Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Who will we draft? edition

Pick 11 - Who will it be

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute...

somethingwassaid.png

haha now check this. how far will petracca slide. pickett might go before him. Remember I said pickett said him and wright were rated at number 1 n 2 had they of been drafted last yr. they could be 2 n 4 or 3 n 4. This is going to make the draft interesting. could petracca slide to a 7 or 8? or do pies pick him at 5 Screenshot_2014-11-26-17-50-31.png

If Duggan isn't taken by Gold Coast, he will be playing for WC next year. I am confident we will take him over Laverde - the footy smarts and tidy ball use is exactly what Simpson is looking for IMO.

Like I've said previously, I don't think our coaches consider us to need faster players, and they're going to back in the bulking up of existing players over drafting for size.

Seems that GC have expressed interest in Wright, which has pushed Duggan down to us, and as such I'd put a carton on us calling out Duggan's name tomorrow.

Better start watching those vids and trying to see the silver lining in it!

Last edited:
Easy test. Put the bits inside the quotations into Google and see if a legitimate journalist wrote it.
Well according to matt smith there's nothing wrong with the post

Who wouldnt be mad if we got Duggan if we drafted a quick player with our second? e.g. Menadue, Rainbow, D. McKenzie.

Who wouldnt be mad if we got Duggan if we drafted a quick player with our second? e.g. Menadue, Rainbow, D. McKenzie.

Thing is we're getting an average paced guy with good skills in Waterman already, we don't need another.

We need pace and X factor badly, Leverde, Cockatoo and Weller should be the ones we're considering.

Thing is we're getting an average paced guy with good skills in Waterman already, we don't need another.

We need pace and X factor badly, Leverde, Cockatoo and Weller should be the ones we're considering.

partially agree but if we drafted Menadue as well it would kind of cancel out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, but how many times have you heard Simpson bemoan our lack of pace? Not once. I honestly think he doesn't see a problem with our pace - but he has issues with our smarts, ball use, and ability to win our own ball.

Duggan seems to have proven he can tick box #3 throughout the latter half of the season, and so I think he will be extremely high on our priority list.

I don't think we'll see them prioritise pace as much as we hope they will

Our pace isn't an issue... certainly not leg speed.

Our main issue is quick ball movement. That requires clean ball handling and quality disposal.
Yeah I don't share the angst of some in here at the prospect of drafting dugggan

Good ball users are welcome

haha now check this. how far will petracca slide. pickett might go before him. Remember I said pickett said him and wright were rated at number 1 n 2 had they of been drafted last yr. they could be 2 n 4 or 3 n 4. This is going to make the draft interesting. could petracca slide to a 7 or 8? or do pies pick him at 5View attachment 94391
You've lost all credibility using that s**t.

I have no idea about the players. The only one i've actually seen kick a ball was Waterman in 2013.

I don't want someone who is picked because they are quick - I want someone quick of mind and quick with skills.

Of the best midfielders in the league - who are electric?

Judd used to be - but not since 2007, Ablett perhaps - though now it is more pure strength and balance.

Selwood/Shuey/Yeo are the equal in pace to Pendlebury, Watson, Fyfe, Griffen et al

Really think we should go an X Factor/ line breaking run and carry player with our first pick.

Laverde, the utensil or even Weller would be great even though they they might not project as a high posession midfielders as there should be a good chance that we will be able to select an out and out quality midfielder at 31. Hopefully one of Blakley, Cavka, Maynard, Miller or Neal-Bullen.

haha now check this. how far will petracca slide. pickett might go before him. Remember I said pickett said him and wright were rated at number 1 n 2 had they of been drafted last yr. they could be 2 n 4 or 3 n 4. This is going to make the draft interesting. could petracca slide to a 7 or 8? or do pies pick him at 5View attachment 94391

The Herald Sun is actually reporting than Brayshaw and Petracca will go two and three, and Roos said as much on SEN earlier this evening.

Edit: Actually it was 3AW: http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-sport-blog/mccartin-petracca-brayshaw-top-3/20141126-3l97j.html

“I can tell you that Christian Petracca will not be playing for Collingwood,” he said on Sports Today.

“You can read into that what you want to.”

The Melbourne coach said the three standouts in tomorrow night’s draft are Paddy McCartin, Christian Petracca and Angus Brayshaw.

“From my point of view at the moment what I’ve seen I think those players are just a little bit ahead of the other guys.

Last edited:
189cm's, he'll fill out like nobody's business. This won't be another Sheppard/Gaff scenario IMO.

What makes you say that? Strikes me as more of a 'hard gainer' than Cockatoo or Duggan. Can't see him filling out all that much (queue 45 mins a day jokes). Tony Notte was 194cm.

I personally think Cockatoo is the most able to withstand the physical rigours of AFL of the draftees we're looking at. He is very physically developed and has a natural contested game. Probably just isn't the athlete Laverde is and neither are great kicks.

Just spoke to my mate from inside the eagles, same one that said a player had hurt his hand (Yeo), said that they've basically locked in Cockatoo, done a lot of homework on him and rate him extremely highly. I asked about Lavarde, he said they still expect him to be long gone by our pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back