even though it was a small part and the board knew there were problems anyway..
Also for sort of marching in and making huge decisions like this in no time etc..

Questioned how or why he's some kingpin/messiah (forgot the word) of footy in S.A. or something along those lines..

Note to carro

Hall of fame
Brownlow
Brownlow runner up
all Australian 8 times
Yellow jackets too numerous to count.
And beat the crap out of the port adelaide football club at the Alma (Alex insists it's the Ramsgate)!...The only Showdown that really mattered!

Sorry but Kingpin/messiah doesn't cut it..............nor does coach slayer or any other pathetic label you can think of.

To you he is Mr God!

And you're ugly

Last edited:
Penbo will lose his embassadorship if he keeps the rant up. Roo needs to sit down with them and show them the plan....... 10 m8ns before our coach is announced.

I wonder if FC will actually ask Roo to appear or cross to him for 1st hand word?
Roo gave Penberthy a Red Fist vote on MMM this morning saying " his dog act comment was unwarranted" and he was happy to let him know about it.

I think it was his first order of business.
Same.

It feels as though there was almost an SOS from the players which was the trigger for him to get involved.

Note to carro

Hall of fame
Brownlow
Brownlow runner up
all Australian 8 times
Yellow jackets too numerous to count.
And beat the crap out of the port adelaide football club at the Alma!...The only Showdown that really mattered!

Sorry but Kingpin/messiah doesn't cut it..............nor does coach slayer or any other pathetic label you can think of.

To you he is Mr God!

And you're ugly

Ramsgate

Same.

It feels as though there was almost an SOS from the players which was the trigger for him to get involved.

I don't think there was a direct "get rid of Sando" message but I agree.

Look at the last month:

- Bipolar onfield performance (main alarm bells)
- Rumours of mixed messages from Sanderson (on 5AA of all places)
- Rumours of Tex going to Port (I believe rubbish but deliberately leaked by him/his manager to alert the cavalry)
- Danger playing absolute rubbish and going quiet on his contract.
- Sanderson quoting stat after stat in post season interviews with no basis.
- McLeod publicly scathing of Rnd 23 team selections.

There were signs.

AFTER the sacking of Brenton Sanderson, Mark Ricciuto rang his best mate Simon Goodwin for a chat.

Simon Goodwin: G’day mate. What’s up?

Mark Ricciuto: Got some big news mate.

Goodwin: Hird’s been sacked? You were just a few years off after all.

Ricciuto: Nah! And that was true until it wasn’t. We sacked Sanderson.

Goodwin: You did what?

Ricciuto: We got rid of him. Sometimes you’ve got to make tough choices that cost you $1.2 million. Everyone knows that.

Goodwin: So have you got someone? Ross Lyon is it? He’s due to move.

Ricciuto: Nah mate, it’s you! Everything has fallen into place. It couldn’t have worked out more perfectly. Except for the leaking this afternoon. Turns out coaches aren’t exactly thrilled when they get sacked.

Goodwin: This is a bit awkward Roo. I’ve already committed to another club as an assistant coach.

Ricciuto: Who is it? Brisbane?

Goodwin: No.

Ricciuto: Carlton

Ricciuto: Collingwood

Ricciuto: Fremantle

Ricciuto: Geelong

Ricciuto: Gold Coast

Ricciuto: GWS

Ricciuto: Hawthorn

Ricciuto: North Melbourne

Ricciuto: Port Adelaide

Ricciuto: Richmond

Ricciuto: St Kilda

Ricciuto: Sydney

Ricciuto: West Coast

Ricciuto: Bulldogs

Ricciuto: Melbourne? You’re choosing Melbourne over us? The Melbourne Football Club? The New York Yankees of the bloody AFL!

Goodwin: It’s a five year deal! And I can learn from Roos before taking the reins.

Ricciuto: But it’s Melbourne! Oh dear. This is bad. Really bad. Where are we going to find a bloody coach now! The only person ringing me since the announcement is Terry Wallace.

Goodwin: You must have other candidates.

Ricciuto: Oh yeah! I just have a whole shortlist of candidates ready when I sack my senior coach! What are we going to do? This is going to be a train wreck.

Goodwin: Just pretend you’ve always planned for a nationwide search.

Ricciuto: That’s it! I’d better run. Good luck shaving ten years off your lifespan at Melbourne.

What happens if we don't gets coach? Will roo have to fill the hole

Edit- I didn't write this, all credit to the writer i don't know his name and I ran out of weekly free herald articles so I can't check. Well I could but don't read the herald enough to buy a online membership
Titus O'Reilly - http://titusoreily.com/last-nights-phone-call-mark-ricciuto-simon-goodwin/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alot of supporters I've talked to are super pissed about the sacking of Sando and then when I listed off all the reasons why he wasn't a great coach they were all but we had injuries but we had new players but we this but we that so many bloody excuses! It's become ridiculous how accepting of mediocrity this fan base has become it's down right appalling! They don't even care that we aren't playing this weekend!! Like wtf?

Roo gave Penberthy a Red Fist vote on MMM this morning saying " his dog act comment was unwarranted" and he was happy to let him know about it.
In my perfect world, there was a phone call short after, and now Penbo is on a flight to man an un-manned Antarctic weather station for an indefinite period.

question? hypothetically, does clarko winning premiership in 2 weeks increase/decrease chances of him coming or irrelevant?
what do we want to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back