Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alot of supporters I've talked to are super pissed about the sacking of Sando and then when I listed off all the reasons why he wasn't a great coach they were all but we had injuries but we had new players but we this but we that so many bloody excuses! It's become ridiculous how accepting of mediocrity this fan base has become it's down right appalling! They don't even care that we aren't playing this weekend!! Like wtf?

81% of people, according to the poll on AFL.com.au from 30,000 votes.

The Reign ov Roo begins....

I am follower!

10703547_10203379713587952_1265457706757659129_n.jpg

Who is Pembo? What a ***ing peanut.
Pembo is the editor of The Advertiser & 5aa breakfast host. Crows Ambassador and so is his partner - Federal Labor MP Kate Ellis.

Chris Dittmar suggestion on mmm last month that Kate would fill the second vacant spot on the board. Pembos rant may have ruined her chances.

Might be a good thing. We could get to vote in genuine candidate.

There's rumours of us making a bid for Clarkson because we are making a bid for Clarkson.
If Clarkson coaches another flag then could it be mission accomplished, time for another challenge? 50/50 at best. I'm going for an influx of ex swans to enter the coaching panel.

81% of people, according to the poll on AFL.com.au from 30,000 votes.

And I bet 80% of them are from non-top 4 teams, happy to coast along until they get lucky, happy to get the occasional win against one of the Victorian big 4 during the year.

Sure Sanderson might come across as a nice guy and does have a decent percentage from 3 years ago something that most of these usually bottom 8 clubs would probably love but not us. Also the money stuff in that article, as has been pointed out, we lose much more than "under a million over two years" in the longterm from corporate and membership dollars if we have 2 more average years, and start a lot further back after that.

Pembo is the editor of The Advertiser & 5aa breakfast host. Crows Ambassador and so is his partner - Federal Labor MP Kate Ellis.

Chris Dittmar suggestion on mmm last month that Kate would fill the second vacant spot on the board. Pembos rant may have ruined her chances.

Roo on MMM suggested Pembo and Ellis were good friends of Sando and his wife. Feel like there has been a lot of "he's a good bloke, how could you do this" reaction, which is understandable, but...

Has anyone noted how soft our draw was this year? We really had no excuses what so ever. Played Sydney and Hawks and Cats once. 10th is bad, but given our draw, it's equivalent to finishing 13th-14th IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She is just pissed off she didn't get a scoop.

Her arguements made no sense. Roo was not on the board when Sando's contract was extended so her crack was at the wrong person.

Very poor work carro!
Given the amount of vitriol we're getting from journos im starting to suspect that sando was one of their major sources within the club and theyve now lost him. could explain why none of them saw the sacking coming, because saando didnt know about it and couldnt give them the inside info

Roo on MMM suggested Pembo and Ellis were good friends of Sando and his wife. Feel like there has been a lot of "he's a good bloke, how could you do this" reaction, which is understandable, but...

Has anyone noted how soft our draw was this year? We really had no excuses what so ever. Played Sydney and Hawks and Cats once. 10th is bad, but given our draw, it's equivalent to finishing 13th-14th IMO

yeh the draw thing scares me...we're due for a tough draw.

Pembo was the Sunday mail editor but now only writes for them since taking up 5aa breakfast role.

He usually is a good journalist, but clearly let his personal relationship let rip with an emotional reaction to Sando's sacking.

Sorry if someone else brought this up and I missed it, but what if Roo was calling Goody to get some info on the contract status and coaching ability of Bassett?

All makes sense now, hopeless journalist, hopeless politician!

When I was at the games west coast and Richmond it was so painful to watch. I thought to myself how the hell can't we beat these teams at home. We didn't tag or do anything to stop these players killing us such as Hurn and Deledio. It annoyed me how we constantly played mediocre players such as Wright , Pods , Reilly etc. Last game of the season we weren't going to make it and we played Reilly! Whilst not playing Cameron and Grigg.

It was embarrassing to hear his comments about the 24 degree weather! Thank god we didn't play in the summer in the 40's. Yet we still won by 100+ and he still complained.

We had such a soft draw and yet we didn't make top 8. We played St Kilda twice! , GWS twice! , Gold Coast twice! There shouldn't be any excuses with that at all.

I'm glad we didn't make finals after this crap and wasted year. If we made finals we will get flogged and we would go even more backwards. We got pick #9 our first top ten pick for a while.

Sando is a very nice bloke but at the end of the day he is a mediocre coach. Other supporters may think "how could the crows do this to him" they don't know how bad it's got. Sando wouldn't take us to the next level we would still be that team around the 7-8th mark.

There's a formula now. We'll play 7th, 8th, 9th, 11th and 12th twice and the rest once.
Do they base the formula on pre or post finals?

AlWays thought post but the timing of the release probably means pre.

This is vital as if it's post, port is our top 4 double up. If pre, we will have to play another of the top 4 sides twice too. 5th and 6th overtaking 3rd and 4th could test the formula this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back