QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

More teams the merrier but really think the comp should be capped at 10. Play 20 home and away games with each club playing each other twice. Fingers crossed hope they don't have uneven teams in the comp like this year. No-one likes having 2 byes and only playing 16 home and away games. Clubs would all kill for one extra home game to make some more money to help keep them afloat I'm sure! If it's 20 games then that's 2 extra home games for the year!

Was supposed to be like that this year but Jimboomba pulled out the week before the season started because they had lied about numbers for two teams

Love this time of the year
Cricket season just recruited
Andrew symonds. And great pick up buy the roosters burto good player legend bloke shame about the head

So are Wynnum.

Both clubs will need 50 registered players by end of November though!

good luck to them...

I don't think any of the 3 mentioned will be in this division. AFLQ are wanting to create some certainty in all divisions; at least for a couple of seasons.

So.......

Wynnum - most likely but would have to have a $hitload of juniors coming through
Bond - University's are traditionally a transitional environment in my opinion. Hard to keep consistent numbers
Vic Point - Start up club with over 50 players?

IMHO it's more like 60 players not 50 so that makes it tougher.

I'd say the number of clubs remains the same, unless you believe the rumours of some QAFA (B) clubs being approached to be the "2nds" (or on the case of one club the "Seniors").

I can confirm that Dayne Beams has had a change of heart about the Lions and will be playing at the Pirates next year...

Pirates confident of improving? They looked only 3-4 good players away from a finals side when I watched them play redcliffe last year.

We have managed to pick up a few blokes from around the place so should add some consistency to our performances. Looking for a better showing this year for sure... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...maybe a 6 game (+ finals) 'contract' somewhere? Or Beenleigh get into finals contention mid-season & could add an 'experienced' forward type?
If there is a team that desperate for a broken down old man, they arent playing finals :drunk:

I think u could be on to something there np!
Retirement is a long time Troy...
True it is, after many attempts I know that well haha.

I have relocated offices to Varsity and recently bought a house in Varsity lakes, so travelling to the buffs is not an attractive offer. I am also enjoying being pain free :)

I heard rumours about Wardy playing next year for Tigers. Have you heard those rumours? I hope he plays.
He'd be nearly my age mate! Masters may suit him. Saw the ressies ruckman last week & I believe there's 3 or 'mature' guys hanging them up, All from the ressies though I believe

He'd be nearly my age mate! Masters may suit him. Saw the ressies ruckman last week & I believe there's 3 or 'mature' guys hanging them up, All from the ressies though I believe
True. I haven't had much to do with the club since I retired. Looks like it should be an interesting year in the qafa a

Remove this Banner Ad

Back