2014/15 Melbourne Victory Thread - Home of the Champions!! #10yearsproud

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2) Melbourne Victory V SydneyFC 2008, two goals down within the first 5 minutes, then an inspired comeback to win 3-2 that literally destroyed SydneyFC season and it wouldn't be the first time! who could forget Nick Wards wonder strike and then Nay Fabio's goal and the grabbing of the badge and little jig.

Last edited:
3) Melbourne Victory V Adelaide United Major Semi Final Second leg 2009, We all talk about the 6-0 thrashing in 2006/7 grand final but what goes under the radar is the 4-0 thrashing in the major semi final of the 2008/09 season, Carlos Hernandez at his very best tearing a new one to Adelaide. the Match also gave us a new term to refer to Adelaide thanks to their coach, PISSANTS!!

Last edited:

4) Melbourne Victory V Brisbane Roar 2011, up against the champions we go down to 10 men within the first minute of the match. when covic brings down Berisha. we go down 1-0 but then incredibly we end up taking the lead 2-1 within 15min, brisbane peg one back to make it 2-2 we then go down to 9 men when Foschini is sent off, we hang for a priceless draw, Mehmet Durakovic's finest hour.

Last edited:
Being our anniversary week I'm feeling the need to share some memories.

1) Melbourne Victory V Central Coast Mariner 2006, down to 9 men Muscat and Vargas sent off 3-2 down at half-time, what happens next result in probably one of thebest come backs and matches in A-league history.

1) allsopp lol
2) how shockingly plain were the original uniforms?

5) Melbourne Heart V Melbourne Victory 2012, Archie Thompsons comes up with the match winning goal in injury time to finally break our winless drought against the flogs across town, absolutely wonderful night best way to defeat the flogs too.

Last edited:
4) Melbourne Victory V Brisbane Roar 2011, up against the champions we go down to 10 men within the first minute of the match. when covic brings down Berisha. we go down 1-0 but the incredily we end up taking the lead 2-1 within 15min, brisbane peg one back togo2-2 we then go down to 9 men when is Foschini sent off, we hang for a priceless draw Mehmet Durakovic' s finest hour.

hate that diving campaigner berisha.

2) Melbourne Victory V SydneyFC 2008, two goals down within the first 5 minutes, then an inspired comeback to win 3-2 that literally destroyed SydneyFC season and it wouldn't be the first time! who could forget Nick Wards wonder strike and then Nay Fabio's goal and the grabbing of the badge and little jig.

lol seb ryall pre u know what

My fave moment in 10 years, Robinson's winner in the semi Vs Adelaide 91st minute when that header looped in the stands shook, The loudest I have ever heard etihad, I was in the nose bleeds that day and it was the greatest sight.

My fave moment in 10 years, Robinson's winner in the semi Vs Adelaide 91st minute when that header looped in the stands shook, The loudest I have ever heard etihad, I was in the nose bleeds that day and it was the greatest sight.

Yeah what an awesome afternoon, see the first page of this thread for the footage and my thoughts on that match.

Last edited:
Some of them had the gall to suggest this one will be the "real" derby. Funny how they came up with that idea after we'd crushed them 5-2 in the previous derby :rolleyes:

tbf AAMI Park derbies are so much better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5) Melbourne Heart V Melbourne Victory 2012, Archie Thompsons comes up with the match winning goal in injury time to finally break our winless drought against the flogs across town, absolutely wonderful night best way to defeat the flogs too.

This takes the cake for me.

My first ever soccer match I went to.

My best memories?

1. Traveling to Sydney for our first ever game. Good away support, Archie header to get the draw 1-1 in the 2nd half. I'd been to some preseason games but my passion started that day.
2. James Robinson header in the semi to get us to the GF.
3. Archie's 6 + GF win.
4. Sydney whipping 5-0 at Olympic Park.
5. Archie's winner against the Fart

tbf AAMI Park derbies are so much better

A derby is a derby. Whether it is at AAMI, Etihad or anywhere else in Victoria for that matter.

The point I was making is, some of our cross town 'friends' had the gall to suggest the next one will be the "real" derby. An idea they seem to have dreamed up just after we'd crushed them 5-2 in the last derby

My best memories?

1. Traveling to Sydney for our first ever game. Good away support, Archie header to get the draw 1-1 in the 2nd half. I'd been to some preseason games but my passion started that day.
2. James Robinson header in the semi to get us to the GF.
3. Archie's 6 + GF win.
4. Sydney whipping 5-0 at Olympic Park.
5. Archie's winner against the Fart

It was 5 for Archie, Sarkies got our sixth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back