Changing the Original Lions Guernsey/Clash Jumper Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Not going to complain about marginal concerns. The real lion is back and that's all that matters IMO.

Absolutely, personally not a fan of the watermarks but complaining about trifling matters feels like winning the lottery and whinging that you had to fold the giant novelty cardboard cheque to fit it in the car.

Dont mind the Lion being bigger, altho my preference would be somewhere inbetween the classic and 2015. But as has been said, it is trivial small things and the main thing is, the Lion is back.

Ill be rocking mine next year round 1 v the Pies.

So bloody stoked about the jumper, however as silly as it may seem, I'm probably more eager to see what the club comes up with for a clash strip. I'm hoping its a bears inspired one that uses yellow as its predominant colour and with a maroon lion (our first ever clash strip was yellow with the maroon lion coming from the side), however, I read on here that a user actually saw a prototype of this proposed strip at the Lions store and was informed that the AFL had knocked the idea back.

Whether the Lion is the same size or not is irrelevant - it looks absolutely fantastic. I wonder if we'll be changing the logo as well; I actually don't mind our current one.

Just purchased the jumper for 90 bucks. Something doesn't feel right about that price. They advertised it for $98 on their main site.

Edit: Just looked into it further. Turns out it is $90.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are these guys happier now?

View attachment 88314
And have they bought pants they can actually get their hands into?
Have 'P' & 'J' lost any weight?
Were 'A' & 'S' trying to style themselves on James North, even back then?
How does Mr. 'SR' stay looking so young?
Will 'K' embrace the return of our Lion?

So many questions.

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused.
The watermarks, are they on the players' guernsey but not on the retail version, or vice versa?
Why are there 2 versions?
Remember when you could by genuine onfield gear. Isn't that the point of buying a guernsey?:confused:

I'm a bit confused.
The watermarks, are they on the players' guernsey but not on the retail version, or vice versa?
Why are there 2 versions?
Remember when you could by genuine onfield gear. Isn't that the point of buying a guernsey?:confused:

They're all fitted tightly to the players and have gps pockets at the top - not suitable for the average punter (who is usually overweight) to wear casually.

I am not sure how much bigger the Lion is compared to the original jumpers we wore from '97 to 2009 - it is obviously bigger, but it doesn't look too big (unlike the current Paddlepop lion on the jumpers).

I just had a look at my Lions jumper I bought in 1997 and I have to say the Lion's size looks halfway in between the old Voss picture posted (in which the Lion looks unusually small) and what the 2015 jumpers look like.

Anyway, it is no big deal. The jumpers look great - I will be buying both of them to show my support.

Just 5 years of some great persistence by Lions fans to bring it back (especially some great help from TLR).

They're all fitted tightly to the players and have gps pockets at the top - not suitable for the average punter (who is usually overweight) to wear casually.
Sizing is variable and GPS pockets?
Okay, not exact onfield gear, but surely quality in fabric and close as practical design is better than "Ooh look, similar colours and the same animal on the front".
Didn't think it was a big ask. The guernsery worn by Adcock & Hanley appear to be not the same design as the ones for sale.

Sizing is variable and GPS pockets?
Okay, not exact onfield gear, but surely quality in fabric and close as practical design is better than "Ooh look, similar colours and the same animal on the front".
Didn't think it was a big ask. The guernsery worn by Adcock & Hanley appear to be not the same design as the ones for sale.

The player jumpers do use the same fabric, and how is the one we buy any different to the match day ones (in terms of design)?

Yeah, that's how the monitor the player movements and heart rate to gather the data necessary to improve on the training field. All players have them now - they're located roughly where the BBFFC is.

Even if these on-field jumpers came in a 7XL for bigger players, they still would not be the same as a 7XL available to consumers - they'll still be tightly fitted so tacklers cannot get a hold of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back