Prediction Will Mitch Brown make it?

Will he make it at AFL level?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celebrating the failure of a young footballer (and a Geelong one too), pretty poor in my books.

A. He hasnt failed entirely, just as a KPF at Geelong.

2. He isnt young.

And firstly, im not celebrating his cutting, im celebrating my own judgement call being correct.

I did get Hunt and Hamling wrong though.

Mitch's career at Geelong has been a bit like this guy:

RQFauUz1SmGFa80LAMYm_Track%20and%20Fail.gif

He's had less opportunities, shown more at AFL level and has far more talent than just about any other delisted player. I think it's a near certainty that he gets picked up so he may still "make it". It won't be at Geelong though.

Have to disagree, he has shown SFA at AFL level and didn't make the most of his opportunities and this is why he's gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that is a valid question and i do believe you know the answer

we should have at least giving brown a decent crack imo, we will never know what he could have done

I actually don't yet, but I'll look it up.

My main concern is it absolutely guts one section of the playing list, which is where the bulk of the playing group should be.

Here it is:

Schroder - 21
Stringer - 23
Burbury - 22
Varcoe - 26
Hunt - 23
Brown - 24
Hamling - 21

Interesting times ahead!

My main concern is it absolutely guts one section of the playing list, which is where the bulk of the playing group should be.

Here it is:

Schroder - 21
Stringer - 23
Burbury - 22
Varcoe - 26
Hunt - 23
Brown - 24
Hamling - 21

Interesting times ahead!

Though we have 14 players between the ages of 24 and 22 on our list next year. We have plenty of up and coming player left but no one aged 25 until December next year.

Here it is:

Schroder - 21
Stringer - 23
Burbury - 22
Varcoe - 26
Hunt - 23
Brown - 24
Hamling - 21

Interesting times ahead!

I think ultimately it depends on what the Cats next movie is. I don't see them drafting five 18 yo's, so I expect a few mature age players (mid-20's) coming in. The arguement is going to remain will they be better than what we just cut. Especially if they're only the cast-offs from another club. No one knows the answer to that yet. But I agree, it is interesting times ahead.

Here it is:

Schroder - 21
Stringer - 23
Burbury - 22
Varcoe - 26
Hunt - 23
Brown - 24
Hamling - 21

Interesting times ahead!

these guys were the "smooth transition" from the veterans.

if we draft youngsters this draft we will have a godly amount of players under 22.
our next flag window isnt for another 3 years at least

Did Brown get a early injury?
This year was the year for Brown to shine,but to shine he needed to get games without vards and pods i thought there was a spot for either brown Or walker.
But we saw Brown early on but not again till late in the year.

Rolled his ankle in the dying minutes of Round 1 v Adelaide. Played with that against Brisbane and Collingwood, then was taken out of the team. Scott specifically mentioned it and praised him for playing through it in the press conference prior to the West Coast game (I think). Then had minor shoulder surgery a few weeks later (I'd have to check when he missed the VFL for confirmation, my guess would be somewhere in the Rounds 10-12 area). Played however many VFL games after than and came back (and played well) against Brisbane in the last round.

Here it is:

Schroder - 21
Stringer - 23
Burbury - 22
Varcoe - 26
Hunt - 23
Brown - 24
Hamling - 21

Interesting times ahead!
National Draft Pick 15
National Draft Pick 15
National Draft Pick 32
National Draft Pick 49
National Draft Pick 54
Rookie Draft Pick 40
Rookie Draft Pick 61

Gone.

He's had less opportunities, shown more at AFL level and has far more talent than just about any other delisted player. I think it's a near certainty that he gets picked up so he may still "make it". It won't be at Geelong though.
lol the Brown lovers still cant admit they were utterley wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back